Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pneumatic Trigger Frame v2.0 !!!!!!

Like the Phish said the parts list is at the begining of the thread.

As far as how I like it, I love it.

I was looking through the Clippard catalog and found a simple electro idea, a mouse valce instead the three way 9v battery connector (Radio Shack) and trigger switch from a timmy. no circut board to contend with. I was also looking at a "pulse" valve for a full auto ver.

No matter what ideas I come up with it all based on Phish's knowledge and his willingness to share that knowledge.

Thank You Phish

Sarge40

first off i have to say nice job phish but iu have 2 questions:

1. is there any difference between performanceof the CLIPPARD SMAV-3 or FABCO MSV-1

2. is there any modding to the sear tyhat needs to be done cause that is the only real thing that worries me about this

thanks
    nick

Quote Originally Posted by hacker947
    first off i have to say nice job phish but iu have 2 questions:

1. is there any difference between performanceof the CLIPPARD SMAV-3 or FABCO MSV-1

2. is there any modding to the sear tyhat needs to be done cause that is the only real thing that worries me about this

thanks
    nick
    1. Clippard part is smaller in size, but Fabco is a MUCH shorter AND lighter actuation force requirement...i feel that the Fabco part can bring this mod closer (not exactly) to DeadlyWinds hAir trigger if you set it up right.....

2. no modding of the sear is required, just take off the actuation rod/pin clevis thingy.....thats what makes this mod good, if you mess up, you can always go back to your original setup....the only downside if you mess up is you'll be out a few bucks.......

Question Using a Chimera or Logic VM

what would be the better choice.

I have a question.. What would eb the advantage of attaching a QEV to the actuator as opposed to usign a barb?

"Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country." -JFK

how does this compare with a electro spyder for pull? A timmy?
    I know there must be a way with a lighter activation and I will keep my eyes open for a good one. If we could get this to be around the DW trigger we would be rocking. Also out of everyone who has made it do you think it is walkable in a game?

Its way lighter then an electro spyder, but not capped. With the right parts, you can be looking at 20bps easy.

ITs most definetly walkable in a game.

If the piston is tuned correctly, and the set screw for the sear is set correctly, you can be looking at a 1mm pull.

alpha: my thing with the QEV attached to the actuator is the air in the actuator travels LESS of a distance to be exhuated with minimal restriction, thus the actuator can cycle faster.....

ceasar: is it walkable,...yes it is.....if you see the thread on the first version, i have videos and sound bits that prove it.......i can get the trigger travel to less than 1mm....but it starts acting funny.....i leave that challenge up to the AO community...

Even with pull as little as 1mm, just how light is it? I think that is the kind of comparison people are looking for (if not then its just me).......

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowGuy
    Even with pull as little as 1mm, just how light is it? I think that is the kind of comparison people are looking for (if not then its just me).......
    MUCH lighter than a ULT but not as light as an electro......in version 2.0...if i would have put the MSV-1 up near where the saftey goes...OH MAN...it would be VERY light...but you trade lightness with trigger pull distance...in my first version...i have a very light trigger pull but not a short trigger pull distance.......see the delema.....unfortunately i don't have the resources nor the time anymore to research and discover the optimum placement of the 3-way......good luck

I have my MSV-1 mounted a 1/4 inch down from the pivot point on the trigger. I have recently shot a 04 shocker with a nice trigger job. I think mine mag was very close to what that shocker was. I also compared it to a Dragon Empire TES. The TES was noticeably heaver than the mag!!! HOPE THIS HELPS

Come all without, come all within, You'll not see nothing like the mighty Quinn
    Do you think you could mount the micro rock in an emag battery pack?

I am planning on drilling a new hole for my micro rock out the front of that block you attatch a gassthru to. If I do that or if someone put a microrock in a battery pack I think you may be able to run the microline through your rail if you drilled or milled it.

No it won't fit! You could try to dremel it down on the inside but it'll get pretty slim.

Sean

AGD Did someone call me?

You should go to each gun manufacturers forum or call them up. Ask the OWNER of the company why his gun is better. When you get your answers come back here and tell us what they said.

You should buy my gun because I have 5000 posts that say I care.

AGD
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by phishphen
    MUCH lighter than a ULT but not as light as an electro......in version 2.0...if i would have put the MSV-1 up near where the saftey goes...OH MAN...it would be VERY light...but you trade lightness with trigger pull distance...in my first version...i have a very light trigger pull but not a short trigger pull distance.......see the delema.....unfortunately i don't have the resources nor the time anymore to research and discover the optimum placement of the 3-way......good luck
    Gotcha..... would you happen to have any comparison pics of where you would mount it for long distance and light pull with a second picture of short distance and heavy pull?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowGuy
    Gotcha..... would you happen to have any comparison pics of where you would mount it for long distance and light pull with a second picture of short distance and heavy pull?

Thanks

just study the pictures i have posted in the beginning of the thread and in the first pnumatic trigger thread i started......ver2.0 is short distance and heavy pull.....ver1.0 is long distance and light pull....a picture is worth a thousand words and when you start looking at every detail in the picture, you can get alot of information from it.....good luck

i have a ? I was thinking of doing his mod, but i was wondering is this tourney legal?

It is as long as you dont have a BPS limit and even then you just cant shoot faster than a certain number. For instance if you play a tourny with a 15 bps limit I would imagine it is just going to be up to you to limit your speed and if a ref pulls you there is not much you can do. But logically this gun would be affected by tourny rules just as a mechanical cocker would be or a classic mag.

**Edit**

One more thing, It is possible to set this up so It goes full auto. That would probably not be allowed.

So

higher = lighter
    lower = shorter

So if you find the middle of the pivot point, that would be the lightest.

The higher the MSV-1 is, the more room you have for the LPC.

If you put the LPS along the vertical side of the chimera, you sill have about a half inch of clearance fromt he intellifeed bracket.

I think I should mention this.. When tapping the MPA-3 for the QEV, do it AS FAR BACK AS POSSIBLE. IF you don't the actuator will not be in a seated position.

When you screw in the QEV, the QUEV will get in teh way, and the pistol will stick out too much.

i was thinking about this mod and instead of butchering up the front of your frame why not drill and tap a hole in the front so that after you cut it off you could put it back together with a screw. Tell me if yall get what im saying sounds good to me

I will not and refuse to cut my trigger guard off. What I'll end up doing instead is get a longer bit, and drill through the trigger guard, and then through the part of the frame.

although there lies a problem you cant get that small of a drill bit that is that long just to fragile

I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

I believe that there are 90 degree adapters for a dremel that when connected with a sawed down drill bit should do the job, I have measused it to the the trigger gaurd on an intelli but not a vert frame. The thing is my 90 degree is not a dremel product and I got it from my dad so I have no way of finding out where it came from.

I did it today.. I went right through the trigger guard, and into the face of the trigger. Didn't even have to cut it off.

If this works out, I might do another one on a raw chimera, then have it annoed after I've modded it.

Expect an even more detailed walkthrough on www.TheAlphaMag.com soon!

I have just finished my pneumag and it is not behaving properly, I think it is shortstroking.
    If you have any ideas/souloutions or if you think there may be a different reason for the symptoms please let me know. there is a small amount of room between the actuator and sear (2 mm) and I am using a clippard 3way.

-Rapid fire sound
    -Bolt gets stuck in the forward position occasionally
    -Leaks down the barrel when fired
    -the sear doesnt always return to it's proper position

Also aside from that little problem THIS MOD ROCKS

Quote Originally Posted by 1337caesar
    I have just finished my pneumag and it is not behaving properly, I think it is shortstroking.
    If you have any ideas/souloutions or if you think there may be a different reason for the symptoms please let me know. there is a small amount of room between the actuator and sear (2 mm) and I am using a clippard 3way.

-Rapid fire sound
    -Bolt gets stuck in the forward position occasionally
    -Leaks down the barrel when fired
    -the sear doesnt always return to it's proper position

Also aside from that little problem THIS MOD ROCKS
    make sure you have enought pressure going to the actuator......does it fire properly when pulling the trigger only once?......the actuator may need to be broken in a little.....just keep firing it and playin around wit it....

Thanks I shot 2 tanks of air thru it and it started working properly. I also measured the trigger pull at 6.9 ounces with the clippard 3way (spring removed) and the travel was at 1 mm

Quote Originally Posted by 1337caesar
    Thanks I shot 2 tanks of air thru it and it started working properly. I also measured the trigger pull at 6.9 ounces with the clippard 3way (spring removed) and the travel was at 1 mm

ooo....6.9 oz , very nice.....and the clippard 3way is much heaveir than the fabco 3way......so the potential for lighter is there......