Thread: Building MY Mag.

Building MY Mag.

Basically, I want my 'Mag to mine, as everyone does.

Also, some of the reasons I started out with a Classic are the facts that, it was cheap, it works mint, and it was available, not to mention, they are upgadeable.

My plans were to start with a Classic and end up with my version of a ULE.

I am not going to tear my Classic apart and sell, what I am going to do is, as I come into money, upgrade what I can.

My plans were:

Start out with a classic.

Swap out frame for Inteliframe - Done
    Swap out valve for RT or X valve - Incomplete, QUESTIONS BELOW
    Swap out Classic body for ULE - Incomplete
    Get another rail, put classic back together, and have two mags. - Incomplete
    Possibly Pneu-mag it - Incomplete, QUESTIONS BELOW

Questions:

I found a link to AGD's virtual museum.

http://www.airgundesignsusa.com/museum/

And basically, after reading about the Retro Valve, and the X Valve all I could come up with was: the retro valve is an out of production all stainless steel fast recharging valve.

And the X Valve is basically a Retro Valve just with "ULE" basically its made with 7000 series aluminum instead of stainless steel.

More Questions:

What makes an "RT" mag is it the Retro Valve? like how the R and the T are larger?

If thats a yes, then wouldn't an X Valve be a ULE RT?

Pneu-Mag questions:

What is this, what benefits are there, and how does it work.

PLEASE dont flame my questions, YES, I AM new to Mags, thanks for noticing :P

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by rusty hawboldt
    What makes an "RT" mag is it the Retro Valve? like how the R and the T are larger?
    If thats a yes, then wouldn't an X Valve be a ULE RT?
    Yes, the x valve is an aluminum ReTro valve. I am grateful it wasn't named RT-something.

The ReTro valves were stainless. The only thing you have to watch for in buying used valves is that the plain "RT" or "classic RT" had a different air connection through the bottom. Instead of the air coming in the side and having a separate field strip screw, the air comes through the rail and into the hollow field strip screw with orings (banjo bolt). The ReTro valves went back to the old mounting and air supply connections that are still used on the x valve.

So unless you're aiming for something completely custom or based upon a classic RT rail and valve, you don't want to mix those parts accidentally. The RT rail has five spare air connections at the back, so if you want air powered accessories, it has lots of room.

For pneumags, search for pneu and (pneumagger or cyberave68). Cyberave has a dealer thread as well. That's a start...
    Last edited by Spider-TW; 08-14-2008 at 04:40 PM. Reason: pneus

Thanks alot, thats more Info. than I expected.

Thanks for the RT warning too.