Thread: E-mag not holding charge

Unhappy E-mag not holding charge

Okay, so I just got my sex-E in, and I've got air and everything and I'm a little bit frustrated because of what I assume to be a fairly simple problem... which is also why I put this in talk, not too technical, and a quick answer would be nice.

ANYWAY, enough rambling:

This morning, I put the battery pack into the charger, connected the adapter, and got a red light for about 5 seconds which then turned green. I thought it couldn't hurt to let it charge for a couple hours, just in case, ya know? Well, I come home, and my mom had hit the light switch in the room, cutting the power to that plug I was using. Now, the battery has NO charge... well, let me rephrase that, it shows "AGD 3.0" on the screen, and I can cycle through the menus, but it's out within 30 seconds... and I'm not getting any light when I hook up the charger and battery pack and everything. Anybody know what my problem could be? Thanks!!
    Last edited by BobTheCow63; 05-07-2004 at 02:29 PM.
    Calling all Virginia, Maryland, North Carolina, and other east coast AOers...

AO Mid-Atlantic Meet (planning stages)

Let us know what dates and locations work for you!!

Quote Originally Posted by BobTheCow63
    Okay, so I just got my sex-E in, and I've got air and everything and I'm a little bit frustrated because of what I assume to be a fairly simple problem... which is also why I put this in talk, not too technical, and a quick answer would be nice.

ANYWAY, enough rambling:

This morning, I put the battery pack into the charger, connected the adapter, and got a red light for about 5 seconds which then turned green. I thought it couldn't hurt to let it charge for a couple hours, just in case, ya know? Well, I come home, and my mom had hit the light switch in the room, cutting the power to that plug I was using. Now, the battery has NO charge... well, let me rephrase that, it shows "AGD 3.0" on the screen, and I can cycle through the menus, but it's out within 30 seconds... and I'm not getting any light when I hook up the charger and battery pack and everything. Anybody know what my problem could be? Thanks!!
    plug the wall charger into the Emag charger and plug it in the wall. Check the output on the charger. It should be around 26 volts. Start with that...
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

What exactly would be the quick and easy way of checking voltage?

buy a voltometer. i think that is what they are called
    BHH!! one step above

Voltmeter, we use 'em in physics... lol I thought there might be an easier (and cheaper ) way, though... any other troubleshooting ideas? Maybe I'll just bring the whole contraption into Pev's over the weekend and see if they know what's going on.

I, like any normal human, have a voltmeter
    Hey
    AIM: FalconGuy016
    BANG!!!

I, like any normal human being, am on my way to your house.
    Last edited by BobTheCow63; 05-07-2004 at 07:41 PM.

Up please please

Alright, so I just talked to sneaky and he said both the charger AND battery are basically brand new from AGD. He was pretty pissed off, I think I might be too if this isn't a simple fix...

I must say that sucks a lot, I hope its a simple fix.