Thread: Q-loader question: weight, balance, stability

Q-loader question: weight, balance, stability

I know there's been lots of Q-loader threads, my question is specifically about the sturdiness of the mounting bracket and the pod. It looks like a lot of weight to put on that mount, and it looks like the pod will wobble/shake more than a regular hopper if you were to run with it. Also, mounting it under or along the barrel looks like it would make the marker front-heavy.

It looks like mounting it along the marker might work for me if it is sturdy.

Does anyone have a Q on a Tac-One they could show me?

Can you be an active player and move around a lot with the Q, or is it a little bit fragile?

I have one on my RT ULE. It is not fragile at all. The mounting ring is strong. As long as you tighten it enough, it won't wiggle at all. I use to have it mounted along the gun like a warpfeed. I recently moved it to the front under the barrel. I find that it's more balanced and comfortable. It isn't front heavy since I have a unimount setup. The tank outweighs it.

Michigan- Yes, yes I can catch it with my butt... (I read that, in a book)
    strong as a rhino no problems here i play front and snake so im runnin all over with it
    http://www.directaffect.com/dev/jason/ao_states/images/ao_mi.gif

http://www.colorspaintball.com/

http://www.mayhemsports.net/

I won't lie - the gripframe mounting bracket can and will bend. I havn't broken mine but eventually it will bend enough to weaken the metal and break off. I've been using it for about eight months and there's some noticible bending/distortion.

Fortunatly, the whole system's got a guarantee, so if/when it does go, I'll send it back and get another bracket.

the accually metal ring you attach it to stuff with is hard as a rock, what i did was took some old pieces of rubber rings my dad has from bicycle stuff for some reason and put that in between so i can tighten it down so it doesnt move at all, and i made my own mount out of a warp plate that was steady when i used it it just didnt look to purty

I've got mine under a 16" barrel on my classic. It actually evens the weight out about perfect with a 68/3000 on the back. Real sturdy, extremely low profile. Even took a shot to the side of it. No probs here.

thanks

Thanks for the input.