Thread: Help me with car audio!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Help me with car audio!!!

Ok, I am very knowledgable with electronics and audio equipment (its my job), but i know nothing about car audio. here is what i want to do:

I have a nice cd deck with ipod hookup, so i dont need that. I listen to power metal, lots of double bass. I dont want huge bass sound like the rap people, just want the double bass to hit good, but short so the double bass is distinct.

Car is a 92 Beretta GTZ, which has a good size trunk, but i dont want these things taking up alot of room. i have a pair of infinnity 693.7i 6x9s i have to put in still, but if someone can help set me up with a good bass sound i would appreciate it

oh, and i want to keep it CHEAP, so used is ok. also, i will not be cranking the sound so my windows shatter, so i dont need a 5000 billion watt amp, just want good double bass. but i want to hear the guitar and singing over it still.

Thanks for the help
    Zaszczycają waszą ojczyznę

just got back from iraq!!!

I listen to the same kind of music.

I ran an Alpine Type S 10" in a slightly undersized box with an alpine 200 watt amp.

It was fast enough to keep up with anything I listened to.

Smaller box kept the bass nice and tight.

so is that how it generally works? smaller box=faster response? is one 10 enough, i would assume so, but i dont know. any suggestions on brands? i want cheap, but i want it to sound good. dont need a fancy amp

Quote Originally Posted by devildog
    so is that how it generally works? smaller box=faster response? is one 10 enough, i would assume so, but i dont know. any suggestions on brands? i want cheap, but i want it to sound good. dont need a fancy amp
    ive got a alpine type r I'd be willing to part ways with for $50 its never been used before

is that a sub or an amp? is it 10"? any more specs, part number or something so i can look it up and pics?

you can email em to dominikcanova@sbcglobal.net if you want

When buying car audio components, always go name brand.
    Pioneer makes some great subs. I'd go with 10 inch subs if I were you. Just try to match the output of your amp (Kicker, alpine, kenwood I think make the best amps) to the wattage of your subs.

And make your own box please. Most of the pre-fab boxes are just press board and will blow up over extented time. And they're expensive as hell to boot.
    Born to be hated
    Dying to be loved

@neppo1345 are you happy with your alpine? Would you recommend it?

Sorry for being off topic.

I'm looking for a new stereo and I'm leaning towards alpine.

The thing is I've read good and bad. Most review sites cover the good and downgrade the bad. I've read some buyer feedbacks as well and that put me on the fence. Do they ship real melons?

After searching the net I've found a better review. A bit harsh finally one that seems to tell it how it is. What do you think about this Alpine head unit? How bad are the drawbacks?

How hard is life with just one USB? What about the screen resolution is it a pixel war?

Tips?

Necro post ?

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    Necro post ?
    Holy butts.
    1) AO is still around! I'll have to roam around some later.
    2) I STILL REMEMBER BY LOGIN!

I think one of my cars has an Apline. Since my first car died, the car I got right after it had a decent audio setup so I never modified it. The second car is an older car, and one of the prior owners put in an aftermarked HU, which I think is an Alpine. I need to work on this one, but house repairs kinda have my funds locked up. I'm not quite ready to drop another grand on audio on a 14 year old car. ;D
    e-mag 226
    flashed with 1.31