Thread: "hiss" on a RT Pro with Stock On/Off

"hiss" on a RT Pro with Stock On/Off

Hi have an RT-pro, with the X-valve, LVL10 settled in (shooted more than 10k balls with this, just oiling it up now) and Centerflag Dynaflow 201, working at 700-750 with the ULT Trigger, 850-900 with the Stock On/Off.

I usually play with the ULT Trigger kit, but today I opted to play with the stock on/off (The reactive one).

When I went to do the chrono procedure (Hold trigger back, then quickly release and fire again, holding trigger back), after I shoot my first chronoed ball, and while I was holding the trigger back i could hear, for about 2 seconds, a very faint hissing sound. It seems to come from the hole that feeds the air from the back part of the X-Valve through the on/off and into the front part of the valve, this is not a leak, its more like it recharges 90% of the chamber quickly and the rest takes about two seconds to go through.

Chrono speeds were all stable, although if I didn't do the standard RT Procedure, it would be a little lower, about 10 fps less. I tried back with the ULT trigger just to narrow in, and this didn't happen, so i figure it must be something within the stock on/off, the problem is it is pretty unused(just some test-shots), so all the O-rings look as new.

I think I have my Valve clean, i did maintence to it recently, did only 3 games after that. I guess this takes out some Valve issues, like dirt or bad seat or O-rings.

I have a few more doubts, but I don't want to make this post even longer than it's getting I'll go on with any suggestions/ideas you guys might have.

Sergio Santos

To add up...

I bought the X-Valve (#VV006337) in March directly from AGD, it came with a sheet of paper with two diagrams, and these diagrams both show only ONE O-ring in the ON/OFF top part. The X-valve doesn't have the cavity according to the diagram, just one cavity not wide nor deep enough to fit the o-ring.

I did think the diagram was about the earlier RT valve, so I ignored it and kept both O-rings one inside the other, much like we used to do with the classic valve. Besides, as per instructions on the ULT Trigger, it requires us to remove both o-rings on the X-Valves on/offs.

Maybe I have a newer batch X-Valve supposed to have only one o-ring with the standard on/off? I really never managed to get this shooting fine, much less having good reactivity, it reacts slow, it's slow to push the trigger forward everytime I shoot.

Now i got it better, it reacts fast (at 1000 psi), but still i can't get bounce/sweetspot effect. I still have the old minimag mainbody... May the body influence this? I'm waiting for the ULE one to test.

With the stock on-off, you need two o-rings above the on-off top. You need the small retro on-off top o-ring and the larger top o-ring to hold it in place. It is the same as the standard valve. It is the same o-ring as the level 7 powertube o-ring.

You may not be able to "sweetspot" the valve. Sweetspotting usually involves a bit of wear on the parts to get it to work properly and is not a prefered method of operation.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Pennsylvania, YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    the hiss when holding the trigger is normal. nothing to be worried about.
    68 Classic CF59529
    RTULEPRO VV05455