Thread: AO's second team at IAO information thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post AO's second team at IAO information thread

Ok... it would seem that somehow I managed to end up volunteering to Captain a team for IAO owners group. I don't have a lot of information on it, so I'm going to try to make a list of what we need to know, and will fill it in as we go.

Team Name: Team AO simple.. Im open to other ideas

What: Owner's Group tournament at International Amateur Open

IAO website: http://www.teameffortevents.com/iao/

Owner's group website: http://www.theiao.com/

When: July 27th-29th

Wednesday:
    6:00 PM Captain’s Meeting – Comfort Inn, Mars, PA
    6:30 PM Meet & Greet Event – Lone Star Steakhouse, Mars, PA

Thursday:
    9:00 AM Preliminary Games Begin – Big Butler Fairgrounds
    12:00 PM Half Hour Lunch Break
    5:00 PM Preliminary Games Conclude
    8:00 PM Owners Group Dinner – Lone Star Steakhouse

Friday:
    9:00 AM Quarterfinals Begin – Big Butler Fairgrounds
    12:30 PM Semifinals Begin
    2:00 PM Finals Begin
    6:00 PM Block Party & Awards – Sheraton Hotel, Mars, PA

Where: Big Butler Fairgrounds, about an hour North of Pittsburg, PA
    Address: 1127 New Castle RD, Butler, PA

Skill level: Guys, I'm playing for fun, I hope you are to

How many games do we play 8 prelim games.

How much is paint, is it BYOP: The rumor stands $75 to $100 a case.

What format: Five Man

Prizes:
    The Owners Group Division is proud to announce a fantastic prize package for the 2005 Owners Group Division. To start, the sportsmanship award winners will receive Five brand new AKALMP Viking marker. But AKALMP didnt stop there, they are also sponsoring a new prize, the Sportsman of the OGD, this year with an AKALMP Excalibur, fully loaded. These are the markers everyone has been talking about. On the other side of the prizes, we will be awarding Airgun Designs Pro Classics, AGD's entry level marker, AKALMP Two Liter regulators, Palmer's Pursuit Stabilizers, and a player kit from Dye consisting of a mask and jersey. This entire prize package is valued at over $8,000.

Just a note, about 60% of the prizes are for sportmanship rather than competetive placing. Lets play nice folks

Where we are staying: Its sounding more and more like Cameo's house

Players: This is the list that I sent to Kevin for our players. I also included Guysdaman on the registration form - he had paid and then had to back out because of work issues and I refunded him his money - he is the only other eligible player now because he is the only one on the form. We are right at five guys here, and all of us have paid our share of the entry fee.

1) Robert Lohman (me) AO handle: Lohman446 email: Lohman446@aol.com Position: middle snake side Team Captain 26 years old from West Michigan Needs Hotel: Yes Entry fee: paid $100

2) Andrew Seltzer AO handle "AGDlover", E-mail AGDlover04@att.net Position: Front/Snake. 14 years old from Manhattan IL. Needs hotel: No Entry fee: paid $100

3) Dj West AO handle: dj89 Email: airgundesigns@gmail.com Position: Back snake side 16 years old from Fredonia , New York Needs Hotel: No Entry fee: paid $100

4) Zack Zelehoski AO handle: "zackzel", E-mail: zackzel@hotmail.com Position: middle non-snake side 19 years old from Slippery Rock so I will not be needing a hotel, and as I said if someone wants to crash here they are more then welcome too Entry fee = paid $100

5) Rob Barclay AO handle: Robbie Email: calvin1031@msn.com Position: back non-snake side 34 years old from Tom Rivers New Jersey Needs hotel: no Entry fee = paid $100
    Last edited by Lohman446; 07-08-2005 at 07:41 PM.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. Its not" - Dr Suess