Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom Wood Grips

gruntbull Guest
    Kruger,
    Cant wait to see the Mallee grips. I will get you pics once the EMAG comes in.

Thanks
    Todd

Todd, I promise you that there in not another set of grips like that on this planet. They are truly one of a kind. I have always thought that they looked like a blood clot. That is the beauty of the Burl woods, they can make fantastic patterns naturally. Enjoy
    WOW, sigs. Havent seen these in a while here on AO.

Quote Originally Posted by kruger
    EDIT: This post is pertaining to the 90 deg. panels, I am just starting to make these. I can do the 45 panels and the E/Xmag panels already. EDIT

I am in the learning stage of this. So, the short answer is yes, but not yet. I am considering buying a spindle sander, the one piece of equipment that I need to make these right. As for the 45 panels, I can do them, but, the Ambrosia Maple is a very unique wood. There will not be another set like the one that I have listed. I have looked for more that is similar, but everything else that I find is so different from the one that I had. Dont get wrong, Ambrosia Maple is availible, but ALL of it is different. That is what I like about this, no two are the same. But, then that is the problem, you cant get two that are the same, if you get my drift.

What kind of marker are you looking to get 45 panels for?

Didnt mean to quote the pic of the vert frames there (i musta accidently hit the quote button), probobly threw you off. It's for a Dye Ultralite Autococker, regular .45 grips, i believe. How different does Ambrosia Maple tend to look? Does it usually have the same colors in varying patterns, or different colors altogether?

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkies
    Didnt mean to quote the pic of the vert frames there (i musta accidently hit the quote button), probobly threw you off. It's for a Dye Ultralite Autococker, regular .45 grips, i believe. How different does Ambrosia Maple tend to look? Does it usually have the same colors in varying patterns, or different colors altogether?
    Both.

bump up

thanks

thanks for the tips on finishing the wood, the spray poly did turn out a lot nicer than trying to brush it on.

Styg

Pics on gun hopefully this week.
    Last edited by StygShore; 12-11-2006 at 09:03 AM. Reason: myspellinsux
    Sometimes It's Good to be EVIL

Are these pics gonna be of a "finished" gun? Or are you just teasing us?

Just a tease, still need to ship it off to Jay for reassembly

But should be good enough for advertising your grips

Styg

bump upwards

gruntbull Guest
    Kruger,
    I will get pics of the grips on my marker once it comes in.

Very pleased with them, thank you.

Space reserved for pics of first UMF with Kruger grips

any more progress on the vert grips? I'm really excited to geet a set on The Crimson King!

Quote Originally Posted by gus13
    any more progress on the vert grips? I'm really excited to geet a set on The Crimson King!

Yes, I got my spindle sander in a coupla days ago. BUT, my real job has just been almost unbearable. Been working doubles nearly every day, and really dont see and end before christmas. I am at work right now, so, I will be able to check the forums. But, I really dont see me doing andthing until after christmas. I got the UMF panel, and will be really stretched thin to get it out before christmas, but I am gonna try. So, the short answer is yes, I am able to do the vert. panels, but it will have to wait until after christmas.

Yes, I got my spindle sander in a coupla days ago. BUT, my real job has just been almost unbearable. Been working doubles nearly every day, and really dont see and end before christmas. I am at work right now, so, I will be able to check the forums. But, I really dont see me doing andthing until after christmas. I got the UMF panel, and will be really stretched thin to get it out before christmas, but I am gonna try. So, the short answer is yes, I am able to do the vert. panels, but it will have to wait until after christmas.

Dont kill yourself bro, I can wait another week. The holidays are a big enough pain and a job well done is worth waiting for

Ditto^^^^, I got my mag going to like 3 different places to get worked on/ annoed so theres no rush at all. whenever you can get around to it without getting pulled in tons of other directions. I do gotta say I am looking forward to them, but I can be patient. Happy Holidays!

Thanks fellas. The UMF grips will get done and out right after christmas. And the Vert. panels will be no problem either. Just pm me with what you are wanting.

bump for Christmas

Long story short, I would like to have a pair of grips crafted for my Classic Intimidator if at all possible -

If the challenge posed too dificult, the LCD window and whatnot would not need to be cut - I could deal with a simple driled hole for the LED and the On/Off button.

If you could, and are willing, could you please PM me with a price quote on this work. I would prefer curved pannels as the stock grips, but flat pannels would be welcome as well.

Thanks,

Rob

PM'd you

Up. Happy New Year all

Added White Oak wood.

I think I'd like a set of these got any stock ones made? I'm not too picky.

Have you ever made them for a phantom?

I pretty much have one of each kind of wood made. As for the Phantom, shoot me a PM with a pic of the grip and I will see what I can do.

PM sent
    Last edited by kruger; 01-03-2007 at 04:30 PM.

I pretty much have one of each kind of wood made. As for the Phantom, shoot me a PM with a pic of the grip and I will see what I can do.

PM sent
    Ok Ill get a close up of the grip by tomorrow night.

I need a suggestion for a very light wood. I need some that I can stain blue, if the white maple would work, I'll take a set.

Quote Originally Posted by robnix
    I need a suggestion for a very light wood. I need some that I can stain blue, if the white maple would work, I'll take a set.
    I got my walnut ones in last Saturday. Excellent workmanship. Gives a whole new feel to the grip.

Robnix, the Mapole would work, but I also have some White Oak in that would work as well. What type of grip are you looking for?

Flyboy, glad you like yours

Also, added Honduran Rosewood to pics
    Last edited by kruger; 01-09-2007 at 08:28 PM.

Robnix, the Mapole would work, but I also have some White Oak in that would work as well. What type of grip are you looking for?

Flyboy, glad you like yours

Also, added Honduran Rosewood to pics
    Responded to your email, thanks!

can I add to my order? I wanted to get that Prima Vera, or White Mahogany in 45 frame, as well. Thanks!

Don' ask questions. It is considered "trolling" in some locations.
    How are the vert frames going? I saw pics along time ago, and was wondering if they were availible yet