Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Halo B

22 55.00%
  • Egg2 w/ Zboard

18 45.00%

Thread: Halo B vs Evo2 w/ Zboard

Halo B vs Evo2 w/ Zboard

ok guys, its time for a new hopper for my mech ule mag. right now i have a x-revy. i kinda want a light hopper, but also a strong one that one break. i like how eggs wont pop open and leak your balls like my revy does every once in a while. but i like how halos look. im not 2 worried about what one feeds faster sence i will never be shootin over 20 bps anyway, i dont have an Rt or Xvalve. so plz vote on the poll, and explain why

thx,
    steve

www.Intimidatorowners.com
    Black and Red Alias

halo b's are pretty heavy and eggys are lighter but dont have an as fast feed rate. i would go with the egg
    i liiiike paintball.

Minimag
    xvalve
    intelliframe
    warpfeed

Im a reader, not a poster :-D

Originally posted by edman282
    halo b's are pretty heavy and eggys are lighter but dont have an as fast feed rate. i would go with the egg
    there barely ANY weight difference between the two.

i voted for the egg with z.
    bascially because your not worrying about the feed rate. the egg holds more paint, about 20-40 more. whereas the halo holds about 1 pod.
    halo has a faster burst rate than egg will ever have due to the spring in the halo giving it the force, but they both have a realiable feed when it comes to long strings.

$tevo-most people dont have the new z-board for the egg2
    i just recently purchased one and it should arrive
    soon...
    the z-boards are not in stores yet... a few dealers do have them...
    so i would only suggest you talk to people who actually have the board so you can get a fair review...

Originally posted by Jon/xpm
    $tevo-most people dont have the new z-board for the egg2
    i just recently purchased one and it should arrive
    soon...
    the z-boards are not in stores yet... a few dealers do have them...
    so i would only suggest you talk to people who actually have the board so you can get a fair review...
    i have the zboard.
    the only plus i see over the yboard was that it continues to spin AFTER the eye gets activated. this making it a more reliable feeding than the yboard.
    i'm not sure if they sped the motor up or not, but they might of. but this is the real only plus from it.
    it doesn't 'adjust to your fire rate' like they claim.

when you turn it on, it'll spin fast, then it'll spin slow. then if you break the eye, it'll spin fast, and when eye gets reactivated, it'll spin a little, then go back to slow. then finally stop if a ball is in the eye long enough.
    its hard to describe. basically all it does is spin after eye gets activated at a slower speed.

That's a tough one only 'cause you don't have an Egg already.If you buy an Egg and then a Z board,only way to do it right now and yes they ARE available retail,your gonna spend around the cost of a Halo.The Z-Board is WAY faster than the previous boards according to my personal BPS tests done w/ a timing chrono,but it is still not as fast as a Halo.For that kind of money I would probably get the Halo.If it doesn't break,be honest people MANY Halos break,it'll suit you indefinitely.

Jay.
    Logic Paintball Forums
    My A O Feedback Here
    Other Feedback Here
    If I've Been Any help
    Please Leave Some.

i've tried owned both the egg and halo, i really didnt like the egg. It sat up way too high and i got soo many hopper hits on me. If your deciding on a hopper strickly by feedrate i think you should go by ergonomics b/c both feed more then fast enough for your mag. I vote halo

My Feedback
    Not Wearing Pants Since 1999
    President of The Anti-Pants Party
    Join The Anti-Pants Party

yes i voted for the halo

even if they both feed around the same i just cant get over the way the egg looks. if it looks some what like the 12v or halo then i might have voted for the egg.

good buyers/traders: becercom tunaman pullman richie CoFFeY[NiTrO]

www.vaporworks.net the best bushy upgrades!
    www.infowars.com learn the truth about the goverment.

My Feedback

ithaca, NY I go to Ithaca paintball, come play with me.
    who has tried the evo2 with z. anyone here.
    Pete

FOR SALE
    Evil 3+2 pack
    FeedbackAO feedback PBN feedback Matrix serial #-lost

I HAVE a z-boarded egg. I'm not sure why I got it because my Y-board was able to keep up wit my 18 bps strings on the viking. I think I got it just in case I get faster. But foir your mech mag, a normal Y-boarded egg will do just great. I do under stand that the halo is better but I Have grown attached to my egg since I have had it for a while now. (3 guns)

I like the way the egg sits, it puts the weight on the trigger frame and back of the gun, since the tank is cradled into the arm, it feels fine. Plus that extra paint is good. Did you know I crammed 220 balls into my egg? I counted all of them.(includes the feed neck and the ball in the gun )

I have seen alot of people break paint inside their Halos, I have never broken a ball in mine and I never will, those flex fingers are great. Plus the Halo is harder to take apart and put back together.

I like the Lid, I pull it down to were it stays, dump the paint, then use the empty pod to hit the lid shut.

Plus halos have troubles with ball denents they could puch past then, not so with the Egg.

Since your not shooting over 20 bps get the y-boarded egg.
    EviL-

Oh come Hither my Evil friends. Let us dance upon our MINION of pure EviL apon the sup air ball field. Let us give thanks for this EviL OMEN that the Lord AVATAR has given to us. Let us crawl apon this wicked earth, converting the people to our HEATHEN ways, let us PIMP them with our SCION. Let us be faithfull till Judgement day, when EviL shall finally RULE THE WORLD.

http://www.nazgulclan.com/ryouko/fridaynight3-1.wmv

http://www.greenshines.com/control/media/1078969315.wmv

How about if your NOT shooting above 12 bps get an egg.

Zboard or not, your still not changing the fact that the egg is a GRAVITY FED hopper! Once it starts feeding, it gets faster and forces paint down the feedtube. From what

Ive gathered on this thread, the Zboard is so radical, cuz it spins the impeller for a tiny bit longer than a normal egg board would .Sooner or later the egg will stop trying to spin and youll be back to good ol gravity on your first shot again. Now if your a back player or just trigger happy you can keep the EGG spinning for the entire duration of the game, but then you can have the privelage of replaceing batteries CONSTANTLY.

Its up to you in the end but IMHO the egg just doesnt compare to the power that is halo.
    "Nothing is more beutiful than a warrior with no distractions".

Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever.

well, i have a video of a yboard egg skipping shots at 15bps. and since it was NOT a hopper test, it was a GUN test, i'd assume its safe to say they had the speed adjuster all the way up.

however, i played today, tried the halo out for first game, but kept out shooting it because batteries were dying, so i threw on my zboard egg.
    it fed fine, and very reliably, just like the halo would.

if you're not worrying about speed, then once again, i'll say get the egg.
    why?
    well, halo definitally beats the egg in speed. mainly because it has the burst rate that the egg will not have unless they add a spring into the paddles and make them stiffer. zboard egg is fast too tho. just not force

egg has the battery life against the halo
    egg also has the ball capacity against the halo
    halo has the shell structure over the egg

but its up to you. i'd get the egg despite the problems with shells breaking easily.
    egg sits really different than the halo so, up to you once again.

the pictures game out really crappy, but the guns are in the exact spot in the pictures, i put them in a program and lined them up. so, but yeah

I say Halo, because i cant stand the way the egg sits. Plus the halo looks better. And there is the added plus of not buying something BE.

I used my Eggs on my X-mag and it did not look that bad....I guess because I do not have that sight rail... But on my viking it looks great.

Everyone keeps saying how nice it is that the Evo2 holds more paint than the Halo... I really don't see how that matters. When you run low on paint and put a new pod in, you're still only putting in the 140-150 that the pod holds. Unless you want to completely fill your pod up when you're no where near empty, I don't see what difference it makes.

Originally posted by FallNAngel
    Everyone keeps saying how nice it is that the Evo2 holds more paint than the Halo... I really don't see how that matters. When you run low on paint and put a new pod in, you're still only putting in the 140-150 that the pod holds. Unless you want to completely fill your pod up when you're no where near empty, I don't see what difference it makes.
    most people fill their hoppers up when they SEE them running low on paint. i reload with egg when i got like 20 balls in the hopper, but with a halo i gotta wait til theres only a few balls in it+cone loaded with paint.

Teammate has a Halo B, First the little arm with the beads brakes off ($6) then the on off button breaks off ($30 new board needed) then the out side cover of the button breaks around the button ! Theyre just to fragile for me Egg2 please.
    Ref !...........Punk check!......Punk check!

Originally posted by nycmag
    Teammate has a Halo B, First the little arm with the beads brakes off ($6) then the on off button breaks off ($30 new board needed) then the out side cover of the button breaks around the button ! Theyre just to fragile for me Egg2 please.
    Hmm... it's more likely that one of the beads broke off than the entire arm. In either case, I'd find it really hard to believe the on/off switch broke off. He'd have to be mashing on it to do it.

Originally posted by FallNAngel

Hmm... it's more likely that one of the beads broke off than the entire arm. In either case, I'd find it really hard to believe the on/off switch broke off. He'd have to be mashing on it to do it.
    my guess is that they took the hopper apart wrong, and tried sliding out the board without the back plate at the same time.

Originally posted by rikkter

my guess is that they took the hopper apart wrong, and tried sliding out the board without the back plate at the same time.
    I agree, sounds like user error.