• goin5150's: E-mag to Karta to Phoenix transformation.

A little history of my E-Mag from 2003 to 2014...

In early 2003 I purchased a bone stock E-Mag... First thing I did was put a System X drop forward on it and slapped on a revy. Here is how she looked when I brought her home...

Now like a lot of people I just can't leave anything alone. I decided that I wanted to upgrade her so I purchased a warp left ULE warp left body, Warp Feed and Halo loader. I also traded in my E-mag valve for a new x valve, and had my stock rail ULE milled and notched for the new warp left body...

A couple years go by and I find a nice Karta body and rail I just had to have... so the mod bug bit me again and my E-mag once again was transformed...

After playing for a short time with the Karta body I decided to go back to the Warp Feed set up just because I missed it, and I had a plan for the Karta Body... voila my Karta Mech Mag was born... (see above). But like all things I get my hands on I decided to let the mod bug bite me again and I picked up a Phoenix body. Off came the Warp Feed set up and I slapped on the Phoenix body and rail...

For the last couple years I switched between the Warp Feed set up and the Phoenix Body and Rail. About a year ago I sent the grip frame and battery pack to Luke's Customs and had had him do the works on it. When it came back from Luke's Customs I knew I had to have it re-anodized... but I decided to do something different I had the ano stripped off the entire marker and had all the parts polished...

Last December the Mod bug bit me again... and hopefully for the last time on my poor old E-mag. I contacted Stephen at Caustic Customs and shot some ideas his way for how I would like to have my E-mag anodized.... After a couple weeks of talking I decided to pull the trigger and sent it off for hopefully the last upgrade of it's life... Here is how she turned out...

Now I know it is hard to see but the background of the gun is a matte purple/black finish while the foreground is a polished orange/clear splash... My crappy photography skills have yet to capture the way the light hits her.

And yes she is still my primary