Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 07 AGD emag...kinda

were did you get the pics

If it has Angel threaded feedneck... I just don't know if I'll ever stop wetting myself. Please have Angel feedneck threads, please please please!

whaaa haaapeennnn

huh? why is an angel threaded feedneck so important?

Styg
    Sometimes It's Good to be EVIL

Quote Originally Posted by warbeak2099
    If it has Angel threaded feedneck... I just don't know if I'll ever stop wetting myself. Please have Angel feedneck threads, please please please!
    Sorry. It has SP/ICD threaded feednecks. It's close to Angel but not quite the same. 'Some' Angel feednecks may thread in, though it is not recommended.

field report

Rumor has it some peopel threw some paint out of these over the weekend... whats the scoop?

Hows it work, whats it do, will it slice bread?

Styg

hmmm... wait its an electro... it does the same all the other electros do.. just in a different shell...

Well, hows the New/old valve work?

Quote Originally Posted by StygShore
    huh? why is an angel threaded feedneck so important?

Styg
    Because I'd want to put my RPG warp adapter on it so I can run my Qloader into a 90* warp elbow instead of the awkward Qloader elbow.

But alas, according to Manike that cannot be... I'm still going to buy this gun lol.

I'm just back to say that I like it. Again.

I wish my grass was Emo so it would cut itself
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialBlend2786
    I'm just back to say that I like it. Again.

I will second that. I look forward to seeing and very possibly owning one. This is the first thing I have considered purchasing new in a long time. I am going to wait until after the initial wave and see how they perform first though.

I've decided this will be my reward for getting off of mandatory PT. Hey now, I didn't know we were supposed to do curl ups... I thought we had to do as many SIT UPS as we could in 2 minutes. But anyhoo, next PFA if I pass, this is my prize lol.

I got to play around with my friend's (AO:who am i?) new custom annod emag. he got it off ebay for 500$. Everything looked awesome, but I noticed the battery pack was very wobbly and I didn't expect that. Are they usually like that? he had the screw tightened up all the way and everything. Otherwise the gun was awesome! peace.

-don miguel

Quote Originally Posted by don miguel
    I got to play around with my friend's (AO:who am i?) new custom annod emag. he got it off ebay for 500$. Everything looked awesome, but I noticed the battery pack was very wobbly and I didn't expect that. Are they usually like that? he had the screw tightened up all the way and everything. Otherwise the gun was awesome! peace.

-don miguel
    Take a chunk of old bolt bumper and put it slide it between the gun and the pack.
    "The Few Who Do Are The Envy Of The Many Who Only Stand And Watch"

Alway Remember *343*

Si vis pacem, para bellum

-don miguel
    umm completely wrong thread?

so any word on how it opperates? Im assuming an inline popet like the onyx?

onyx? can i get a link to that plz?

onyx? can i get a link to that plz?
    You might know it as the mummy..
    I dont know if that thread says it but it has since been released, they where only selling limtied numbers at events and i dont know if retailer have them yet..but i held one at MAO..and omy is it light and comfy..like a timmy and matrix combined...but the cut the wiegh in half..it riddic..didnt get to see it shoot but theres a vid..its a nice gun and works prety much like a tippman...http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1737116

Oh that thread says those might be prototype pics.but they are not that is what the final product looks like and its just a secksi in person.
    Last edited by CKY_Alliance; 10-05-2006 at 10:25 PM.

Wow that's pretty sweet. Really expensive though. The Mini seems like a great gun also, and it's half the price.

Quote Originally Posted by superfreakmabsta
    ok, so who makes this thing, and do they honestly expect to sell this gun for around 500. that seems a bit cheap.
    It's called overseas manufacturing.
    Sorry, I'm old

Quote Originally Posted by RoadDawg
    It's called overseas manufacturing.
    It's also called NPS is a huge company and can mass manufactor crap for pennies. But yea, overseas too.

Still, if the gun shoots well I'm buying one.

It's also called NPS is a huge company and can mass manufactor crap for pennies. But yea, overseas too.

Still, if the gun shoots well I'm buying one.
    It doesn't matter if the company is big or not. It's all location of manufacturing. It is a simple fact that most things are cheaper to make overseas then in the U.S.

-don miguel
    "My friend this..." and "My friend that..."

How on earth did you get so many friends? And why do they seem to have every gun in the world? And why eBay? Are there no local pro shops? Do they not use any B/S/T forums?
    Autocockers are the greatest markers ever made.
    ~The greatest BACKUP markers to AUTOMAGS!!

Only temporary, get'n a new sig soon.

It doesn't matter if the company is big or not. It's all location of manufacturing. It is a simple fact that most things are cheaper to make overseas then in the U.S.
    I buy firearms made in the US that cost less than $500 - why is that cheap for a paintball marker? We have simply accepted higher prices than we should have.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. Its not" - Dr Suess

Quote Originally Posted by RogueFactor
    Im in the market for a quality new, US made, sub-$500 retail firearm. Which one are you referring to, I might be interested.
    Nice New England Firearms make several under that price. The Ruger 10/22 is well below (not sure if either are US built or European). Mossberg and Remington both have several below that number.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohman446
    I buy firearms made in the US that cost less than $500 - why is that cheap for a paintball marker? We have simply accepted higher prices than we should have.
    I buy a $900 lawn mower every 4-5 years, that's cheaper then a number of paintball guns and a lawn mower takes a lot more to build.

heres an interesting mini concept

imagine a speedball series wherein
    the players were required to install tournament provided electronic packs

Quote Originally Posted by doc_Zox
    heres an interesting mini concept

imagine a speedball series wherein
    the players were required to install tournament provided electronic packs
    Yep, that would be very easy to do, as would having one set up for PSP play, one set up for NPPL, one for NXL, one for rec play etc.

Then you can simply swap foregrips rather than have to go through and adjust all your settings...

Id prefer a handgun. Any suggestions?

Sorry, I didnt answer your previous question.

The equivalent of your 10/22 rifle in the paintball world would be a CCI Phantom, which can be purchased for well under $500 retail. Nearly half that estimate.

Rifles, and their design, date as far back as the 1400's, and became more widely used in the mid 1800's. Handguns have a history that dates back to the 18th century. Machine guns designs date back to the mid-1800's as well.

Point being, the design and manufacture of nearly every design style of firearm has at least a 200 year head start, some more.

The volume at which these firearms have been made just over the last 200 years allows them to be sold cheaper. Besides the obvious consumer base that firearms have, they are also purchased in large part by governments around the world.

The same cannot be said for paintball markers.
    You can be dense when you want to, and I know you are far smarter than that. I was throwing out a comparison, a firearm is similiar in a lot of ways to a paintball marker. If anything one could have considered a tolerance issue from an air system over a firearm, but you had to go into something rather meaningless. I'm not debating that $500 is a comparatively good price for a paintball marker, but to those who say "wow, how do they get this so cheap?" are ignoring some pretty obvious points. Is it cheaper than we are used to? Yeh. Is it relatively cheap compared to other things of comparable size, materials and complexity that are manufactured? Not at all. Now, can we easily justify the prices? Yeh, niche marketting (even in the "big boy" paintball manufacturers) for instance. But it does not have to be that expensive to manufacture a paintball marker.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohman446
    Why do you see plants closing down and moving to Mexico? Cheaper labor to do the same job. Why pay $20/hour when you can pay $10/hour (or less)? Here is a challenge for you. Go to ANY Disney company retail store and find something that is made in the U.S. In the many times I've tried, I've only found a handful of items. Reason being it costs more for labor here in the US, then say China.

For your firearm example: There is more of a market for firearms then paintball. The larger the market, the lower the costs can go. Any basic Economics class will teach you that.

Also depending on the style you go with, a firearm (rifle/handgun) aren't all that complicated. While pball markers aren't exactly tough either, the market isn't as large plus everyone is all about C'N'C milling, stuff you don't see on many rifles/handguns and if you do, the price is higher.

Another example is look at a basic motorcycle vs a OC Choppers bike. It is cheaper to make more then one. Example being it is cheaper (per item) to make 1000 then it is to make 100 items. Rogue could tell you first hand about this.

Why do you see plants closing down and moving to Mexico? Cheaper labor to do the same job. Why pay $20/hour when you can pay $10/hour (or less)? Here is a challenge for you. Go to ANY Disney company retail store and find something that is made in the U.S. In the many times I've tried, I've only found a handful of items. Reason being it costs more for labor here in the US, then say China.

For your firearm example: There is more of a market for firearms then paintball. The larger the market, the lower the costs can go. Any basic Economics class will teach you that.

Also depending on the style you go with, a firearm (rifle/handgun) aren't all that complicated. While pball markers aren't exactly tough either, the market isn't as large plus everyone is all about C'N'C milling, stuff you don't see on many rifles/handguns and if you do, the price is higher.

Another example is look at a basic motorcycle vs a OC Choppers bike. It is cheaper to make more then one. Example being it is cheaper (per item) to make 1000 then it is to make 100 items. Rogue could tell you first hand about this.

Oh.. niche marketing that I referred to. Any basic economic class could have taught you what I was referring to without having to dumb it down to the "its cheaper to build 1000 than it is one". I still maintain that $500 for something the size and complexity of a paintball marker is not cheap.

Id prefer a handgun. Any suggestions?
    Ruger makes several

Density has little to do with it. The differences between a real firearm and paintball marker have a greater impact on production cost and manufacturing capabilities than any similarities. That was the point of my post, which you missed.
    I missed it. I did not address it with

Is it relatively cheap compared to other things of comparable size, materials and complexity that are manufactured? Not at all.
    Could have sworn I addressed it.

Density has little to do with it. The differences between a real firearm and paintball marker have a greater impact on production cost and manufacturing capabilities than any similarities. That was the point of my post, which you missed.

There are plenty of paintball markers cheaper than $500, as there are plenty of firearms more expensive than $500. Both have a high-end to their market, which employ the best production practices available, and cost more than the lowest.

So you are implying that todays "high end" markers use a substantially different method of production than low end?