Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ~*Smart Parts Lowers Prices*~

Chaos_Theory! Guest

~*Smart Parts Lowers Prices*~

Check it out, pretty cool imo. This should help bering prices down on some guns so companies can compete.

They are selling even lower than SP is advertising at places online.

http://smartparts.com/Home.aspx?Country=US&

Last edited by Chaos_Theory!; 04-01-2006 at 11:39 AM.

I'm seeing

Ion-224
    Shocker-650
    Impules-275
    Nerve-475

I really don't know if that is cheaper than usual. But again it should kill the selling of used guns.
    Last edited by buzzboy; 04-01-2006 at 08:01 PM.

^^^

Thats what i see t, and tha tis cheaper. just 2-3 days ago i saw on an online PB store ions for 249 and i tohught that was cheap....vision shockers were i itnhk 700 so everything is going down...hmm mwhat does this mean???

Quote Originally Posted by etjoyride
    hmm mwhat does this mean???
    It means that SP has launched its global domination operation.
    "Otaeri wa doko desu ka?"
    ------------
    --Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
    ------------
    Think you're ready, Grasshopper?
    www.ohioshaolin.com

Chaos_Theory! Guest
    Some places are selling them less than what is on the site.

Check out actionvillage, ions are going for $199.
    Last edited by Chaos_Theory!; 04-01-2006 at 11:38 AM.

Along with the cheaper body kit promo on the Ions.

yeah i just got that email this morning about AV selling ions for 199.

i bet the F/S/T forums are loving Smart Parts...

"Hey Kids, It's Time For The Mr. Bill Show!!!"

Check paintball news on PBNation.

It also tells about the Dye, SP, WDP agreement for SP to share "it's" electronic trigger patent, Dye to share it's spool bolt design, and WDP to share its programmable electronics. All as an agreement to avoid fees from SP I believe...but read the press release yourself to make sure, theres more info in that.

I think these two are related in one way or another...
    Damn you smart parts, you are just too much of the unfriendly aggresive business man.

The drop of prices on the ion are due to some new goodies that S.P. will be putting out.

EDITED

It's easy to patent everything when your dads a patent attorney...

The gardeners were just smart...
    Last edited by neppo1345; 04-01-2006 at 03:02 PM.

omg that how much it cost through my sponsos...now its gunna be like tippy cheap !

The question is, why are they selling that cheap? It's not like Smart Parts had any trouble moving Ions when they were $300 a piece, so why reduce the price? Are they trying to make sure that the price of any other company's markers just isn't worth it, and, once they've squeezed the other companies out of buisiness and gotten a monopoly, their prices will go back up? Is Smart Parts the only future for paintball? Discuss.

What I dont understand is the DYE, WDP, and SP thing said above. Last I read didnt SP try taking WDP to court and lost pretty badly?

Here's the full story on the deal in this thread:

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1477225

Quote Originally Posted by ThisStarNeverFalls
    What I dont understand is the DYE, WDP, and SP thing said above. Last I read didnt SP try taking WDP to court and lost pretty badly?

because court was not over, neither SP or WDP won that (they were basically told they were both owners of hte patents from what I understand). If they quit fighting each other and control that patent, with Dye, it has ot make a lot of people nervous. They have basically shut down the game. Either deal with the three of them or don't produce an electronic marker.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. Its not" - Dr Suess

***My consperecy theory***

yeah the only reason i see for smart parts to lower prices like that is to force other companies to lose money and get them into a point where they either go out of buisness or get bought up in mergers. The patent thing is to get the companies on good terms for a merger. We know that thier not doing it to make more profits becasue they were moving guns as it was. We know that its not to benifit the pb comunity because thats just not smartparts thing.

And the upshot of all this is that
    #1 if there is to be a merger then prices of all high end guns will go down or up drastically or eventually.

#2 it will be even harder for new companies to start up and therefor there will be even less inovation.

***and that was my conspiricy thoery***

This just like the fall of the sport makes me sit back every day and just wish things were like they were in the old days, kind of like AO. The game used to be played for the love of the game, not the fashion show...companies used to give a damn about the sport and the players...now I sit back and watch the paintball world crumble....as sad as it is I can honestly say that the fashion show and BS from companies made me not want to play at all anymore..

Quote Originally Posted by ThisStarNeverFalls
    This just like the fall of the sport makes me sit back every day and just wish things were like they were in the old days, kind of like AO. The game used to be played for the love of the game, not the fashion show...companies used to give a damn about the sport and the players...now I sit back and watch the paintball world crumble....as sad as it is I can honestly say that the fashion show and BS from companies made me not want to play at all anymore..
    So.. how is a company lowering prices causing the sport to crumble again?

So, is the sky falling yet or what?
    God....I guess I was probably returning videotapes.

Quote Originally Posted by SCpoloRicker
    So, is the sky falling yet or what?

I forgot we were on AO and we need to use the standard fill in the blank form

OMG can you beleive Smart Parts __________lowered prices___________ They are EVIL, not in the good PMI EVIL way, like in the bad evil. They are surely trying to ruin paintball with this most recent move. They even caused the incidents surrounding the PSP event in Texas. Its all Smart Parts fault.

*** Now to be devils advicate***

they are a buisness minded company thats jsut trying to make a profit and protect thier ideas

btw isnt it like that on any forum other than smartparts ones?

Quote Originally Posted by Lohman446
    So.. how is a company lowering prices causing the sport to crumble again?
    They're undercutting other companies, and maybe taking a loss to make sure no other companies sell markers. Of course, if they raised prices I'd call it gross profiteering. I don't necessarily believe any of this, it's just fun to stir **** up and get some discussion going.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePixelGuru
    They're undercutting other companies, and maybe taking a loss to make sure no other companies sell markers. Of course, if they raised prices I'd call it gross profiteering. I don't necessarily believe any of this, it's just fun to stir **** up and get some discussion going.

You honestly think they are loosing money on anything there? The Ion gives them a high volume low cost Shocker, the Shocker gives them a high price lower volume Ion. The Nerve, at this point I think they are just recupping R&D and advertising prices on it. SP is not loosing money at those prices.

Wow Loh...that fits just about every situation to a tee.

OMG can you beleive Smart Parts __________patented something?___________ They are EVIL, not in the good PMI EVIL way, like in the bad evil. They are surely trying to ruin paintball with this most recent move. They even caused the incidents surrounding the PSP event in Texas. Its all Smart Parts fault.

OMG can you beleive Smart Parts _____came out with another gun?___ They are EVIL, not in the good PMI EVIL way, like in the bad evil. They are surely trying to ruin paintball with this most recent move. They even caused the incidents surrounding the PSP event in Texas. Its all Smart Parts fault.

OMG can you beleive Smart Parts __________sponsored another team?___________ They are EVIL, not in the good PMI EVIL way, like in the bad evil. They are surely trying to ruin paintball with this most recent move. They even caused the incidents surrounding the PSP event in Texas. Its all Smart Parts fault.

OMG can you beleive Smart Parts _____made money from paintball?_ They are EVIL, not in the good PMI EVIL way, like in the bad evil. They are surely trying to ruin paintball with this most recent move. They even caused the incidents surrounding the PSP event in Texas. Its all Smart Parts fault.

OMG can you beleive Smart Parts __________started making sex toys?___________ They are EVIL, not in the good PMI EVIL way, like in the bad evil. They are surely trying to ruin paintball with this most recent move. They even caused the incidents surrounding the PSP event in Texas. Its all Smart Parts fault.

/I like smart parts

Seems to fit AOs reaction huh?

I got a news letter from actionvillage today, where they're selling the Ions for 199 and they have some promo where you can get a sp body kit for 25. I just see it as sp is starting to sell their products at a price closer to what they are actually worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohman446
    Seems to fit AOs reaction huh?
    True dat...

According to most on AO the movie Austin Powers should be remade so that everytime a character says "evil" it's edited so they say "smart parts".

They're a smart business. They lower prices right before the introduce a totally redesigned product. Everyone says "hey, why the hell not" and buys an ion.

Then when they release the redesigned product everyone says "ZOMFGBBQWTFX!1111!!11" and buy one of those too...

/Genius
    Last edited by neppo1345; 04-01-2006 at 10:24 PM.

people have every right to bash smart parts for their business decisions... thats the beauty of living in a free country...

that being said, people defending smart parts and bashing those who bash smart parts is getting just as old...

whats that old nazi rule of the intarweb? where everything turns into a nazi thread or something? every thread about smart parts breaks down into these stupid little arguments, regardless of what the thread is originally about.

/not exactly a fan of smart parts
    //cant deny the power of a $200 ion
    ///I wonder who smart parts is trying to price out of the paintball industry now?
    ////kingman fenix ACS $209
    /////kingman spyder electra $250
    //////where's warped1?

jedi edit: do people run ions on co2? if so how well does it work?
    Last edited by bleachit; 04-01-2006 at 10:52 PM.
    "Great stories! See everyone, just buy a Sydarm and become a paintball superstar!! "
    AGD

"i just sent out the full force of the canadian army (4 guys). expect high canadian casualties"
    Blackweenie

Quote Originally Posted by bleachit
    //////where's warped1?
    he quit if i remeber correctly...maybe he's not doing the forum thing anymore either.

Kingman is going to get hit hard by all of this. Not only is the ion cheaper than their 'better' electros, its cheaper than one or two of their mechs. A stock spyder is not even comparable to an ion in performance. Now the ion is signifigantly cheaper than its main opponents, the wrath and the promaster. While offering perfomance better than a wrath (proven) and just under a promaster (opinion), the ion is one hell of a buy for $200.

Although, you could just buy 200 cripsy chicken nuggets from Wendy's
    IM SORRY AO FOR DISOBEYING YOUR SIG RULES!!!! FORGIVE ME!!!

Ya, i just realized that kingman is going to lose a huge chunk of their nuyers to SP now...as well as diablo and probably ICD