Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Lets See Those Firearms!

Quote Originally Posted by bornl33t
    Wow, over react much? Fact of the matter is, these guys are far too financially invest in these toys to use them in a crime. Statistics will agree with me.
    Pictures like some of these give gun control advocates too much ammunition. Like I said before, posing in camo with tactical gear and military style weapons just looks ridiculous. I've seen far far too many pictures of armchair commandos doing it.

A site for gay and alternative lifestyles: www.zakvetter.com

Cool

agreed, but its kinda fun sometimes.

Born & Raised in the Lower Left Corner of the United States of America

Wink

Some interesting responses...but you have to understand my point of view. Out here in Cali, weapons not allowed loaded & within driver's reach. Must be unloaded and secured in approved container. I've bumped into a few drivers that did not know or agree with this rule. Lucky for us both they were able to follow directions with a gun pointed at them. I deal with ALOT of people that would'nt think twice about killing me, and I must approach all contacts with this in mind. Seeing ALL these guns is a little usettling, but its good to know these kinda arsenals are out there.
    Aerobatics...The ULTIMATE Extreme Sport!!!

Quote Originally Posted by acropilot19
    Some interesting responses...but you have to understand my point of view. Out here in Cali, weapons not allowed loaded & within driver's reach. Must be unloaded and secured in approved container. I've bumped into a few drivers that did not know or agree with this rule. Lucky for us both they were able to follow directions with a gun pointed at them. I deal with ALOT of people that would'nt think twice about killing me, and I must approach all contacts with this in mind. Seeing ALL these guns is a little usettling, but its good to know these kinda arsenals are out there.
    Yeah, I carry loaded and chambered. If it's coming out it going to be used. I'm aware of the laws, and I'm aware of your job and the risks it carries. A weapon doesn't mean we are on a different side of the law then you. Guard yourself out there, but don't think a gun is the problem or the answer.
    "I want to thank the Canadian people who came out to wave, with all five fingers, for their hospitality,” -President Bush (Tuesday November 30/04)

paranoid yeah? I have no worries about driving around with my loaded AR(nothing chambered of course), I know if im pulled over the cops would just ask me what ive been shooting. Shoot(no pun intended), theyd probably stop and chat about it. Just a different mentality, and imho the better of the two. I would hate to live life always scared of some crazy calfornian with a hunting rifle within his reach.

Quote Originally Posted by maxama10
    paranoid yeah? I have no worries about driving around with my loaded AR(nothing chambered of course), I know if im pulled over the cops would just ask me what ive been shooting. Shoot(no pun intended), theyd probably stop and chat about it. Just a different mentality, and imho the better of the two. I would hate to live life always scared of some crazy calfornian with a hunting rifle within his reach.
    Exactly... stop and chat about it.
    I kidd you not... A few months ago we were out late and two cops stopped to check our cars parked off the road. we saw them a ways off and just walked up loaded to the teeth with all sorts of goodies. I had my shotgun and glock on my hip. then my friends had a S&W AR-15 with a 100rd drum mag, a p-90, a m-14, and the last guy had a sig and 1911.

they hung around for about a half hour there and even shot most of them.

I understand where your coming from being in cali tho.
    sad.

Did you all hear that barrett arms (the big 50cal rifles) refuse to sell or provide service or warranty of already owned rifles of any law enforcement branch in California because of californias laws against .50cal firearms in the state.

I think other gun companies should follow.

Quote Originally Posted by thatkidwiththesilverygun!
    agreed, but its kinda fun sometimes.
    I'd be pretty embarrassed to do that knowing I look like an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by MoeMag
    Did you all hear that barrett arms (the big 50cal rifles) refuse to sell or provide service or warranty of already owned rifles of any law enforcement branch in California because of californias laws against .50cal firearms in the state.

I think other gun companies should follow.
    Are you sure that is true? That would be classic if all the manufacturers, dealers, etc got together and refused to sell anything to law enforcement that was not available to the public.

Except law enforcement doesn't set policy in that state. Why should they be put at risk because of the policies the legislature enacts?

Quote Originally Posted by PyRo
    Are you sure that is true? That would be classic if all the manufacturers, dealers, etc got together and refused to sell anything to law enforcement that was not available to the public.
    I've read that info about the Barrett 50 cal rifles too. Barrett felt insulted that a gun which can be owned in every other state and that has never been used in a criminal manner was banned in California due to it's media portrayal and feel-good legisation. So I guess they refuse to send ANY business to California.

Is it true? I don't know, but they can always get .50BMG rifles from other manufactures. Is it dangerous... hell yeah. But the people who have the skill to actually use 50 cal rifles to their full potential don't buy $8000 weapons to commit crimes.

a) A 1000 yard shot for a novice gun enthusiast is a tough shot... 50cal rifles are used for distances well over twice that.
    b) The weapon stands at nearly 5 feet tall and weighes around 30 pounds. Poor choice to conceal or to be mobile with.
    c) There aren't that many people out there with big caliber sniper rifles. Commit a crime with a rare weapon and you've just put yourself on the short list of suspects.
    Last edited by Pneumagger; 09-15-2007 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelrat
    Except law enforcement doesn't set policy in that state. Why should they be put at risk because of the policies the legislature enacts?
    Law enforcement doesn't set policy but very often they are a big lobby behind local gun control measures. Then they go and say they need larger weapons. Why does a police officer have more of a right to protect himself then I do?

Per a letter by Ronnie Barrett Owner and CEO Barrett Firearms Manufacturing, Inc:

"Barrett cannot legally sell any of its products to lawbreakers. Therefore, since California's passing of AB50, the state is not in compliance with the US Constitution's 2nd and 14th Amendments, and we will not sell nor service any of our products to any government agency of the State of California."

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1389702/posts

The police are a part of the government of California and have helped the push to outlaw this firearm even though it has not been used in a crime and is unlikely to be in the future. If you read the linked article you will see a discription of one such incident that the LADP misled government officials and the public about these weapons.

You also need to understand that this is a tactic used by groups that want to eliminate the ownership of all firearms. They start with the largest caliber and push that since it it the largest and abviously most dangerous it needs to be outlawed. But by eliminating it they have a new largest and thus most dangerous caliber that then needs to be outlawed and it continues untill they are all gone.

The kinds of criminals who could afford such an expensive item ($8000.00 and up) will most likely chose a machine gun or grenade launcher or bazooka which can legally be purchased in most states by any law abiding citizen at a similar cost. This thread has pictured similar weapons (short barreled shotguns and silencers) which use the same process to purchase.

Most criminals don't want to try robbing something using a rifle that is 31lbs and 48 to 57 inches in length. Those criminals who want to destroy something (such as an airplaine) would chose an explosive device such as a rocket launcher or grenade launcher (which can be legally purchased and some for much cheaper).

You also need to understand that the groups that want to outlaw firearms are also the enemy of paintball and are a very outspoken opponent of our sport. I have read internal doccuments of some of these groups stating that they want all toy firearms, airguns, and even cammoflage clothing outlawed as it "promotes a violent mindset".

Pictures like some of these give gun control advocates too much ammunition. Like I said before, posing in camo with tactical gear and military style weapons just looks ridiculous. I've seen far far too many pictures of armchair commandos doing it.
    Then maby we need to quit with all the photos of the paintguns and the like on here. They too are "ammo" for the gun controll advocates. Those same groups want to outlaw paintball and by showing what "evil", violent items you own, you give them ammo to outlaw the sport.

Or maby people need to regain their since of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by wetwrks
    Then maby we need to quit with all the photos of the paintguns and the like on here. They too are "ammo" for the gun controll advocates. Those same groups want to outlaw paintball and by showing what "evil", violent items you own, you give them ammo to outlaw the sport.

Or maby people need to regain their since of humor.
    Hey, I get the joke. I own plenty of guns myself. But they are not toys. Especially the ones you own. Posing with all kinds of tactical gear and weapons that some people want to take away from us LIKE they are some sort of toy only gives them ammunition they want and/or need.

I understand the pride of ownership. But having an assault rifle posed with a commando knife and a pair of tactical gloves, or standing in a photo with urban cammo, a thigh holster, and a short barreled shotgun, is only going to look like trenchcoat mafia behavior to a large majority of the population. Don't come crying when they take them away...

Posing with all kinds of tactical gear and weapons that some people want to take away from us LIKE they are some sort of toy only gives them ammunition they want and/or need.
    Some claim that simply showing photos of firearms gives them "ammo". Who draws the line?

People need to quit being afraid of what the liberal anti-gun might do. It will (and is) getting to the point where the liberal element will shame people into not standing up for their rights.

I WILL NOT BE SHAMED!

And I resent being compared to "trenchcoat mafia". If there were not rules against language I would have a few choice words for you. I am offended.

PS, the shotgun has a 20" barrel and is well over the public legal length.

Quote Originally Posted by wetwrks
    Some claim that simply showing photos of firearms gives them "ammo". Who draws the line?

People need to quit being afraid of what the liberal anti-gun might do. It will (and is) getting to the point where the liberal element will shame people into not standing up for their rights.

I WILL NOT BE SHAMED!

And I resent being compared to "trenchcoat mafia". If there were not rules against language I would have a few choice words for you. I am offended.

PS, the shotgun has a 20" barrel and is well over the public legal length.
    If you bothered to read, you'd see that I never compared you to trenchcoat mafia. I said that it might look like trenchcoat mafia behavior to some. Not me.

I couldn't give a crap if the barrel is public legal length or a controlled item you purchased legally. Frankly, I couldn't give a crap if you had minigun. It's irrelevant.

I never said not to stand up for your rights. But flaunting it isn't necessarily the smartest path to keeping our rights to own these firearms. And as far as I'm concerned, as a gun owner, I am entitled to criticize depictions of firearms that I think jeopardize our future ability to own these weapons.

You want my honest opinion. I'll be glad to give it to you. You won't like it though.

That having been said, I'd love to have one of your AUGs. Those are fantastic guns.

Quote Originally Posted by nippinout
    OH NOES!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nippinout
    That picture is photo shopped.

Quote Originally Posted by Pneumagger
    That picture is photo shopped.
    NO WAI!!!

NO WAI!!!

But flaunting it isn't necessarily the smartest path to keeping our rights to own these firearms. And as far as I'm concerned, as a gun owner, I am entitled to criticize depictions of firearms that I think jeopardize our future ability to own these weapons.
    That's just it. If you show pics they will claim that you are a psycho and if you don't they claim you have something to hide. It is a no win cituation. But by showing them and that they are an item to enjoy you might draw others into it and thus enlarge the firearm holding crowd.

As for the aug. It is awsome. I do golf balls at 100 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by druid
    What's the boot on the extended magazines for?

I have some 10 round magazines for my 1911 that have nothing extra, they are just longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexis

I have some 10 round magazines for my 1911 that have nothing extra, they are just longer.
    It's just an aestetic cover to make an XL magazine look prettier from the outside and have a better feel to grip with. Underneath i'm sure a normal welded 1911 extended mag. I very much enjoy my 11rnd extended mags as they are naturally. When I decide to start carrying it, I will probably carry one or two of them as backup mags. they look so ghetto it's hard to not hold the pistol sideways when you shoot it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexis

Thats a slam pad.

With the responsibility of gun ownership also comes the responsibility to not portray other gun owners in a bad light... It does us all no good.

However not sure that play acting should evoke such a vehement threat from someone also burdened with the responsibility of Law Enforcement either. Temper temper!!!

However...

Here is some Mil Spec stuff I have collected for my Cold War era representation (these are all Semi Auto by the way, No class 3) ....

Want some Candy little Girl?

... and...It's not my fault anymore!!!!

re: Steelrat's attempt to be reasonable:

I work for the trenchcoat mafia. So I'm really getting a kick out of a lot of these replies.

/USP 9mm full size, no pics
    God....I guess I was probably returning videotapes.

awsomeness, matches my Garand

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Unka Phil

Quote Originally Posted by SCpoloRicker
    re: Steelrat's attempt to be reasonable:

I work for the trenchcoat mafia. So I'm really getting a kick out of a lot of these replies.

/USP 9mm full size, no pics
    yeah cmon steelrat... post some real pictures here.