Thread: Washer and Clip removal micromag

Washer and Clip removal micromag

Is there an easy way to remove the clip and washer from a micromag body or any tricks that people kow of?
    (I know how to get one out of a regular body, but there seems to be less space to work with in the micromag...)

The Micromag I had wasn't a Clip it was a press fitted metal sleeve that was shoved up into the body.

Can you post pics to verify it is indeed a clip and ring setup like the ULE's use?

Thanks

Styg
    Sometimes It's Good to be EVIL

I was assuming the clip and washer, but a press fit might explain things. What would be the best way to remove it for re-anno? (I'll try to get a pic tomorrow)

Quote Originally Posted by StygShore
    The Micromag I had wasn't a Clip it was a press fitted metal sleeve that was shoved up into the body.

Can you post pics to verify it is indeed a clip and ring setup like the ULE's use?

Thanks

Styg

yea id like to knwo to i have a micro clone body can they just tape it off ?

if they used a liquid latex or some form of liquid mask they probably could seal it off on the inside.

The clones may not use the same insert either.

Styg

You can use a sealer.

To remove them from the body, you need to pound it out. The best way is to heat the body first. Aluminum will expand at a greater rate than the steel insert. This will remove some of the pressure holding it in place.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.