Thread: "old school" rt problems

"old school" rt problems

i have an "old school" rt every time i use it the o rings on the banjo bolt blows out, the one in the middle. put new o rings on and fire once, than my trigger is dead, pull all i want and nothing happens.
    what should i do is there anyone in minnesota who might be able to fix this or should i just buy a new gun and some c4 , play paintball with new gun and make new c4 hanndle and blow it up, am at whits end about this.

joe
    mc_joker_csk@yahoo.com

No, no, no....Don't blow it up! Give it to me instead. Okay seriously, I would check your rail for a burr or something that might be cutting the o-ring. Maybe try a little lithium grease on the banjo bolt o-ring before you put it into the rail.

Another thing that I've noticed in the 5 1/2 years that I've owned RT's is that they love oil. A couple of drops of oil each case of paint goes a long way. I'd get a new parts kit and replace all of the o-rings. Then put a couple of drops of oil into the valve and fire it a few times.

I hope that helps.
    I'm a lefty that plays with an old school RT with H/L. I bought a warp and all is right with the world.
    SocialD's feedback
    SocialD's stuff for sale
    Jaz Air Technologies barrels

well i did replace all o rings, had to go to local crook shop spen $30 because they are the only place by me that has them, still waiting for the ones i ordered online to arive,2 days hopefully.
    again middle o ring broke, we also smoothed out the iner part where the banjo bolt goes through.
    now the trigger does not even fire, and it leaks down the barrel, the only way to stop leak is to pull trigger. put everytihng back together as i did last time, this time nothing. thanks for trying to help me figure this out

joe
    mc_joker_csk@yahoo.com

also oil every time it is fired weather 2balls or 2000

How are you gassing it up? RT's like a quick burst of air. Turn the tank in quicker, or turn the on-off quicker. To test if this is your problem stick a wooden spoon down the barrel and push your bolt back, if its fine after that you know what your problem is. Could also be a pt o-ring or pt spacer.

middle oring

my rt brakes the middle oring on the bango bolt almost after every use it fires fine but leaks between the body and rail

to cure that problem we put orings on the base of banjo bolt, the banjo was going to far into the handle and base so when fireing the bolt would move causeing the o ring to break
    as far as airing up air america raptor rex quick connect

know anyone selling rt or x valve need one for my ptp micro mag
    also need a single trigger.
    hope this helps you though
    a_joe13@yahoo.com

thanks
    joe
    team maruders
    www.fslpaintball.com

my problem now...

OK,
    I am have'n problems getting the o-rings in the replacement kit to fit the bolt. I check and there are o-rings I can get to fit, but are to big and won't let the bolt go in through the handgrip. The other o-rings that look to be the right ones are so freaking tight that I can't get them to go over the end of the banjo bolt and get into position. HELP!!! is there a trick to getting these o rings on this thing?

the ones that are really tight are the right ones just roll them as you put them on it is a tight fit so that it seals the air

Re: middle oring

Originally posted by steve abel
    my rt brakes the middle oring on the bango bolt almost after every use it fires fine but leaks between the body and rail
    On/Off valve take it out and replace the On/off top orings
    Euro E-mag | TL63 | XMOD| EM01610
    Euro Rt | OG | RT02382.

I do believe that oring problem may have been fixed by AGD with an RT Rail Update a while back. I am quite sure the Banjo bolt has been re-designed also. I would be happy to fix that marker for you if you send it here. Email me...
    Email me
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

OK,
    I got my orings replaced finally, but I'm still leaking air. It took a hard charge of air that my guage that is in the body rail is broken now and won't read anything now.

I am wondering, if I do the ULE upgrade package with AGD, will that bypass the air system going through the body rail? I remember the original mag have'n the line go right into the valve on the right side of the marker. I was wondering if the X valve does the same again?

I've seen people say that it would be cheaper to sell the marker and just buy the new Custom R/T package AGD is selling now. The thing is that I have an Eclipse R/T and I like the splash finnish on it and don't wanna pay another $150 or so to get it reproduced on a new marker.