Thread: My New Devilmag (56k=no)

Arrow My New Devilmag VIDEO IS UP!

Video Here: http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e1...evilMagNXL.flv

Here she is, in all her glory...

Well, it isn't technically a "Devilmag," as Devil's Den had nothing to do with this marker.

Specs:
    Hyperframe - Retrofitted with a mini-Morlock board (Predator 5.0 code)
    Luke's Hyperframe Trigger
    Luke's Hyperframe Panels - Milled for on/off switch
    RT-Pro Rail - Custom cut and milled for eye covers
    Custom Eye Covers
    ULE Body - Cut to AM/MM length, drilled for eyes, tapped for dual detents, and custom milled with "gills" over the valve
    Blue Breakbeam Eyes
    CCM No-Rise Feedneck
    CP Rail and On/Off ASA
    DW Carbon Fiber 10* Foregrip
    XValve, ULT, Level 10

The custom cutting, milling, detent tapping, and eye covers were done by Luke.

Everything is anodized either dust or gloss black. The anodizing was done both by Gruntbull and PBModShop.

The guts were assembled and soldered by yours truly.

It's tiny, light, dead sexy, and spits out paintballs like crazy.
    Last edited by Dewok82; 02-11-2008 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Added video

That is the last thing I want to see before I die.

In a house... on a street... in a neighborhood... maybe your neighborhood!
    From another hyperframed-DevilMag owner to you... you will LOVE this thing.

That is one of the sweetest markers I've seen in a long time. You better enjoy her!

That gun is amazing. Enjoy!!!

WOW, looks soo fresh, loving the dust and gloss black finishes. would poop myself if i saw that ripping balls at me

I want one of those!!!

wow i love that rail

I wish my grass was Emo so it would cut itself
    Yes, I too am impressed with the rail.
    Nice job on the put together there. What did you use as eye covers? It looks like something modified to the purpose...
    The gills are a nice effect as well.

The only problem I can see is that in spite of her spitting paintballs like a demon, it uses air the same way? How many balls can you shoot before running out of gas?

Quote Originally Posted by punkncat
    Yes, I too am impressed with the rail.
    Nice job on the put together there. What did you use as eye covers? It looks like something modified to the purpose...
    The gills are a nice effect as well.

The only problem I can see is that in spite of her spitting paintballs like a demon, it uses air the same way? How many balls can you shoot before running out of gas?

The eye covers are custom cut one-off pieces.

The gills have no effect on efficiency. Take a look at a Karta, Dallara or X-Mag body. Those bodies all expose that same area of the valve.

I wish my grass was Emo so it would cut itself
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewok82
    The eye covers are custom cut one-off pieces.

The gills have no effect on efficiency. Take a look at a Karta, Dallara or X-Mag body. Those bodies all expose that same area of the valve.
    Didn't think the gills did, but the LX'ed Xvalve is known for using a lot of air. Not that its any different from any other common RTP, etc. but since it can burn through paint so fast with the pred mod I was wondering if you have seen how many shots you can get from a tank...IE can you make it through a long game with a hopper and four pods?

The only reason I can even play speedball with my mag is that fact that its got a mech trigger and I use a revi. I really have found that I need to upgrade to a 4500PSI tank, the 68/30 adjustable I use has me going to the air station too often.

That is one extremely nice project you have put together, and I was not trying to knock it in any way, just curious.

I like everything except the color, never been a huge solid black gun fan myself, though that may have something to do with my side business...lol

Sweet gun non the less, I just wish I had the money, and the mill to do what ever my imagination can think up!

Just further proves how amazing Luke's work can be just by using straight lines. Those eye covers are amazing, the rail is beautiful.

I remember when you first posted pictures. She's come a long way.
    AO Mid-Atlantic Part Duece.

Come on Powerlyte!

it is just wrong for a gun to be that cool

Now that is one bad *** gun. You done good.

just curious what kind of bps that thing is able to pump out? not what the board says. but exactly what bps it can achieve. that vid was exactly 15 and almost perfect 5 second burst
    Last edited by jade_monkey07; 02-11-2008 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jade_monkey07
    just curious what kind of bps that thing is able to pump out? not what the board says. but exactly what bps it can achieve. that vid was exactly 15 and almost perfect 5 second burst
    I honestly have no idea. Your question has me thinking about what factor would be the limiting variable. We all know the X-Valve is capable of ridiculous BPS. The board is adjustable to BPS beyond what the X-Valve is capable of. I suppose it would come down to the solenoid and the loader (Halo with Cheetah board). Next time I'm around a compressor and some cheap paint I might have a BPS showdown between my EP Mag and my Devilmag.

I sure hope the video was around 15bps (did you Goldwave? If so, thanks!). I had it on NXL mode.

Ill get fresh batts in my pulse and Dmag frame and put it on 20+bps and see what I can pump out on full auto. I don't have eyes on mine so may get a chuff here and there, Ill get the vid on Friday if I can.

That thing looks amazing, great job.
    Due to the objections of a certain Canadian, this space is now for rent.

About the bps, I can tell you that my morlock boarded mag with hyperframe guts tops out at 17 bps. I think the reason is that if I try to cycle any faster, the battery/capacitator won't be able to produce enough current to keep up. Either that or the noid simply can't cycle faster more reliably.

ULE RT Custom

Red ULE body
    ULT
    Electric Logic vert frame

Quote Originally Posted by Dewok82
    I honestly have no idea. Your question has me thinking about what factor would be the limiting variable. We all know the X-Valve is capable of ridiculous BPS. The board is adjustable to BPS beyond what the X-Valve is capable of. I suppose it would come down to the solenoid and the loader (Halo with Cheetah board). Next time I'm around a compressor and some cheap paint I might have a BPS showdown between my EP Mag and my Devilmag.

I sure hope the video was around 15bps (did you Goldwave? If so, thanks!). I had it on NXL mode.
    Similar idea to goldwave. just a diffirent program. you should find someone with a Q and test out all the modes on both those mags. i would be very interested in seeing the vids.

nice dude
    "You dont need to be so shallow, turn your head prepare to follow"-CKY

I know this is an old thread... But... So much want...

Quote Originally Posted by str8boostn View Post
    I know this is an old thread... But... So much want...
    Find a hyperframe... I have some predator boards here

Hey bigE,those boards can be used in others frames can't they? I saw a devil mag on YouTube looked like a rpg frame?

Ive got a hyper frame, with 20bps and a predator board laying around somewhere...
    "Don't stoned i'm shoot" -someoneiforget

that body milling with eyes turned out very nice... but hey what do u expect LUKE lol.... how much u have wrapped up in the body and eye milling?