Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Anodizing for a Fair Price

I thought about asking for the AGD lions on one side and the AO logo on the other. But then it begins to get pricey.

Price quote perhaps?

Roughly 17-18 parts, half dust black, half gloss orange.

17-18 parts

I'm guessing you could just go to his site and look at the standard price for two markers and add them together. The dust finish is like a standard finish for him "I think" One nice thing is that it is a real bead blast finish and not just the matte unpolished anodic layer.

Quote Originally Posted by Pneumagger
    17-18 parts

I'm guessing you could just go to his site and look at the standard price for two markers and add them together. The dust finish is like a standard finish for him "I think" One nice thing is that it is a real bead blast finish and not just the matte unpolished anodic layer.
    Heh, well, cockers have a lot of parts, plus I'll be using KAPP Aluma grip panels. Thanks for the PM gruntbull, I'll make a more serious inquiry in ~5 weeks time.

gruntbull Guest
    Pricing to 10 parts isnt bad, about 5.50 per part for dust if there is no extra metal prep other than blasting...
    Get back at me when you are ready.

gruntbull Guest
    That video of that marker needs to be updated. That thing shoots fast for a non electric operation

gruntbull Guest

Sale Sale Sale

We have a sale currently going 5% off the lowest price on the net for ano of paintball markers, plus a few incentives if you want to get a little "crazy" with your marker.

gruntbull Guest
    UP
    Last edited by gruntbull; 08-23-2006 at 12:24 PM.

i thinka red xvalve would definitely set that off but only on that otherwise i wouldnt even look at a red 1

Quote Originally Posted by Pneumagger
    It has an Outkast LPR and 15 deg ASA that was also match annoed. A black Xvalve will grace the internals as well as some brand new CRAS Red/Black Carbon Fiber Grips. My newly acuired Emag will make a great backup to this

You'll be getting my emag in about a month or so. What kind of artwork do you need for tatoos?

gruntbull Guest
    Hi Res, and something that can be done in ano.

Basically email me your need, and I can let you know if it can be done.
    my email sales@gruntbullanodizing.com

Look forward to hearing from you.
    T

Quote Originally Posted by robnix
    You'll be getting my emag in about a month or so. What kind of artwork do you need for tatoos?

Anno question

Does the annodizing process change the tolerances of the gun much? How about re-annodizing?

The tolerance will change a bit, I can tell you that. My X-mag was all out of spec after it got re-annoed twice.

thats a great price..i was wondering if everythin would be included in the 55 dust finished plus 8 parts deal.i mean do you sand blast it and clean it up and prep before anno or do we have to do that.looks like goodwork though youll be my first choice when i have my marker ready to be annoed.

gruntbull Guest
    Tolerances depends on the stripping method, we use a two step process that adds a little time, but tends to remove the least amount of the aluminum as possible. (THERE WILL BE SOME TAKEN THOUGH)

Tolerances on the Mag valve are somewhat close, I personally wouldnt want to re-ano one, but will if a customer wants to (of course I would suggest otherwise)

For 55 for dust, 10 parts, to include only one body and frame (meaning you cant get 2 bodys done and two frames done and 6 other parts for 55.)

As what we will do, you send us completely disassembled parts. We then take if from there, and ship back the same thing (with a new ano), shipping is extra though.

Hope that clears some things up.

Quote Originally Posted by gruntbull
    Tolerances depends on the stripping method, we use a two step process that adds a little time, but tends to remove the least amount of the aluminum as possible. (THERE WILL BE SOME TAKEN THOUGH)

Tolerances on the Mag valve are somewhat close, I personally wouldnt want to re-ano one, but will if a customer wants to (of course I would suggest otherwise)

For 55 for dust, 10 parts, to include only one body and frame (meaning you cant get 2 bodys done and two frames done and 6 other parts for 55.)

As what we will do, you send us completely disassembled parts. We then take if from there, and ship back the same thing (with a new ano), shipping is extra though.

Hope that clears some things up.
    Are you taking orders again? I sent in a quote request just before you guys put a hold on new work. I can wait if you're not.

The stainless blackening, how much does it change the tolerances? Is it a flat black and how durable is it?
    Thanks

Ok, don't know if you guys have seen Gruntbull's threads over on PBN, but anyone and everyone that has delt with them have been VERY happy. I got a quote from them 16 peices with a black/dark purple acidwash with a dark red splash on it and when i saw the price my jaw just about hit the ground, all that is still cheaper then some places charge for a simple 2 color fade. They are going to be getting my work as soon as my body is finished for my custom cocker

gruntbull Guest
    We currently are taking work, but since we have other things going on, we are very "reserved" with what we take.
    Reason is make 55 for the same initial effort to make 110, I am sure you all can see which way we leant towards.

IF you are interested send in a quote, so at least you will have an idea. Then if you are interested we can go further down the road of getting it done.

As for SS blackening. Tolerances are not a problem on this. It is adding a black oxide to the part, but it doesnt change the tolerance to any noticable degree for a paintball marker (I assume you are talking about a Mag Valve) You will be fine. We can also mask the SS and it turnes out real nice.

gruntbull Guest
    Prices have changed, but still reasonable, and usually cheapest around give us a look.

www.gruntbull.com

If I were to send in a stainless body and Mag valve for blackening... would it hold up well compared to anodize? It wouldn't look like a shocker Factory Anodize does after a month will it, all faded and thin?

Prices have changed, but still reasonable, and usually cheapest around give us a look.

www.gruntbull.com

Still a great deal regardless of the price change. I'll gladly be sending any future anno work your way.

gruntbull Guest
    Joe,
    The blackening isnt like ano, it is a black oxide layer, it will last if taken care of, but if you slide around or RUB your marker a good amount, it will fade. Ive done screws that I have used on my grip sets and they have lasted for over a year with some signs of wear, but they are still black. But yes it is thinner and not as "tough" as Type II ano.

www.gruntbull.com
    possible that it will go back down?
    was just about to send in my species

micro emag/ule
    tippmann 98 cutsom ebolt
    feeedback

gruntbull Guest
    Not that I can see.

Quote Originally Posted by nevets11_2003
    possible that it will go back down?
    was just about to send in my species

would you by any chance be able to color my emag valve black, but then either paint or laser engrave the E-Mag lettering back into the valve (white), along with the other wording & serial number?

thanks

edit- i may also want it in dust black, could that be done?
    68 Automag Powerfeed
    Dye Ultralight Barrel
    Taso Winforce Barrel
    Ricochet AK Hopper
    **COMING SOON**
    Level 10 Upgrade
    Intelliframe

The body of the emag valve is stainless. The Back Reg half is Aluminum. So I'm guessing he could all but the Laser engrave.

Sent you a quote for an Acid wash.

gruntbull Guest
    We can turn SS black, and can mask it (as the pic shows in the initial post) depending on alloy it can look almost BLACK as a Moonless night, or a grey tint for others. We havent done a Mag Valve yet so I cant tell what shade it will come out as.

As for the lettering, and graphic on it, we can mask it, and match up the ano on the reg, but I am unsure if we can do that at a competitve price or one that you would be willing to pay. That is a lot of additional work to do and ensure all turns out right (we can do it though)

PM me on it.