Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

Thread: PTP Micromag Bodies

Well if you guys were here right now you could see the renderings in solid works and all of its parts but noooo ,, you guys are off in some other state sitting behind computer waiting to see a picture :P

SOoo...who wants to rehost pics so my job doesn't think I'm looking at Photobucket pr0n?

Quote Originally Posted by Mayvik
    SOoo...who wants to rehost pics so my job doesn't think I'm looking at Photobucket pr0n?
    I can email them to you

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy_ptp
    I can email them to you
    I was going to say "but I can't access my email here either unless I use my blackberry..." then I realized OH SNAP I can just go to AO on my blackberry. Doh!

EDIT:

Ahhh..much better...that looks sweeet.
    Last edited by Mayvik; 01-21-2009 at 03:19 PM.

yea i know i cant see em either ;(

The pictures are in the new thread Tracy made .

If you can't seem them I can always email them to you. Just let me know and send me the email address. I can send as an attachment in jpeg form

If you can't seem them I can always email them to you. Just let me know and send me the email address. I can send as an attachment in jpeg form
    ill see them tonight after 1230 am work blocks alot of things even ur site ;(

I'll try to cover the last posts about the vert ASA. The ASA will be nothing like the current Micromag. It will actually look virtually identical to the R/T Pro (with a little PTP styling). It will in fact bolt in from the bottom like Autocockers, Angels, Shockers, etc. We actually had a lot of input asking for that option. I know that the idea was to be able to buy aftermarket parts to fit, but the design just won't allow for it. We are doing some things that are a bit over the top and sometimes have to give and take... The vertical is going to be an add-on so that anyone that doesn't want to run a vert setup doesn't have to. Of course we can always double the size of the body and have room to do whatever we want...
    I don't know if this is the right place for this, let me know and I'll move it. I've seen that the proprietary ASA has been a bit of an issue for a few people. After seeing the drawings for the body (which are AWESOME, by the way, I've already got my deposit in), I started thinking about the way the ASA is set up. I don't know if you guys have tossed this around, but I thought that this might be a possibility and we would be able to use AGD vert ASA's. Instead of using a cocker type ASA that screws in from the bottom, what if there was a way to screw in from the top (you would have to take off the front of the breech). The screw could go through the the raised area that holds in the front part. If I'm correct, the RT style ASAs use two screws, so that wouldn't work. However, I have an ASA that has both RT AND "regular" holes (single hole in the center). So the wings are milled off but it still can fit on a Classic rail, and on the new Micro from the looks of it. Anyway, I may be way off base, but I think this might be a way to look since we know there are plenty of AGD ASAs out there and PTP wouldn't have to manufacture brand new ones, possibly just mill wings off. Here are some pics of what I'm talking about. Done very quickly and generically, but I think you can get the idea. Thanks

-X

Quote Originally Posted by xero28
    I don't know if this is the right place for this, let me know and I'll move it. I've seen that the proprietary ASA has been a bit of an issue for a few people. After seeing the drawings for the body (which are AWESOME, by the way, I've already got my deposit in), I started thinking about the way the ASA is set up. I don't know if you guys have tossed this around, but I thought that this might be a possibility and we would be able to use AGD vert ASA's. Instead of using a cocker type ASA that screws in from the bottom, what if there was a way to screw in from the top (you would have to take off the front of the breech). The screw could go through the the raised area that holds in the front part. If I'm correct, the RT style ASAs use two screws, so that wouldn't work. However, I have an ASA that has both RT AND "regular" holes (single hole in the center). So the wings are milled off but it still can fit on a Classic rail, and on the new Micro from the looks of it. Anyway, I may be way off base, but I think this might be a way to look since we know there are plenty of AGD ASAs out there and PTP wouldn't have to manufacture brand new ones, possibly just mill wings off. Here are some pics of what I'm talking about. Done very quickly and generically, but I think you can get the idea. Thanks

-X

Forest again. A big thanks for such a well thought out and detailed reply! This is the way that we would have preferred, but for two things. Once the ASA is bolted in place there would be no access to the 4 screws that are used to secure the front block - plus the fact that we really want/need (just to be safe) the added strength of a larger screw up through the mainbody into the front body block. Trust me it's been looked at a bunch and this is it for now. We are still open although there are several things that are more complex than they first appear... We'll build enough pieces parts so that no one will be sad for long. Who knows we might even come up with something cool...