Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wait how legal is this:Rocking trigger?

Question Wait how legal is this:Rocking trigger?

http://members.cox.net/pgipaintguns/page11.html

i know i read about this before, utilizing 2 levers, and pull for each
    .... someone enlighten me please, thanks
    • AGD "Yea well our intention is to
      take over the world....one country at a time..... "

• Rt Pro X Valved Warp fed My Rtp
    • Props to Echo for the sig

It's not.
    Logic Paintball Forums
    My A O Feedback Here
    Other Feedback Here
    If I've Been Any help
    Please Leave Some.

its not, Doc Nickel made a rocking trigger a LONG time ago, so that patent isn't worth squat... two switches is an NPPL No-No...

but, given the way the rules are being modified to allow cheating, multiple switches is only around the corner.

---Fred

From the picture it doesn't look like it would increase bps anymore then normal walking... You still have to alternate fingers to fire the gun.. unless its easier to walk but it doesn't look like it... Might help you walk the tigger better by forcing your other finger away while the other pushes..

It looks almost like it may be harder to walk. Seems like you have to have your fingers farthur apart to walk it. And if you keep them close together, it gets hard to walk as well.
    Hey, look at that! It's Santa!

Good Ole Amish Country, or just outside of lancaster PA
    actually, its easy as all hell to walk! he had the proto at Huntington beach. HE claimed it was nppl legal. How this is possible, i dont quite know, but i assure you, it is fast as all get out, no bounce that i experienced either

Originally posted by Tom in reffrence to a post saying he acted like my dad...
    "That's right!
    WHO'S YOUR DADDY!!"
    ALL QUIT AND NO GO!!! Team Icky Forest-Shatnerball 2003!!!
    www.tunamart.com
    DONT SUPPORT HYPOCRITICAL MISSLEAD YOUTH, BOYCOTT HK

i never knew anything like this existed, but i have thought about this idea myself before. I have also thought about haveing twin triggers (i know it would not be tourny legal though). You could have one trigger just where it currently is and another turned around backwords in front of the other trigger. that way when walking/fanning your finger hits the current trigger on the back stroke, and the new trigger on the front stroke with your finger nail.

Quote: MarkM
    "virus attacks have been dealt with, same with back door nasties. ."

My feed back

-=Squid=- Guest
    Id like to try one. It looks like it would be harder to walk due to having to fully release before you can move it again. Its hard to explain what im trying to say, so if you dont get it I Will try to be a little more detailed.

Good Ole Amish Country, or just outside of lancaster PA
    trust me, its reeeealy easy to walk, and reeeeealy easyy to go fast

Heres an animated pic of something similar.
    [Something Cool is Here]

It seems like it would be harder sence it would be less torq on the switch and your fingers are farther apart so i dont really see any diffrence in it and the pic above? i really dont think that is the same thing that is still only one pull not rocking. but all hail regular trigs

ithaca, NY I go to Ithaca paintball, come play with me.
    I am postive that this was already out lawed.
    Pete

FOR SALE
    Evil 3+2 pack
    FeedbackAO feedback PBN feedback Matrix serial #-lost

Despite what some manufacturers say, they're ALL illegal.

No release of force is required.

There are 2 firing positions.

A full trigger cycle discharges 2 shots.

Quote Originally Posted by magman007
    trust me, its reeeealy easy to walk, and reeeeealy easyy to go fast
    Agreed. I've built this one as well.The deal is you never have to fully release tension on either finger and finger timing is no longer an issue.If properly set up,it will be faster than walking a typical trigger and easier to do with speed.

On a similar note...

http://members.cox.net/pgipaintguns/page6.htm

wasnt there a post a few days ago about a "revolutionary marker design" that never sold well, mainly because of slow cycling speeds? It utalized trap doors.....

Doesn't that gun bear a striking resembelance to it?
    "when the going gets tough, the tough go cyclic"

Save a noob- bunker a wiper.

from those pics, it resembles the Epic, but it's not.

The Epic is smaller and uses a different valve design, and it mechanical. also it has the regulator in the gripframe.

http://www.icepaintball.com/
    [*img]http://userpic.livejournal.com/11885469/469200[/img]
    Filesize too large- Tato
    Greatest "Sponsor" Ever.

There was a thread a few months ago about a how a trigger like that could still constitute one-pull one-shot.

In the end it came down to they guy who was planning on making them saying it could and me (alone with a bunch of other people) saying it couldn't. I eventuly stoppd argueing with the guy because there was no point as his mind was made up.

You simply cannot have two switches because that effectevly turns your one trigger into two.

edit: I guess it must have been at least a year ago with Wadits (sp?). Boy does time fly.
    Last edited by TheTramp; 07-08-2004 at 11:43 AM.
    "Relax. Don't worry. Have a Home Brew."
    -Charlie Papazian

Feedback: https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...threadid=40134

Quote Originally Posted by TheTramp
    There was a thread a few months ago about a how a trigger like that could still constitute one-pull one-shot.

In the end it came down to they guy who was planning on making them saying it could and me (alone with a bunch of other people) saying it couldn't. I eventuly stoppd argueing with the guy because there was no point as his mind was made up.

You simply cannot have two switches because that effectevly turns your one trigger into two.
    Was it Jim Drew?

From 2 years ago...

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...threadid=92290

and

https://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=44044

Doc's version:

Osiris @ NPPL Huntington 2004

oh okay, thanks jack & coke

Think it would be easier because the fulcrums in the middle.
    If God was a fly would you kill it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker27
    Despite what some manufacturers say, they're ALL illegal.

A full trigger cycle discharges 2 shots.

Depends on what you call a full trigger cycle. If you define a trigger cycle as, start at rest, pull to stop, return to rest, then it doesn't discharge 2 shots, just one. The rest is in the middle. The trigger doesn't do autoresponse. Your fingers are still responsible for every shot. Now, having said that, I'm still pretty sure it falls foul of the letter of the rules... except for NXL rules probably.

DK1

-=Squid=- Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DK1
    Depends on what you call a full trigger cycle. If you define a trigger cycle as, start at rest, pull to stop, return to rest, then it doesn't discharge 2 shots, just one. The rest is in the middle. The trigger doesn't do autoresponse. Your fingers are still responsible for every shot. Now, having said that, I'm still pretty sure it falls foul of the letter of the rules... except for NXL rules probably.

DK1
    And here comes Ian to make things more complicated...

DK1

I'm pretty sure that trigger cycle is defined as full rearward travel then full forward travel will result in only one shot.

ie. obviously pulling it fully back with fire the gun but letting it go fully forward (which would mean pressing the top of the trigger in this case) wont give you a second shot (which this one will).

I think the key word is "travel." Movement of the trigger through its full range of travel can only give you one shot. You can have as much over travel as you want (mechanical Spyder anyone? ) but only one shot can happen durring this movment/cycle.

Of course as I said, two micro switchs can easily be interprated as two triggers and that's obviously illegal.

now imagine if you had a Rt/X valve bounce on both triggers, one pushes on bounce to push the otherone to shoot which pushes back to reset while setting the other one off , Non stop Rt/X action!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheTramp
    I'm pretty sure that trigger cycle is defined as full rearward travel then full forward travel will result in only one shot.

ie. obviously pulling it fully back with fire the gun but letting it go fully forward (which would mean pressing the top of the trigger in this case) wont give you a second shot (which this one will).

I think the key word is "travel." Movement of the trigger through its full range of travel can only give you one shot. You can have as much over travel as you want (mechanical Spyder anyone? ) but only one shot can happen durring this movment/cycle.

Of course as I said, two micro switchs can easily be interprated as two triggers and that's obviously illegal.
    Sure, but that's what I'm getting at. I don't think this trigger violates the "spirit of the law." It won't autoreponse, wich I believe is the reasoning behind the wording of the rules. I mean, if you pull the trigger all the way back, and let go, you get one shot. Now, yes, the trigger can move in the other direction, but then you're pulling the trigger again.

I'm not saying the trigger *is* legal, because it's not. I'm saying it should be, and that the wording of the rule should be revised. This trigger is truly semi-auto.

DK1

PGI is a joke, im sorry. I cant recall something that they made that looked quality, or had a good thing going for it. As for this, Chuck hit the design completely in Tampa, if a chrono guy felt it the wrong way, youd be gone. Two microswitches=two triggers, thats how they interrperted it.
    2 da k da 2 Timmah.

Oh..it shoots da 620:1 .No problemo.

Sure, but that's what I'm getting at. I don't think this trigger violates the "spirit of the law." It won't autoreponse, wich I believe is the reasoning behind the wording of the rules. I mean, if you pull the trigger all the way back, and let go, you get one shot. Now, yes, the trigger can move in the other direction, but then you're pulling the trigger again.

DK1

The rule refers to the full limit of travel of the trigger per a single shot.It was intended purposely to encompass these types of triggers,other types that have various 'directions' of pulls as well as 'responce' triggers.

What this means is you start with the trigger at rest, pull to the extreme of it's travel till it stops and then return through the full range of travel in the return direction. In the case of this trigger,it will fire 2 shots and this is not legal.

Grab the bottom of the trigger and fan, getting the autoresponce effect. toss product by wayside. next.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker27
    Grab the bottom of the trigger and fan, getting the autoresponce effect. toss product by wayside. next.
    Hardly, do you realize how ineffective that would be in practice?

I still don't see any real problem posed by this trigger. Again, I realize it's against the rules, I just don't think it violates any of the principles the rules are there to protect.

DK1