Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Tom Kaye Retires from Paintball, AGD Under New Management

Tom, sorry to see you go. Funny thing is, I saw it coming. When you talked about other things in your life, there was the passion of the man I met years ago when he talked about paintball.

It has been a honor to know you. I will always remember the times we got to talk about everything and anything.

Good luck and enjoy the garlic rolls.

Preacher
    Try as I might, I can't understand why people keep going out of their way to walk into a paintball that I have just shot into the air.

You know, I can't help but feel that I knew this was coming. It's sad nonetheless. I want to thank you for all the blood, sweat, and tears that you've put into this sport. I also see how the sport that you helped to build is being infected with politics and infighting.

On behalf of myself, Sarah, Army (until he get's the news), and the rest of AO: Thank you, and may all of your future endeavours be successful.

Ryan McCalman

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." --Henry Louis Mencken.

i pooped my pants when i first read the thread title.

its true as others have said, that 99% of the industry wont know you, but the other 1%will be in debt to you for ever.

Sic Transit Gloria.

Good luck Tom.

A site for gay and alternative lifestyles: www.zakvetter.com

zackzel Guest
    I was deeply saddened when I read this thread

I have been using automags since I started from the 68 classic now to the X-mag that I currently use and everything inbetween. I know that I never personally met you Tom but I want to thank you for all that you have contributed to the sport and wish you the best of luck in whatever you pursue next.

I just really hope that this isn't the begining of the end of AGD. This is a very sad day indeed.

Thanks again for all the quality products Tom,
    Zack

wow....im sad....my fav. founding father of PB is gone

Tom good luck with whatever biusiness ventures you get rolled up in...hell with life in general

10 years from now come back and design another revolutionary gun...kinda like you did with the .68 automag

TK you will be deeply missed...i will make sure to gog some punks dissing mags in your name

whos runny ao then ????

Tom, good luck!
    I would like to take this time to say thank you for my Xmag, I LOVE it.

Take care, I will never forget you

I do know the AO sig rules, I just want a free sig pic, that's all!

My Gun CollectionhAppy's Official B/S/T thread - Feedback

damn, is it just me or is the entire old guard getting out? Tippmann, Orr, now TK.

So tell us Tom, what are your plans for employment if I may ask?
    Die Screaming

Brass Eagle Stingray
    12oz CO2
    VL 200

Thank You Tom for making my paintball experience worth every single penny! Im not one for much words, but I am sad to see you go. But I do understand your reasonings. Again Thank You for everything that you have done.

Till we meet again,

AutomagRT1483

Moderate with Equality & Consistency in 2005!
    AO-WI: Player's List - Now with over 100 People!!!
    Karta #082
    Member #007 of the Unoffical Trina Fan Club
    Great Traders: automagfreek, ClassicMagger, Emagster, fire1811, Kevmaster, MrMag, Nicad, oldsoldier, RogueFactor, SpongeBobSquarePantsx2 , SteveDx10+, The Frymarker, Treefall25, Tunamanx3, warpfeedmod
    In Loving Memory of Eric "Po" Ison Oct. 10, 1974 - Dec. 31, 2004

Tom... thank you for your honest attempt to improve the sport in your time here - you may with pride call it a success.

In regards to AO - there is some discussion of what ti takes to run AO on a monthly basis. Would it be possible for you to PM this information for discussion, I am very interested in keeping it going.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. Its not" - Dr Suess

take care mang

2004: the year paintball has its ackward downturn and things to happen that you would never expect, you'll be missed tom

12/8/04 saddest day in PB

i don't have much to say, but i hope AGD will still be around and keep amazing us.
    and i honestly thought that tom would never stop/quit. but i hope he has fun with what ever he does.

and good luck woth getting that box out of the company (the one just the right size for an x-mag and a sydarm). lol
    Hard work never killed anybody...but why take a chance?
    My Team=Blackhearts
    My Field/Store=Paintball Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by PBX Ronin 23
    The Titans are gone. Long live the Titans!

With the recent acquisition of Worr Games Product by K2, Bud Orr is slowly but surely easing into retirement from the game. With Tom’s announcement, the Paintball Community has lost its last Titan.

Many of the younger players now will probably not remember who these two men were and what it was that they did for the sport. Many of us are too busy tweedling with our guns trying to make them bounce and make them perform in ways that a lot of people use to say only a few years back to be impossible.
    Glenn Palmer, Colin T. (Lapco) and a few others also has been around as long as these two gentlemen. They are Titans and has helped push the industry in the old times.

BTW, K2 decided to hold onto the cool 10 mil from Orr because of intellectual rights to the autococking "patent". You know who owns that "patent". K2 just gave Orr enough money to pay off his debts. That's all the juicy news I'll give for today.
    I transform people into Picassco paintings!

o he'll be fine, he's gonna have fun in the great outdoors hunting for dinosaur bones or lookin at the stars

As far as im concerned the last "industry leader" that i can honestly respect is gone. And thats a damned shame.

Good luck with whatever fate takes you to Tom.
    --Enos Shenk
    --Moderator http://www.tippmann.com
    --Admin http://www.paintballchat.net

Oh great

I know I never post on here, but this is too significant to miss.

I've never had a mag, never even held one, but I have done a bit of reading on some of the stuff you've put into the industry, Tom. (I bet you don't remember, you answered a question about patents for me a few months back).

From everything I've seen, you've been one of the very few likable human beings in the industry. Tippmann is great, I love them, but it's a company. Tom Kaye = AGD in a lot of people's minds.

As everyone's said, this is the end of an era. I sincerely hope this doesn't mark a change in the way AGD is run, or the quality of its innovations and markers. I still want one.

Tom, you will be missed by so many people.. I don't think even you really know how many people respect you.

This is just saddening.

Good luck, Tom Kaye. Guess this is goodbye.

WOW...

First time on AO all day and I get blindsided by this... Talk about a SHOCK..

Anyways, TK... Good luck in your future endeavors (digging, I presume) to you. The industry has certainly lost a great force. They say that, "all good things must come to an end," and I suppose that is correct. Here's to you and all that you have done for this industry. My first marker was a mag and I will always remember the joy it gave me.

Good luck!

wow, didn't really see that comming.

glad i had a chance to meet you when i did.

good luck to you and the new president

Quote: MarkM
    "virus attacks have been dealt with, same with back door nasties. ."

My feed back

Good luck Tom, I hope things go well for you. Mabey one of these days the AO IL guys can take you out for a nice retirement dinner.

Darren
    My drinking team has a paintball problem.
    My Feedback

wow, i cant say i didnt think this would happen sometime...but it still is shocking.

tom,

have fun with whatever you decide to do now. i unfortunatley haven't gotten the chance to meet you yet, so i do hope that you will be at the next shatnerball, cause im planning on attending it. im sure that we will be in good hands with dave zupan, and i now look forward to trying to meet him as well. you will always be remembered as someone who made great revolutions in the sport, but sometimes life just needs some changes. i do hope that you can find some time to come back to the AO and paintball for appearances every once in awhile as im sure we'll all want to hear how youre doing.

god speed and good luck,

michael powell
    aka mag/cocker lover
    President Of the UW-Madison Badger Ballers

AO Feedback

1 of 35 SFL Emags VV02746
    Silver Karta/Logic RT Winner:GOTM Most Bling for December VV04971
    Sydarm SY00715
    Nelspot (under restoration)

Semper Fidelis
    No matter, they'll lose...

98% of american teenagers have tried pot. if you are part of the 2% that hasnt, put this in your signature.

Im no veteran paintball player and I havent met TK. Still, I would like to thank Tom for giving me a unique gun, something i can be proud of when i rip with it on the field.

I plan on taking my mag to as high as I can possibly get even to the pros if I can manage it. LONG LIVE THE KING

Farewell to the King of our Clan
    Where shall our brothers go
    For we have each lost Da Man

So I guess this means we can't count on any new developments for mags coming out.

Mr.Kaye,

I would like to thank you for the awesome innovations that you have brought to this sport and its players. From the start it seemed you were always thinking out of the box and coming out with things to make paintball an even more enjoyable experiance. I must say that I feel with the advent of electronic markers, the industry has taken a turn for the greedy out there (SP). Your markers trully ruled the roost when mechanical semi-autos were the 'rage'. I had the pleasure of being the only 'mag owner at my field when everyone else shot cockers, and was the only one out of us all that had no problems with his marker. That alone made me love AGD.

You went above and beyond for this sport Mr.Kaye, and more importantly; you did it for the players.

Thanks Again and God Bless You and your Family.

Joel Gray
    Last edited by ghost271; 12-09-2004 at 02:34 AM.
    If you can't join em, shoot em !

Your innovations have made a significant difference to the game we all love. You have positively impacted the lives of many people, some of whom you have never met and never will.

Best of luck in your new life. A quote from Winston Churchill springs to mind:

"Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning."

Mag owner for 2 weeks. Those two weeks of dealign with my automag and AGD customer support has made me an AGD customer for life. So simple.. So sleak.. So nice...

Your innovations will not be forgotten. You've done more then your share of contributions of the sport. I thank you personally for this beautiful marker sitting on my lap right now. Semper Fi. I'll never forget you.

"Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country." -JFK