Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: PTP Micromag Bodies

I would prob be in for 2 maybe 3 depending on price and the way they look.
    Due to the objections of a certain Canadian, this space is now for rent.

put me on the LIST but i really want angel threaded necks, angel detents, and rt sears, and it all depends on what they look like

Dend78 is offline Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum Feedback Score 1 (100%)
    to late ruds i already told them you wanted 8 or 10 of em

just playing i added you already

AA for now i have you down for 2 of em, but obviously price is pending for everyone and also style/look, and a few other misc things
    2k2 Angel LCD
    turbo trigger
    CP volumizer
    PIPE KIT

2k Angel CnC LCD
    Vert Frame
    Freak Barrel

B2k x-milled
    micro rock
    Dye sticky 3's
    vertical max-flo
    Edge barrel with blue J&J tip

Egg 2 y board
    Empire Reloader
    Dye Throttle 91/4500
    Crossfire 114ci/3000
    Angel Air Reg

We will do everything we can to make $200 or even less. I won't know a final cost until design work is done and they figure out how much material for each body. At that point I can give a rough estimate.

The way I figure the best way to do this is once we figure out a final cost and I know I will have a machine available, then I would take deposits of say $50. I would want it to go to our Pay Pal account. Monies would sit there until I pull together enough deposits. If for some reason it didn't happen it would be very easy to return your money, but I'm am hoping to go through with this project.

If you have suggestions for the new body feel free to post. Feedneck is already taken care of. Forest has something very special for that. When it comes to the sear, he is already looking at changing that. Please stay away from electronics, we want to keep the cost down for all of you.

Tracy

Quote Originally Posted by tracy_ptp
    The way I figure the best way to do this is once we figure out a final cost and I know I will have a machine available, then I would take deposits of say $50. I would want it to go to our Pay Pal account. Monies would sit there until I pull together enough deposits. If for some reason it didn't happen it would be very easy to return your money, but I'm am hoping to go through with this project.
    I don't have paypal. Don't you guys have other options?

Quote Originally Posted by tracy_ptp
    If you have suggestions for the new body feel free to post. Feedneck is already taken care of. Forest has something very special for that. When it comes to the sear, he is already looking at changing that. Please stay away from electronics, we want to keep the cost down for all of you.

Tracy
    Like everyone else, dual angel style detents

We have many options for payment, I just wanted everyone to be comfortable with what we are doing. And allow it to sit in one place, until we are ready to go. But we do accept Visa, MC or Discover or you can mail in a payment. For those that don't do paypay, I could just get CC info and not run the card until we say go, if that makes them feel better.

guys heres your chance get your 2 cents in on what you would like to see added or improved

the detents and feedneck seem to be a major thing to everyone, i was also thinking in line of weight, i dont know the weight of the previous versions but hey the lighter the better. another thing mudd and i disscussed but i dont know how possible it could be, but seeing some of the old school colors come back would be pretty cool, but for a run like this probably not practical.

Tracy,

you can definately put me down as extremely interested, especially if we are talking about a total design overhaul and possible rt rail compatible.

rich

When it comes to anodizing, Not sure I want to get into the custom colors. One of the reasons we stopped was PK changed their pricing (by 800%) and the awesome guy (Piers) who did our guns left the company and went back to Australia. I don't think I would want to send my stuff back there. I know you guys are pretty connected on AO that you could probably find someone to do a custom ano job for a reasonable price. So with that I was thinking about offering Dust/Satin/Matte (whatever you want to call it) Black, maybe Nickel, or even offer it Raw so you can do your own thing.

Tracy

Where's GRUNTBULL. when you need 'em?????

I've seen some of his works (at least online) and I like them...... I'm not sure if anyone else has some connections with the others, but his works are the one's that stuck out for me (IMO).

haha yeah some good ol throw back action would be pretty sweet to see but i figured it would be a bit impractical for this application we are looking at here.

Grunts stuff looks great and Thefool's stuff looks great as well

lets see those names hittin the list

PTP Micromag Bodies

I'd be interested in one. Will shipping be an issue to Canada?

Deadpool2000

Add me to the list

Tracy,

Please add me to the list.

And by when do you think will be starting receiving deposits?

Question:

Are you going to make any bodies with RH side feed? (mounting a sight is pretty important to me).

Thanks.

I'm interested, add me to the list. Would love to have a micro body!

youve been added to the list keep em coming guys at this rate we are gonna surpass 100 by the end of the week

muddshutter Guest
    If it gets the ball rolling faster, I would be happy to cover the deposit for the first 100 bodies?

I can deposit $5k in PTP's Paypal account to cover the start-up cost, interest building costs, etc. which would be returned to me once the first 100 were made and sold. From the beginning, all i have wanted is to see this make light. If all it takes is some cash to get it jump started, then just tell me where to send it.

Quote Originally Posted by muddshutter
    If it gets the ball rolling faster, I would be happy to cover the deposit for the first 100 bodies?

I can deposit $5k in PTP's Paypal account to cover the start-up cost, interest building costs, etc. which would be returned to me once the first 100 were made and sold. From the beginning, all i have wanted is to see this make light. If all it takes is some cash to get it jump started, then just tell me where to send it.

wow nice freakin offer man thats some serious green to drop just like

Quote Originally Posted by deadpool2000
    I'd be interested in one. Will shipping be an issue to Canada?

Deadpool2000
    Shipping to Canada is never a problem, it just costs more for shipping and maybe duties. I think that RevCan will also add GST to the package but am not sure yet.

I know that I have very few posts here... but I am still interested...

I have a nickel plated MicroMag RT (3rd gen) and it is a great marker...

Having a raw body with some upgrades would be great...

Gonna have to start another thread asking about my nickel plating...

So I am still down for 1

Quote Originally Posted by Direwolf
    I know that I have very few posts here... but I am still interested...

i dont know youve only been here since 2000 sounds kinda fishy i need references your good man no worries about you

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Dend78
    guys heres your chance get your 2 cents in on what you would like to see added or improved

the detents and feedneck seem to be a major thing to everyone, i was also thinking in line of weight, i dont know the weight of the previous versions but hey the lighter the better. another thing mudd and i disscussed but i dont know how possible it could be, but seeing some of the old school colors come back would be pretty cool, but for a run like this probably not practical.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home

that .6 has to go then

hey put me for one more just in case i like them if you dont mind

Answer a few questions....

Shipping to Canada is no problem. USPS is the most cost efficient and we will insure it.

Yes, our machines are tied up until November, so we can't move faster. (Faster isn't always better anyway)

I do NOT want to take any deposits until we are almost ready to roll on this. If I take them too soon people will be wondering what they put their money into.

I would appreciate any comments you have on upgrades. It will all be considered, doesn't mean that is what will happen, but we like the feedback. Forest always does things for a reason and if chooses not to do an upgrade, then it is for a reason.

Last but not least, please lets keep this a friendly string. I know there has been bad judgements, but it was with good intentions. Let's not harp on what was in the past and move to the future. I think you all (al least most of you) will be pleased with the results.

Tracy

put me on the list for one please

would it be possible to make something that covers the area above a stormwalk frames' or emag lowers' foregrip?

I am a maybe...

I like the fact that the price should be under $200. I like the past bodies, so a new design should be even better.

Under $200
    Angel thread feedtube
    Angel thread dual detents
    Cocker thread barrels
    RT sear
    Raw Body

All those items get confirmed and I will definitely confirm with deposit!!!

Thanks for putting together this post.

Ok so if we lay to rest the

feedneck, change to an RT sear (and preferably add an AGD sear pin), and the dual detents

and assume the good bits stay the same

integrated body design so that no rail is required, cocker barrel threads

Then that leaves anodizing, and body design

There is a large local shop that is doing the ano on the logic frames. I would be interested in putting together a large order for custom old school anodizing of complete guns. It would have to be a large order to make it worth while though. I know rouge also has a really good ano guy someone should approach him about a quote on a special run (but you better have something specific to request).

Now for the body design. I would like to see these a little sleeker than previous models. Not carved and complicated like some of the "high end" karta dallara stuff just more streamlined and lighter. Knock off the boxy corners and make the design on the sides more elongated to accentuate the full length of the body (given it is so sweet and short it would be nice not to have it broken up by the design).

Oh I almost forgot. The foregrip should be more integral to the design. So something that matches the body more closely. Perhaps a shorty type grip.

Also a run of HORIZONTAL asa's to go with the bodies would make these too much fun.

Add me to the list please.

Quote Originally Posted by Engus
    put me on the list for one please

would it be possible to make something that covers the area above a stormwalk frames' or emag lowers' foregrip?

Send us a photo and we will see what we can do. we had a gap to cover between the battery box and the e-Micro body and handled that pretty well. Let's see what you need and go from there.

Tracy

Quote Originally Posted by matteusz
    Also a run of HORIZONTAL asa's to go with the bodies would make these too much fun.
    Seconded. Also, what are the chances of making the feedneck mounting modular so it can be RF, LF, or CF?

custar

ok guys last night Tracy and I spoke on the phone and Tracy asked that we all try to come up with a new body design/look. she is wanting us to do something different that sets the look apart from the past micro bodies. obviously its gonna be the same shape and shell but the exterior design is what shes looking to change. for instance they first came out with straight lines milled in them, then the las run had the wavy lins milled in the side. now she is looking for some new design ideas to complement the new body. I may start another thread for just the ideas ppl have for this