Thread: Loctite Applications

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    545 (Purple): This is a thread sealant, not a thread-locker like the above products. This is to be used on airline fittings that need a sealant to keep them from leaking. Allow 24hrs to fully cure.

Wish I'd of read this part. I waited 12 hours or so for overnight. Will try it again after cleaning it out. It spit out a bit at the ASA where it leaked from an some tiny purple bubble at the valve. Ah well, I 'll do it later tonight and then will be gone all weekend and try again Monday.

i don't know if it's old technology or not. but i recently discovered loctite thread sealant sticks. it sets super fast. no more teflon tape for me. and no more waiting overnight for liquid loctite to dry. i'm going to try the blue loctite stick on some feednecks next.

Does anyone have any experience combining Blue loctite (242) with Purple loctite (545) when installing macroline fittings? I will be installing CCM macroline fittings into my valve and ASA in a coupe days, and I was thinking about putting a drop of both blue and purple loctite on the threads? The purple as a sealant and the blue as further sealant and also to help hold the threads in place. Any thoughts or experience?

P.S. I was thinking of putting one drop of blue loctite near the tip of the fitting and then one drop of purple just behind the blue drop, not actually physically mixing the two loctites.