RT style sear FTW.

I think as far as improvements go most of us will agree with

1. RT style sear
    2. angel threaded feedneck
    3. dual angel threaded detents
    Put me down for one of these.

Tracy,
    Is NO anno/plating an option?
    Last edited by luke; 09-26-2007 at 01:55 PM.

Shouldn't this be moved to the dealer forum?

Dend78 is offline Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum Feedback Score 1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by luke
    im not sure on that luke possibly though, cause im not really selling anything, but at the same time i am gaining interest for a company frack i dont know ill put ya on the list though
    2k2 Angel LCD
    turbo trigger
    CP volumizer
    PIPE KIT

2k Angel CnC LCD
    Vert Frame
    Freak Barrel

B2k x-milled
    micro rock
    Dye sticky 3's
    vertical max-flo
    Edge barrel with blue J&J tip

Egg 2 y board
    Empire Reloader
    Dye Throttle 91/4500
    Crossfire 114ci/3000
    Angel Air Reg

I don't see why it wouldn't be appropriate, others do it all the time. I would guess that more people will see it there. Personally I didn't even know about this thread, I followed your link from PBnation.

Quote Originally Posted by luke
    Ya I agree............Moved

Quote Originally Posted by Dend78
    ok guys last night Tracy and I spoke on the phone and Tracy asked that we all try to come up with a new body design/look. she is wanting us to do something different that sets the look apart from the past micro bodies. obviously its gonna be the same shape and shell but the exterior design is what shes looking to change. for instance they first came out with straight lines milled in them, then the las run had the wavy lins milled in the side. now she is looking for some new design ideas to complement the new body. I may start another thread for just the ideas ppl have for this
    Something a little organic, maybe some influence from the Karta/Xmag wouldn't be too much problem. Not saying a total copy but certainly influenced by....

Or along the lines of, say, an SFL?
    WOW, sigs. Havent seen these in a while here on AO.

yeah im working on something like the karta x-mag look right now some smooth pronounced curves would be nice to see im my mind as well. i think that would bring the body up to date with everything else but it would still be set apart with rail and body as one

and too confirm i am still interested in the project, with the talk of new designs that would be pretty awesome too. Some may want to revisit the mag body contest thread for inspiration.

There were some plausible designs in there that with a little creativity could be shortened and combined into a new PTP micro mag body. Is there going to be a design thread started or do we just flood tracy.

and i know its belated, but thank you Tracy for coming in an clearing the fog and bringing this project closer to reality.

Tracy,
    Is NO anno/plating an option?[/QUOTE]

Yes these will be available raw, so that you may ano it they way you wish to.

Personally, I would like to see something along the lines of this body-wise

Clean, lean, with a little bit of ornamentation, but not much.

Basically a body that says, "I'm serious about playing."

Quote Originally Posted by MechMags
    and too confirm i am still interested in the project, with the talk of new designs that would be pretty awesome too. Some may want to revisit the mag body contest thread for inspiration.

There were some plausible designs in there that with a little creativity could be shortened and combined into a new PTP micro mag body. Is there going to be a design thread started or do we just flood tracy.

and i know its belated, but thank you Tracy for coming in an clearing the fog and bringing this project closer to reality.

Your Welcome!

Just remember while you guys are coming up with new designs, that if you go too crazy just means alot more machine time. Be creative, not crazy. We want to keep this affordable for all.

https://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=220609

here is the design concept thread throw them there and if you dont know how to post them let me know and we can try to get something worked out for you
    Last edited by Dend78; 09-25-2007 at 03:38 PM.

i am interested. please put me on the list

Quote Originally Posted by robertsr1811

Clean, lean, with a little bit of ornamentation, but not much.
    I agree. I think it should be based more on function vs looks. Something like the one in the pic could be made modular in the fact that it could be sleak and simple for the tourney guys and have places to mount extra rails for the mil sim/scenario guys, that would be a plus in PTP's favor as it goes with the current trends in paintball popularity nowadays.

Another aspect is, imho, is to stay away from the fancy milling like the SFL and XMags share onl y because that was one of the reasons that nixed the X Mag project. All the extra time that went into the milling of the X Mag bodies would slow down production time and raise production costs which would raise the price of the bodies. Another Idea would be modular breeches like the X Mags had. The CF style would appeal to the tourney guys while the warp breech would more then likely appeal to the scenario gents. This may raise the costs some, but at least the design would appeal to both sides of the sport.

Quote Originally Posted by [NA]WARLORD
    I agree. I think it should be based more on function vs looks. Something like the one in the pic could be made modular in the fact that it could be sleak and simple for the tourney guys and have places to mount extra rails for the mil sim/scenario guys, that would be a plus in PTP's favor as it goes with the current trends in paintball popularity nowadays.

Another aspect is, imho, is to stay away from the fancy milling like the SFL and XMags share onl y because that was one of the reasons that nixed the X Mag project. All the extra time that went into the milling of the X Mag bodies would slow down production time and raise production costs which would raise the price of the bodies. Another Idea would be modular breeches like the X Mags had. The CF style would appeal to the tourney guys while the warp breech would more then likely appeal to the scenario gents. This may raise the costs some, but at least the design would appeal to both sides of the sport.
    maybe 2 runs is the answer, but we would need alot mor people.
    personally i want to make one an ego framed mag straight off as a tourney gun for my and keep the other body for when my little 6 year old brother becomes old enough to play. hes going to get one awsome birthday presant . so vert feed and less mass is what id be looking for but i dont really care about haviong curvy lines im all for angles as long as the weights down.

also will we be able to pick color. i want one in chrome and one in (lime green or purple)

Quote Originally Posted by tracy_ptp
    Send us a photo and we will see what we can do. we had a gap to cover between the battery box and the e-Micro body and handled that pretty well. Let's see what you need and go from there.

Tracy

well it all depends on how the body ends up, but for reference the stormwalk's foregrip goes about even with the front of an rt pro/emag rail

Cool

If he makes all the changes everyone is asking for the price of the thing will be 400.00.
    They will take so long to make it will drive the cost way up and it will kill the project because
    we wont be able to get 100 people to pony up the $ .

I havent talked to anyone but my gut feeling is any changes will need to be fairly minor
    and aesthetic to keep the final product priced so no one backs out.

Like maybe an RT Pro sear and pin, nice centerfeed lever clamping feedneck (or some choices), maybe lose the sight rail, and deeper exterior body milling so as to lighten it up some.

We start having Xmag bodies with change-able breaches and you will be lucky to keep
    1/2 of the list on board because the price will go way up.
    And you may lose Forests interest too if the project starts to take on a life of its own.

you are right there GH but here is the thing shes just asking for input on what we would like to see a wish list so to speak, and you know the old saying you can wish in one hand and poop in the other and see which gets full first

Quote Originally Posted by Engus
    well it all depends on how the body ends up, but for reference the stormwalk's foregrip goes about even with the front of an rt pro/emag rail

If you could post a photo for me to show Forest, would be a great help. He likes visuals, makes his brain work even harder than it already does (which is 24/7 now)

Tracy over at PTP is helping this happen as previously stated... and they are still hoping to keep the cost in the 200 range with the mods and or improvements... Tracy asked about some body mods/styles to help make this a more unique run; if memory serves.

lets not get the mud flowing again.

Right now we the project and the threads are proceeding as Tracy at PTP has asked.

Quote Originally Posted by tracy_ptp
    If you could post a photo for me to show Forest, would be a great help. He likes visuals, makes his brain work even harder than it already does (which is 24/7 now)
    I hope this helps, I took this pic from the stormwalk thread

Quote Originally Posted by Engus
    I hope this helps, I took this pic from the stormwalk thread
    i like the feed neck, who makes it?

Quote Originally Posted by LK-13
    i like the feed neck, who makes it?
    i dont know its not my gun

Quote Originally Posted by custar
    Seconded. Also, what are the chances of making the feedneck mounting modular so it can be RF, LF, or CF?

custar

I am DEFINATELY down with this suggestion. Honestly, if you could make the feedneck modular, that alone would seal the deal for me. Regardless of the feedneck (as long as it isn't some 3-story high-rise feedneck), you can put me down for one.
    Last edited by Ratt; 09-26-2007 at 10:35 AM.

How about a new old school Pro Series Barrel to go with the new Micro body ?

How about a micro Tac One styled body? I would love to have a micro with picatinny rails!!!

CPPA Member #1875

Tracy,

look over your shoulder behind you:

I want a Mircomag body that looks and functions exactly like a cocker, but with a Spyder thread...

VENGEANCE PAINTBALL DISTRIBUTORS
    X.O. INDUSTRIES PAINTBALLS

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by rabidchihauhau
    Tracy,

look over your shoulder behind you:

I want a Mircomag body that looks and functions exactly like a cocker, but with a Spyder thread...

Exactly .

Wow, I can't believe someone else is looking for exactly the same thing I am...

I forgot to mention that the body doesn't have to look like a micromag - if it looked like a proto that would be cool. And if it had electronics that would be cool too...