Thread: Any golfers out there....?

Any golfers out there....?

ok. here is the problem, i am on the golf team at my high school, and i need to buy new clubs, and golf is just expensive anyway, how should i do this and still play paintball? (and get a job is obvious, but is there a way to balance?) just wondering if anyone else here is an avid golfer.

Uhh... the same way anybody balances competitive costs in their life? Prioritize, decide what's most important and most necessary to you. Get a job, or another job, if you've got the time and want additional income. I don't think you're going to find a magical money well to get you through these troubling paintgolfball times.
    Calling all Virginia, Maryland, North Carolina, and other east coast AOers...

AO Mid-Atlantic Meet (planning stages)

Let us know what dates and locations work for you!!

I've had good luck with used clubs in the past. I purchased some nice clubs from one of my grandfathers friends for much less than I would have paid new. Some of the old guys have the cash to buy a new set of pings every year...

I wish I had played golf in High School. I just worked 3 jobs making money. As I look back in retrospect, "I can't remember what for?" Missed out on alot of good stuff working all the time. I got into golf just a few years ago and love it. In many ways I find it more fun than paintball, but I play more paintball. I'd try to balance things out some, but even now in my 30's it never seems to end up that way. I hope to be able to golf a little more this year, but that has yet to be seen. If I was you I try the used market for good clubs and paintball when ever I could. Don't cheat yourself out of the high school activities as I did. High school is a few short years make the most of it while you can...

I usually stop playing one sport to play the other. Right now is good paintball weather for me but come summer time when the heat sets in, i put away my paintball gear and pick up my golf clubs. It's much easier for me to ride in a golf cart than to run from bunker to bunker in 90 degree heat. But to get back to the point....if money is an issue then you're going to have to stick w/ either paintball or golf.

Well leave it to me to pick the three most expensive sports in existence just to have fun with my buds…
    Paintball, Horse Showing (jumping), and golf. What can I say; the weather here is so nice it is a crime to be indoors for too long.

Today alone, I started of the day with some practice at the chipping green and driving range, went to physics class, got my air tanks filled and put my Maxflo reg up for sale, then I topped it all off with an evening trail ride. Damn I had a good day, if I may say so myself.

As for me, I had really good luck at Costco. I got a Jack Nicklaus set for $375. Came with a nice Ti driver, 3 and 5 fairway woods, 3 and 4 hybrids, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 irons pitching wedge, putter, and a bag. They are fine to start with. No one I know has gone out and got a complete high end set at one time.

Pace yourself, and get what you want one club at a time.

The only one I have splurged on so far, because my set did not have one, is a nice Callaway lob wedge (a hair over $100). Eventually in a few years I will have a full bag of Callaway’s but until then, what I have is more than fine.
    Good luck with the team!

$600 should get you a nice full set from ebay. Or hit garage sales in nicer home developments.

i bought a new callaway driver and a forged callaway wedge Forged +, and i have tommy armour irons (a set from before they got bought out) and i am looking for new irons, i have been looking at pings and callaways (used pings) but i am not sure, i feel kind of like i have betrayed the sport of paintball though because i am not interested in it at all right now, and im not real sure why. whatever, maybe i will just sell all my stuff and golf.

If I had to choose one or the other period,"I'd golf". I find it to be less money to have a good time. Not that golf is cheap, but I have thousands invested into paintball, Spend 150 or so at practice and for what a trophy maybe some cash if I win. Golf I'm not rushed stressed or otherwise demanded upon. Another important thing is at paintball how often do you see a pretty gal at the field? Golf I'm usually surrounded. Better chance in meeting someone on the golf coarse than a paintball field. Of coarse Since I'm getting up in age there is always single moms dropping the kiddies off.

My cousin also plays golf for his high school golf team and I think he uses cougars he really like them and he also uses Callahue driver (Probably killed that name). I bought a set of cougars but haven't had a change to use them yet. The look like good quality clubs for the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_automag_07
    ok. here is the problem, i am on the golf team at my high school, and i need to buy new clubs, and golf is just expensive anyway, how should i do this and still play paintball? (and get a job is obvious, but is there a way to balance?) just wondering if anyone else here is an avid golfer.
    Buy, used clubs, I did that and have the best set of clubs on the team and just got an automag. Just don't go for the real expensive new stuff, when a used club hits just as good. My phrase for golf balls and paintballs.

"Once your good with them, you don't use as many"

P.S. They are Ping i3's and I picked up the hole shabang for $250.

i3's are nice....where did you buy them from?
    thats really cheap..i am looking to spend around 600 for irons prolly steel shafts and 3-sw maybe...i dunno, i can get pings, but i am quite fond of the callaway big bertha irons and the x-18's. i'll prolly get i5's or used fusions, or new x-18's. and considering i only have around 200 right now i should be able to figure it out by the time i have enough money to buy them.

Actually I golf and paintball quite a bit during the summer... I golf when I feel like relaxing and paintball when I want to let out some aggression.

As far as what clubs go, I would suggest trying out the clubs before getting them. My local golf course lets me try out different golf clubs before I buy. Last year I picked up a set of Nike Slingshot Irons and 2 CPRs and I just picked up a Taylor Made R7 driver this year... Next year I plan on picking up new fairway woods...
    CLICK TO AIM ME!!!

"If you can't stand the RAGE, get the hell out of the CAGE"

WWW.PAINTBALLER187.COM <- For all you trading needs!

http://callawaygolfpreowned.com/

Probably the best deal on used Calloways by far. Always new grips and warranty.

I've been playing x-14s pros since back when they were new. Golf is just as bad as Paintball...it's not the clubs its the clubber.

Besides super oversize drivers (which I can't stand , truly only offer a marginal benefit in sweet spot and noticably slow down your swing speed costing most people distance...btw) there is little or no benefit to 'new' technology.

Don't fall for the hype ! !

Pros play what they are payed to play , 'we' play what we can afford. In the end , I 've NEVER lost a match to a lessor golfer with more expensive clubs...it just doesn't happen.

I've hit everything there is to hit , this IS Florida....there are more Golf reps down here than there are Gators. I was at the BayHill last week , you had to swat them away like flies. Did get a ton a free cool suff tho

I did like alot of clubs but other than feel and preferance at address there really all the same weapon.

Oh...

X-14 Pro Irons (steel)
    Cleveland Forged Wedges
    415 BB Drivers (1-3)
    Carbite Putter (Proto given to me a long time ago,just something about it that works for me)

Incase you were wondering.
    Logic Paintball Forums
    My A O Feedback Here
    Other Feedback Here
    If I've Been Any help
    Please Leave Some.

im a big fan of the x-18s and i found a set that was used for one season for 400 dollars so i'll probably pick those up, and maybe a couple fairway woods. i have a new callaway big bertha driver 9 degree. and i think i will bu a 3 wood big bertha and a maybe a five wood by cleveland. i need to buy a new putter too. im in for a big stretch of being broke after i buy them.