Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom Wood Grips

https://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=209524
    can you get maple from the root? it s maple but its cut from the root so it has lots of grain and looks like a star patern in it. i have a few firearms with this wood and its the best graining ive seen. if you can get it let me know how much it will cost for a set for an emag with the curve. thanks in advance.

answered PM's. Oh, and the Wenge is not going to be an option. Got it, tried it, and it just doesnt have the strength needed. LOOKS GREAT, but is a not strong enough. If people are interested, then I will post a pic of how it looks.
    WOW, sigs. Havent seen these in a while here on AO.

kruger,

I'd like a set of red laminated, rounded profile Emag grips...can you do them?

PM sent

Added Pic of Dye'd and stabilized wood grips to post #2, at bottom of post. Check it out. Other colors are available. Working on getting a list of colors, just waiting on a reply for the supplier

The dyed and stabilized grips look sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by Belly Sevalis
    The dyed and stabilized grips look sweet!
    Of course they do, silly little boy

bouncy to top

All of you grips are very nice. I was wondering if you've thought about putting images onto you wood grips... I think it's a form of woodcarving called woodburning? Just an idea.

Thanks, I do appreciate the compliments. There are people that are able to Laser in images into the grips, altho, I am not one of them. The wood burning was something that I briefly considered. I have a very narrow skill, (if you can call it that), and an artist, I am not. But, thanks for the idea. There are some people that I have sold grips to that have/are going to Laser in some things, and when they finish their particular projects, they will post up pics. But, these thing go rather slowly sometimes.

I just wanted to let you know that these are some FANTASTIC looking grips. If I didn’t have custom Guinness grips for my eMag I’d jump on them in a flash.

I sent this thread to a friend of mine with an eMag and I’m sure he’ll love your work. I’m also going to take a look ant my Timmy’s grips tonight and see if I though wood grips would be feasible for it. If so I’ll send you a pic and see what you think. I could even send the grips themselves so you could see “hands-on.”
    "Relax. Don't worry. Have a Home Brew."
    -Charlie Papazian

Feedback: https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...threadid=40134

THANKS. I am trying to do a decent job.

gruntbull Guest
    You can always have more than one set of grips guys!

Remember the SP wood grips of the olden days? They were with poo wood... and cost 30 dollars... These are custom made, hand crafted, and the bomb. My set is a pinnacle in the design of my EMAG's new ano. Red Mallee, which looks like old blood swirls quite nice. Once ano is done if it is ok Kruger I will post pics. You have some of them now (They will get a bit more afterward.)

I Wanna Seeeeeeee!

Quote Originally Posted by SummaryJudgement
    I Wanna Seeeeeeee!

Just because I hate to see kids whine, here you go:

And, Todd, you can post up your finished gun in my thread. I just luv custom guns

I decided to post up this pic cuz you can really see the way that the grain looks on the grip in the back ground, no flash glare. The crack that you see are naturally in the wood. These particular grips have been stabilized, so the cracks only add character to the grips. Tho, it would have been nice if they did not have the cracks in them. Just click on the pic to go to Jayloo, there you can click on it again and see the full size pic and get a better idea of how they look.
    Last edited by kruger; 03-24-2007 at 06:15 PM.

I'm not a kid, but I do appreciate the pics of the grips

Thanks!

Nice. It has that old western look.

grips

Love your work, man!

Sent you a PM.

bump

how did you get that logo in there? these grips are looking sweet, i might have to pick some up if you dont stop making something so simple looks so good.

If your question is directed at me, then, all I can take credit for is the grips only. Todd had the GBA logo lasered in, he would be the one to contact for that. And, thanks, I am trying

bump

howdy

TIme to move up a bit

Quote Originally Posted by kruger
    TIme to move up a bit
    Still doing the Angel grips?

Yup, just havent had a call for them. I have made one set, just to see how hard it would be. And, I still have that set.

Did anything ever come of the requests for grips for the Phantom or that Orange Highlander Viking?

-Jade

Jade, that would be a "no" on the Phantom, and an "in progress" on the Highlander.

Quote Originally Posted by kruger
    Jade, that would be a "no" on the Phantom, and an "in progress" on the Highlander.
    Cool, thanks for the heads up. Can you post the Highlander grips when they're done if the owner doesn't mind? I just bought an 04' Vik and your grips would look rather nice on it.

Could you also post the dimensions of the 45 grips? I'd like to make a mock up and see how they'd fit on the Phantom. Thanks in advance.

-Jade

Have to change the Phantom to "in progress"

I should have a better idea of the Phantom here in the near future, I have a frame that should be commin' my way soon