Thread: Best tank and reg?

Best tank and reg?

I have read around but did not find a thread on what would be the best tank and reg for an automag?

As for me, I have a Carleton tank/reg and I am not sure if it is any good or not

For information: I have a Tac-One w/o the ULT and I do really shoot that fast. So I am more looking at a constant shot from my reg.
    I am also not really looking at ajusting my pressure.. I would more like to keep it at 850 psi.

I have heard that crossfire makes one of the best regs out there.. true?

Definitely go with a Crossfire reg! IMO, they offer the most consistent output with cery little variation.

MacDev makes great regs too, but are harder to find. There's also the oldschool adjustable Max-Flo manifold regs, but they require regular maintenance and rebuild. I got fed up with mine and sold it. The on/off becomes an on/on after a few months

But I digress. Go with a Crossfire!

3. In my testing, for presets Centerflag, Nitroduck Ireg top the list. Maxflo manifold style and dynaflow for adjustables.

Crossfires will perform adequately also. I would stay away from Myths since they are lower pressure and slower recharge.

Actually the previous post about myths is false.... they did a legitimate study about rwg recharges and found that myths actually beat out the crossfire regs and allow you to reach deeper into your tank for more shots without dropoff

Lastly... I run a high pressure myth on my mag and it has an input of 900 and an amazing recharge rate... never had any shoot down or inconsistancy

If Centerflag was still around, I would be telling you to get a Dynaflow adjustable. Since they are gone, go with the Crossfire. Great reg and great company.

Quote Originally Posted by AzrealDarkmoonZ
    In my testing, for presets Centerflag, Nitroduck Ireg top the list. Maxflo manifold style and dynaflow for adjustables.

Crossfires will perform adequately also. I would stay away from Myths since they are lower pressure and slower recharge.
    Apparently the standard ones were relatively low, but they have a high pressure spring or shim kit that they can install when you order them. I guess they didn't advertise the output pressure choices very well. There's a dealer for them in the Dealer BST and he explains that a mag needs the kit.

On the max flo I finally pulled out the on/off plug and polished a ramp on the hole that runs by the on/off oring so that it would stop slicing a chunk off the oring. It's been about a year now and still shuts off (fingers crossed). It's still a maintenance hog.

I'm hoping the myths can build a solid reputation; regs are fundamental and we have to have a good standard available from someone. Crossfires are very good, but competition is a good thing.

**edit**
    For a screw in tank, I have a Crossfire 68/4500 that has been rehydro'd and never had a problem.
    Last edited by Spider-TW; 08-14-2008 at 09:34 AM.

I'll give another vote for Crossfire... I've never had an issue with mine (I have a 88/45 and a 70/45).

even with centerflag out of bussiness i still vote for thier products, if you can find a centerflag reg floating around scoop it up and love it for all your worth.