Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: "All by AO vendors RT Pro project" cphilip's

The Frymarker Guest
    I'm here

Sorry I got delayed. I want to get some out for Ryan first, because he has been so patient with the grip situation.

I make them, then I don't like them, this will be my 4th mold for these grips.

I wanted them to be awesome.

So I have kind of put my resources into getting him out some jewels.

You will also be getting 1 logic jewel, and the 5 others

I will be getting to these next week, because resin is running thin and I still need to get him a few more out.

So next week you will have them I promise

I just have to say Cphil that the marker is damn nice

Wowzah! Colin's body and Ryan frame just look great together!

Ah! you are alive girlie! I seen the work already so I know you BEEN working on them. And I know you got priorities. It's no big hurry. Just couldn't pass up a chance to act hurt and all. Ya know?

Oh... and when you are caught up... I am not really that happy with this grip up there you see as far as the matching of the blacks with the foregrip. So what can we do to either the foregrip or the grip to get them to match up? I want to keep the window for the jewel but you can see they really do not match well do they?
    Last edited by cphilip; 02-20-2004 at 06:20 PM.

The Frymarker Guest
    Yeah it has been hard trying to get back to people on AO because for 2 weeks there was something wrong with my pc. I couldn't post or see any pics on here.

Someone informed me of how to fix it so it's fixed

That and having so many orders and the kids and the baby being sick all at the same time doesn't really help the situation of getting things done faster. Oh well blah blah blah

Any hoo,

The grip color or do you want the texture as well? As far as the mold right now all of them do not have a removable window. I have made them fixed.

And I am having trouble with wraps and I think I am going to stick with the panels, they are much easier for me to do.

The color is not a problem.

Do you want the same texture, because if so I can buy a rubber forgrip, and rip the pieces off make a mold of them and place them on a prototype grip, with the window omitted so you can have your windows placed in there as well.

Let me know and I'll see what I can do. Then you will have a perfect matching set.

I have an extra foregrip if you want it to use it to make something with. I wasn't really looking for the pattern but just the color of that blacks to match. I guess I should wait to see it done before I decide what to do there.

very nice cphil!!!

IMO it would look atlot better with a rogue grip or an old-style RTP foregrip
    Proud Member Of The AO Cesspool Since 08-24-2002

The Frymarker Guest
    Okay Cphil, no problem wait and see what it will look like finished and we can go from there, maybe by that time I should have some more time to dedicate to making them look like the foregrip if that is what you would like.

Sneaky, in my opinion the Rogue grip is far too skinny for this beefy looking grip frame. It doesn't balance well. I do indeed have an old style RTP forgrip. Might take a look at this. But if you have never held one of these Bicycle ones you just don''t know. They are super comfy. And I think it looks fine.

Heather. I will send you this new extra Bicycle grip for you to experiment with. You can keep it. See what you come up with for a new cover or something. And perhaps even use the pattern or whatever...

i've hend a few of the bicycle grips, and they're just not my style... plus it looks kinda odd so far foward and all

Well to each his own. Its actually further back than a stock RTP is. About an inch or so. Than it would be with the bracket that is. Eliminating the bracket puts it about where I had moved my other bracket back too. Thats why I asked Nicad to mount it directly to the rail. So it would also end up further back. And now it is. But again each person has different tastes. The good thing about these new AGD bicycle foregrips is the Verticle ASA is just a standard screw in now. You could now unscrew the bottom grip and put anything in there you want too. Where as before you had a solid peice there and could not do that. Basically they are a gas through verticle ASA with a gas through grip screwed in now. Makes it much more changable than before. Any kind or Expansion chamber or regulator or anything could be put on there and made into a foregrip with little or no effort at all. You could not do that before. Nor can you do that with a solid grip like the old RTP one or the Rogue one. Even the VERY old RT grip was one peice although it was gas through. I got one of those too. But with this set up you do have gas though and yet you still can change to any screw in grip you want. I think in the long run thats preferable.

ohhhhhhh... i see it now, i was looking at the BEFORE picture... in the after one its mounted directly to the rail - looks much nicer

Egggggggzactly!

The Frymarker Guest
    Okay Cphil

Ok so I have not heard from Colin since he drops the teaser that it was back and pictures when he got a chance. Thats was like what? Three days ago? So not I resorting to amusing myself by posting pictures of it before Anno you have not seen...

I feel your pain Cphilip. but at least you have some pics of it to hold you over, for now... <--- worst attempt at consolation ever.
    "Great stories! See everyone, just buy a Sydarm and become a paintball superstar!! "
    AGD

"i just sent out the full force of the canadian army (4 guys). expect high canadian casualties"
    Blackweenie

hehehe... yea... Colin must have a life or something.

or maybe he realized how sweet your marker is and refused to let it go. he is probably already at his undisclosed desert location preparing to release a statement, but not Cphilip's AO vendors RTP

You might be onto something. If he shows his hand we blast him!

Thumbs up

thats awesome phil

OK finaly got some after anno pictures. Now you all know taking a picture of a gloss black is about the most difficult thing in the world to do. But we had to get some anyway... So here it is...

But now there is still an issue I brought up earlier of the two kinds of blacks in the foregrip and the Grip Frames grip. I not happy with that and need to find another more black Stickie Grip for this thing. Anyone know of a "Blacker" one?

See how the grips are too greyish black?

why no ano for the gripframe? would look better with the matching gripframe...
    Tom was the last of a now extinct breed, a breed of players who build a community, a breed of owners who gave to the sport never taking more than what they deserved. I hope to see you at the feild again some day....

I still not decided on that. Leaning on doing it black too now. Its just natural at this point. Wanted to see it to decide first. There is some debate that they types of Aluminum would not black the same either. So thats still a variable in the mix.

I thought the natural would break up the monotony of it some. And I still think it would if that grip color was pure black like the foregrip is.

I still want to see the real black black grips on there before I finaly decide to leave it or black it. Thats throwing me off right now.

why not rit the grips jet black

oh and thats one hot marker with that body and grip frame.

Originally posted by rkjunior303
    why not rit the grips jet black
    I am not certain it would take. Since I do not know the material of it. Might be worth a shot though.

I would try it.. Just leave them in the rit/hot water long enough so they are black black black.. are they plastic/rubber? They should take -- worth a shot.. Especially if you aren't going to use them anyways -- no worry if you wreck em.

Thats true. Soon as it gets back here I give em a shot. Then we can see how to proceed. But if anyone knows of an IR3 grip that is black black then let me know.

That is one hell of a mag cphil! Thats now my desktop until you post more pics! Love keeping up with this project

Well I will do that. Soon as I can get that black grip issue straight. And as I said before, Colin was not happy with the pictures as he had to take them last night and Black Gloss needs true daylight to really capture it. But he wanted to get it taken and then on its way back to me so thats what he had to settle for.

Cphilip, OTBs grips should work seem pretty solid black

www.offthebreak.com

NYX-Matrix/Mamba IR3
    -----> Click the picture, do it!

PBnation

Impulse Owners Group (IOG)