Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: !!Tinymag!!~Start To Finish~!HOW TO!

Arrow !!Tinymag!!~Start To Finish~!HOW TO!

Okay folks, here is the marker i have Dubbed the "Phantomag" aka Tinymag. Ill get some better pictures outside this weekend. Ive been working on it for the last few months to half a year. Im about to tell you exactly how to make a Phantomag, where i bought the products, and what proccess I took to make the design of the Phantomag. Here we go for those who are interested. Feel free to tell me what you think of my mag or ask as many questions as you want. I tried as best i could to explain through text but i will gladly entertain calls or emails or pms or posts aswell. Feel free to ask away. And besure to tell me what you think of mine

LIST OF PARTS AND WHERE TO BUY
    NON ULE 05 Polished Karta Rail - Colin at Deadly Winds http://www.deadlywind.com/contact.html
    ULE Body- AO I got mine from Tunaman
    Classic Valve W/LV7- AO
    Delta 68 Magazine-BUY IT HERE
    CP Barrel (Bore size is yoru preference)- AO Ebay I got mine From Mad-Medic
    RT Sear and Pin- BUY SEAR HERE BUY PIN HERE
    Intelli Frame- AO I got mine from Mad-Medic
    15* ASA W/Flat Top- www.themagsmith.com
    12 Gram Quick Changer- Ebay AO Walmart
    Macro Line And 90* Elbows- AO or Local Shop

TOOL I USED AND FOUND HELPFULL
    Jewlers Jaw
    Hack Saw
    Files From Rough To Smooth
    Wielding Equipment (replacement JBweld/Alumiweld)
    Sandpaper Grain 250 to 800 and everything in between
    Steel Wool Rough To Ultrafine
    Polishing compound Polishing Wheel
    Ruler

PROCCESS There are alternative ways to do these this is just how I did it.

1.Cutting Karta Rail To remove excess rail after 12 gram is aplied in a reverse fasion.
    a.Put marker together aside from the asa and 12g. Put those together seperatly.
    b.Aline the asa w/12g on the rail just eyeballing it and palcing it so that the 12g rests 3mm away from the intelli trigger frame.
    c.Mark, with sharpie on the rail, where the front of the asa lines up with the rail. This is the excess portion of the rail that needs to be cut off, it shoudl be a about a half inch.
    d. Use a hack saw to cut along the mark you made. Make sure not to cut to far you can always slowly file away excess.
    e.File the corners to make it rounded edges to match the curve of the asa.
    f. Sand from rough to fine and polish with steel wool and then a polishing wheel with compound.

2.Counter sinking hole into rail for the asa to attach to rail,
    a.Measure the radius of the asa in mm.
    b.Place a dot in sharpie, on the inside of the rail from the front down, the distance of the radius of the ASA and add 1mm. This should give you alittle space from the front of the rail and allow room for the 12g not to hit the trigger frame.
    c.Drill a hole through the rail that is just big enough for the threads to fit through.
    d.Now you are going to counter sink a hole about 3/4 way through the rail from top of the rail almost to the bottom, this should be just larger then the diameter or the head of the screw for the asa, so it will catch and pull tight to the rail.

3.Cutting Body To Length of rail
    a.Attach the rail to the ule body and draw a line on body on a slight angle that corisponds with the front of the rail.
    b.Cut along line with a jewlers saw, hack saw can be used aswell.
    c.File smooth and sand and polish.

4.Milling Body for magazine attachment
    a.Remove feedneck by heating and using a vice. The feedneck can be scratched since you will be not using it.
    THIS IS THE TEDIOUS PORTION OF THE PROJECT, MAY TAKE A LONG TIME
    b.File and Grind the feedneck supports off the body, so the body is a perfect cylinder.
    c.Sand and Polish usuing previous process

5.Attaching Magazine
    VERY IMPORTANT Make sure you keep the magazine and feedneck port alined perfecly so the balls will flow through.
    a.Remove all screws and additional items on the feedtube before attaching to body.
    b. Have a local shop TIG weld it if you dont have the equipment to Tig Weld Yourself.
    c.I did not try this but was todl that this may work. Alumiweld whiich is available at your local hardware store will bond the two pieces together if there surfaces are rough, this is the same with jb weld. Though it will not take anodizing.

6.Cutting The Barrel To Match Length Of Feedtube
    a.Put marker together.
    b.Screw in barrel hand tight, and mark on the barrel where it is the exact length of the feedtube after applied to body.
    c.Cut with a hack saw.
    d.File it even if not perfectly strait.
    e.Sand And Polish

7. Send out for Ano,Duracoat, or Powdercoat
    Unfortunatly due to the extreme heat on the body the ano may not look good. This is why you might want to consider sending the body our for Powdercoating or Duacoating.

Well Once again feel free to ask as many questions as you want, sorry if my instructions arnt as clear as you need but post if you think i can make it better or post if you have any questions. I will accept phone calls if you need that too im a pretty nice guy most of the time Ohh and tell me what you think of mine!
    Last edited by Phantom_Mag; 10-28-2005 at 10:19 AM.

Wow...thats just sick....Defineately on the top of the list for my next project!

Is there any way to remove the magazine like on the actualy delta...? Or do you just pull the pf plug and drop in paint? Would there be any way to make it so you can switch out the magazine intstead of stopping to reload?

Very nice job
    Last edited by neppo1345; 10-26-2005 at 12:37 PM.

Nice write up. Whats the approx build cost?

That things just begging for a pump kit

LOL PARTS ARE EXPENSIVE, I didnt choose any cheap part. I calculated for the average buyer around $400 in parts. If they bought every piece seperate.

I thought long and hard on how i would be able to make the magazine able to just snap off and put a new one one. It just wants in my capabilities. And yes sure it could be done, i just didnt, it actually doesnt take long to reload this at all. A few seconds once you get teh hang of it, just about as long as it would take to take off a magazine grab a new one and snap that one back on.
    Last edited by Phantom_Mag; 10-27-2005 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Big'n slo
    That things just begging for a pump kit
    co-sign

how many shots do you get off the 12 gram? btw it looks awsome, you just need a pump kit
    -Jr/High school paintball coach

It gets abotu 22 with LX and Almost 30 with LV7

You say to use a classic valve, but your picture shows a xvalve. How does the xvalve opporate on CO2?

Mike

I already have trademark, copyright, intellectual property, patent pending on the name phantommag. My attorneys will come to your house and smack your dog if you continue to use this name. Thanks

my feedback
    countdown on devilmag day........ill let you now

Check our Join dates, whos got it patended now, OWNED. Haha, I got you by about a year and a half. "Phantomag" IT IS. '
    Thanks All.
    Ohh and yes i use a classic valve on her i just put that one in for looks, but did you know it works with the x too hummm insteresting.

nice work! you could use a CO2 3.5oz to get more shots but it would make your setup look a little less sexy.

Bravo!

What does join date have to do with it, my phantommag was made over a year before yours.

Nice gun though, I always wanted one of those old fangled mechanical stock class markers. Where do you put the batteries in though
    Last edited by phantomhitman; 10-26-2005 at 05:02 PM.

hahahaha, your such a newbie phantom.

> QUIKFLASH.COM
    JOIN THE NINTENDO FUN CLUB TODAY MAC!

Automaggot68 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by quik
    hahahaha, your such a newbie phantom.
    He also ruined a perfectly good Dallara.
    el oh el noob.

Sick mag, glad I could help with the sight rail!

Ups for one of the nicest stock class guns, if not the nicest, I've seen.

haha mike you rock only you would come up with something like that now you need to make another one and rock out with dual phantomags keep up the good work

You know, speaking of powdercoating, if anybody wants theirs done I might be doing a little in a short while. Would be pretty cheap, barrels would be a little more cause of all the porting, in which case I might not be able to do. But nonported or very little ported barrels, yes, I can do
    AIM-bertmcmahan
    My email:bertmcmahan@hotmail.com
    My feedback thread
    Good traders: richie,Roguefactor,moufo48,845,brtncstm160,vf-xx

Mags don't shoot darts... they shoot nails.
    I used to be bertmcmahan, that I did.

Automaggot68 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by etnie002
    Sick mag, glad I could help with the sight rail!

Ups for one of the nicest stock class guns, if not the nicest, I've seen.
    It's not a stockclass marker at all.
    it's semi, and the feedtube is forcefed.

stock class is
    the feedtube directly horizontal to the body, Check
    12 gram no ca - Check
    Pump - No...

So what do you call it? Not pump, not stock class,...But a "10 round tubed 12 g mag" just sounds weird...

Co2 and the xvalve? Is the xvalve in just for the pictures? Or do you figure you shoot so little it doesn't matter...

So what do you call it? Not pump, not stock class,...But a "10 round tubed 12 g mag" just sounds weird...
    Its a Phantomag

And yes i can use the xvalve it does work, but really its only on for looks, I use my Classic valve

Automaggot68 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Maggot6
    stock class is
    12 gram no ca - Check
    Pump - No...

Co2 and the xvalve? Is the xvalve in just for the pictures? Or do you figure you shoot so little it doesn't matter...

No, Stock class is NOT solely the feed tube being parallel to the body. It also must be rocked forward or backward to chamber a ball.

It would actually be called modified stock class

Oh and its also possible to make a tinymag(although a little different) for a lot less, however it won't look as nice as phantoms . I'm working on mine right now, and mine is more of a budget based tinymag...if anyone wants to know how just PM since i don't want to completely hijack PHantommag's thread.

Also i like that you finally made it all (well almost all) one color

thats very cool indeed.

woulda loved a gun like that when we used to do night games with pumps/pgp's and didn't need alot of air or ammo. very nice job on the work and the play by play explanation.

cheerz,

-kw

Automaggot68 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by etjoyride
    It would actually be called modified stock class

No, it wouldn't be.
    Modified stockclass uses Hoppers and constant Air.

latches109 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Maggot6
    stock class is
    12 gram no ca - Check
    Pump - No...

stock has no more than 20 balls that must be parallel to the barrel for the "Rock and Cock" or 10 vertical.
    12g co2.
    pump action.

that is force feed and not a pump_> so it's not stock class. it's a semi-auto "pistol"
    nice gun!

Automaggot68 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by latches109
    stock has no more than 20 balls that must be parallel to the barrel for the "Rock and Cock" or 10 vertical.
    12g co2.
    pump action.

that is force feed and not a pump_> so it's not stock class. it's a semi-auto "pistol"
    nice gun!

FINALLY.
    Someone who KNOWS something.

very nice. How much to make?
    DOH! edit...
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom_Mag
    LOL PARTS ARE EXPENSIVE, I didnt choose any cheap part. I calculated for the average buyer around $400 in parts..
    Last edited by tae; 10-27-2005 at 11:21 AM.

Perfect except for the 12g placement. In order to make it a holsterable pistol, I'd run the 12g along the side of the body with the ASA directly going into the side of the valve. You'd just need a 1/8" male to male fitting between the port in the side of the valve and the npt port in the ASA. Try it!

HA you got me with a few here.
    First i can take out the force fed spring making it rock and cock but no it ill not be a pump.
    Second best thing about the mag its highly versitile. I have holes drilled where i can set up the 12g parallel with the barrel and feedtube with an asa mount and a single DYE trigger frame. SO many options. But the way it is set up, its the Phantomag.

Automaggot68 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom_Mag
    HA you got me with a few here.
    First i can take out the force fed spring making it rock and cock but no it ill not be a pump.
    Second best thing about the mag its highly versitile. I have holes drilled where i can set up the 12g parallel with the barrel and feedtube with an asa mount and a single DYE trigger frame. SO many options. But the way it is set up, its the Phantomag.
    Either way, I like it and i think you did a good job.
    I was just trying to get on the people who didn't know(and argued the point), not you