Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SFL Emag Thread V.3

I've got a dye front somewhere that matches that fade, i'll have a rummage and if I find it its yours!

Attention:

The Black SFL from Shocktech has been stolen from the Shocktech Factory..

For more information goto....
    http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...light=sfl+emag

If you have more information please contact BBT Shocktech.

SFL Mafia lets go get that SFL!

Quote Originally Posted by bunny5
    Attention:

The Black SFL from Shocktech has been stolen from the Shocktech Factory..

For more information goto....
    http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...light=sfl+emag

If you have more information please contact BBT Shocktech.

SFL Mafia lets go get that SFL!

oh my!!! Craigslist here we come

WOW, I use to go to that store all the time and I would always stare at it and just want it. I use to joke with watcher all the time that we should take it, I cant belieave that someone actualy would be low enough to break in and steal something like this... Hopefully they can find whomever did this and get them what they deserve.

I'll be watching craiglist.

Quote Originally Posted by GRimm
    WOW, I use to go to that store all the time and I would always stare at it and just want it. I use to joke with watcher all the time that we should take it, I cant belieave that someone actualy would be low enough to break in and steal something like this... Hopefully they can find whomever did this and get them what they deserve.

I'll be watching craiglist.

I remember the very reason GRimm and I ruled out the possibiity stealing it was the fact that it is so rare. You would never be able to play with it, sell it, part it out, or even show it off without SOMEONE recognising it. That being said, it'd sit in a closet for like 50 years.

Not only is someone a big jerk, someone is very stupid as well. I'll keep watching around for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Watcher
    I remember the very reason GRimm and I ruled out the possibiity stealing it was the fact that it is so rare. You would never be able to play with it, sell it, part it out, or even show it off without SOMEONE recognising it. That being said, it'd sit in a closet for like 50 years.
    The thief may know it's rare and valuable, but surprisingly few people know that there are only 25-30 of them out there. This jerk will get caught, even if the marker isn't recovered... Either that or it'll end up in a shop somewhere, traded in for a 2010 electro-whatever and somebody who recognizes it will inform the owner or something.

That said, I know a person who owns a silver SFL and isn't on this list... He's not even an AO member. I wish I'd encountered this thread before. Should I get pictures? Is this like an ongoing project? I must admit the milling was never my style (though I do respect the awesomeness of the marker) and I readily give the guy crap about it.

*edit: (said in reference to stolen marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Watcher
    Really? Cool. Now I really want to steal it
    AHA!
    Last edited by Frizzle Fry; 09-10-2009 at 01:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry
    The thief may know it's rare and valuable, but surprisingly few people know that there are only 25-30 of them out there. This jerk will get caught, even if the marker isn't recovered... Either that or it'll end up in a shop somewhere, traded in for a 2010 electro-whatever and somebody who recognizes it will inform the owner or something.

All we can do is look and ask around. It'll turn up, I can't see it being in the woodwork for too long, even with the given common knowledge of SFL existance.

I just confused myself. They are saying the shocktech factory was robbed and Manny's SFL went missing, but Manny's SFL isn't at the factory. Last I checked it was at BBT Orland... Unless they moved it back when they moved the store to next-door.
    Last edited by Watcher; 09-10-2009 at 02:25 AM.

Frizzle Fry: Definitely try and get some pictures and valve numbers!! We are trying to figure out the final number of SFLs ever made. Any help would be appreciated!

Watcher: ST hasn't released an official list of markers that has been stolen. But alot of people (such as myself) are assuming it was their collection from World Cup. Hopefully the SFL was tucked away somewhere and not sitting on the black market.

I just hope they don't part out the SFL Body...

Well if it was the store in orland that was broken into then all the perps would have needed to get the sfl would be a ladder... none of their guns on the wall are behind glass, its basically just a giant peg board.

Quote Originally Posted by GRimm
    Well if it was the store in orland that was broken into then all the perps would have needed to get the sfl would be a ladder... none of their guns on the wall are behind glass, its basically just a giant peg board.

Its a peg-board at the factory, but the guns are tethered.

Now my party pooping question.... we all know that E's, X's and SFL's can be out gunned by many other markers out there.... that's not the point.

My question is... Isn't the SFL supposed to be Super F'in Light? Is that now what SFL stood for back in the day? I understand that there are E's, X's, and SFL's and that there are ULE'd versions as well. That said.

What are the weights of the different ones? I know the E's originally have SS bodies. I'm not counting that. I'm thinking of the E's that have had ULE bodies put on em. But what is the weight of the SFL body compared to the X body, compared to the ULE body? What about the frames? There are the CNC frames, the ULE'd frames, etc. Who has the weights for those? I mean are the SFL mags (I'm thinking made from SLUG type bodies) lighter than the X mags?

Just wondering. I mean I am not trying to play down the rarity or the fact that they were at the time marvels in their own right, but were the SFL's made before the X's came out and did the X's cut weight more than the SFL's?

DM

Quote Originally Posted by DevilMan
    Now my party pooping question.... we all know that E's, X's and SFL's can be out gunned by many other markers out there.... that's not the point.

My question is... Isn't the SFL supposed to be Super F'in Light? Is that now what SFL stood for back in the day? I understand that there are E's, X's, and SFL's and that there are ULE'd versions as well. That said.

What are the weights of the different ones? I know the E's originally have SS bodies. I'm not counting that. I'm thinking of the E's that have had ULE bodies put on em. But what is the weight of the SFL body compared to the X body, compared to the ULE body? What about the frames? There are the CNC frames, the ULE'd frames, etc. Who has the weights for those? I mean are the SFL mags (I'm thinking made from SLUG type bodies) lighter than the X mags?

Just wondering. I mean I am not trying to play down the rarity or the fact that they were at the time marvels in their own right, but were the SFL's made before the X's came out and did the X's cut weight more than the SFL's?

DM
    Well you have to remember the order these came out in. The SS Emag came out in 2000, so when the SFL Emag debuted at the end of 2001 it was definetly "So Freakin Light". CnC Xmag circa 2002 came out after the SFL and then the ULE body in 2003. So at the time the name fit the SFL just right.

I will bust out my scale and weigh the 2001 SFL body to the 2002 CnC XMag body later.

Quote Originally Posted by bunny5

21.) Rdb123 (Ex) Pewter SFL

Infamous SFL dropped accidentally dropped it in a lake.
    Original Owner: Johnny Bravo> Rdb123> Sold to Unknown
    Was feeling nostalgic so I decided to visit AO today. Surprised to see this thread!

Anyway, here's some added details about this marker:

***Sometime in early February 2004, I sold this marker to AO username "Jonesie." (link). Through my research (reading his posts here on AO and my use of Google), I found out he is this player on APPA. Since he apparently no longer visits AO, I have no idea what he has done with the marker since then.

When I purchased this marker from Mike Cintek (username Johnny Bravo) sometime in November 2002, it had Shocktech Emag valve EM01569. Yes "Shocktech" was laser engraved into the valve. It also came with the standard Emag board which read "Shocktech X.X" when booted up. It came with a matching 1-piece glued Dye Boomstick which was also pewter. It also only had the single ball detent and did NOT have Level X installed.

A month after receiving the marker, I sent it to AGD to have the ACE installed (first consumer Emag/Xmag/SFL to receive the ACE upgrade) and have Level X installed.

A few weeks after receiving the marker back from AGD, some newbie at the local field accidentally knocked my SFL off the table without the barrel attached. It landed on concrete and barrel area became slightly warped which did not allow a barrel to be screwed in. I then sent the marker for body repair to Doc's Machine to see what he could do. The threads were undamaged so all Doc had to do was shaved off a millimeter of material in front of the threads to allow enough clearance for a barrel to be inserted again. This is obviously a way for this specific SFL to be identified even if the board and valve have been replaced. While the marker was with Doc, I also had him mill out the left side of the breach so I could install dual ball detents.

When the marker came back from Doc, all was well for about 8 months until the infamous "lake incident." Long story short, I was out on the dock with the SFL, got careless, and dropped it into the lake (murky water, maybe twenty feet down). Yes, I know all of you would have searched until it was found, but it was getting dark out and my lake had alligators in it. Before I found the SFL again, a total of around 50hrs had passed with it submerged (there's a thread somewhere on AO about it). Attesting to the durability of an Automag, the only irreparable damage was to the battery pack. The dried out board, solenoid, and valve were all completely fine.

Later that week, I shipped the marker to AGD for a checkup and to have my board flashed to the new software which contained shot buffering. When I received the marker back, the board no longer displayed "Shocktech X.X" it instead displayed "AGD X.X."

Shortly after, I became highly involved in the national tournament scene. I picked up a pewter 2003 Shocktech Intimidator and took the SFL's barrel and used it on the Intimidator since it matched perfectly.

In Febrary 2004, the marker was sold to AO member "Jonesie." It was sold with the original "Shocktech" valve, new shot buffering board, and a generic boomstick (NOT the matching barrel). I then traded the barrel away with the Shocktech Intimidator and have no way of locating it.

I'd be interested in reacquiring my SFL Emag if anyone knows where it is today.

EDIT: I have some high-res pics of my old SFL which I will post if I find them.
    Pewter SFL E-Mag #EM01569
    Pewter Shocktech Intimidator

My Trading Feedback

Extraordinary Traders:
    Johnny Bravo

Good Traders:
    fcpchop, Xerces, Piccolo, hawpunch, Boble86, NCpaintballer, Chupas2, shrapnel, gump1119, Methos, PunkOff, TheFlamingKoosh, RogueFactor, Jonesie

rdb123: Great write up!! I remember the thread when the lake incident just happened. I actually was able to contact Jonesie and he had sold the SFL the same year he bought it (2004?) so as of now there are no leads to track this sfl down. If you have any more pictures feel free to post em up!!

with all these threads coming back and talks about sfl and x-mag I want to have mine back too

SPY 1: there is a nice xmag for sale in the classifieds with your name on it!

hahaha bunny that was a good one lol will take a look at it though

30. Mike Watson's old SFL... EM01608

Quote Originally Posted by rdb123
    Was feeling nostalgic so I decided to visit AO today. Surprised to see this thread!

Anyway, here's some added details about this marker:

***Sometime in early February 2004, I sold this marker to AO username "Jonesie." (link). Through my research (reading his posts here on AO and my use of Google), I found out he is this player on APPA. Since he apparently no longer visits AO, I have no idea what he has done with the marker since then.

When I purchased this marker from Mike Cintek (username Johnny Bravo) sometime in November 2002, it had Shocktech Emag valve EM01569. Yes "Shocktech" was laser engraved into the valve. It also came with the standard Emag board which read "Shocktech X.X" when booted up. It came with a matching 1-piece glued Dye Boomstick which was also pewter. It also only had the single ball detent and did NOT have Level X installed.

A month after receiving the marker, I sent it to AGD to have the ACE installed (first consumer Emag/Xmag/SFL to receive the ACE upgrade) and have Level X installed.

A few weeks after receiving the marker back from AGD, some newbie at the local field accidentally knocked my SFL off the table without the barrel attached. It landed on concrete and barrel area became slightly warped which did not allow a barrel to be screwed in. I then sent the marker for body repair to Doc's Machine to see what he could do. The threads were undamaged so all Doc had to do was shaved off a millimeter of material in front of the threads to allow enough clearance for a barrel to be inserted again. This is obviously a way for this specific SFL to be identified even if the board and valve have been replaced. While the marker was with Doc, I also had him mill out the left side of the breach so I could install dual ball detents.

When the marker came back from Doc, all was well for about 8 months until the infamous "lake incident." Long story short, I was out on the dock with the SFL, got careless, and dropped it into the lake (murky water, maybe twenty feet down). Yes, I know all of you would have searched until it was found, but it was getting dark out and my lake had alligators in it. Before I found the SFL again, a total of around 50hrs had passed with it submerged (there's a thread somewhere on AO about it). Attesting to the durability of an Automag, the only irreparable damage was to the battery pack. The dried out board, solenoid, and valve were all completely fine.

Later that week, I shipped the marker to AGD for a checkup and to have my board flashed to the new software which contained shot buffering. When I received the marker back, the board no longer displayed "Shocktech X.X" it instead displayed "AGD X.X."

Shortly after, I became highly involved in the national tournament scene. I picked up a pewter 2003 Shocktech Intimidator and took the SFL's barrel and used it on the Intimidator since it matched perfectly.

In Febrary 2004, the marker was sold to AO member "Jonesie." It was sold with the original "Shocktech" valve, new shot buffering board, and a generic boomstick (NOT the matching barrel). I then traded the barrel away with the Shocktech Intimidator and have no way of locating it.

I'd be interested in reacquiring my SFL Emag if anyone knows where it is today.

EDIT: I have some high-res pics of my old SFL which I will post if I find them.
    I am pretty sure I just purchased it...

Quote Originally Posted by mostpeople
    Does the barrel area look like it has been shaved down? If so, please post some pictures as I would love to see how she is doing 7 years later.

Quote Originally Posted by mostpeople
    I think you bought Loadsm5's
    I could be wrong.

I'm wanting to buy one at the moment. Let me know if any of you guys are thinking of selling. Thanks!

If anyone has my old polished blue SFL -- which I have no clue what's happened to over the last bazillion years -- I'd love to buy it back for the full fair market value.
    --------------------------------------
    Pre-BE 12v Revolution w/ W.A.S. Turbo+
    (The Real Deal)
    -------------------------------------
    ***Hasty8... "I think paintball would be better served, at this stage in it development, if paintball products stayed in the paintball store." -couldn't have said it better myself ***

Sfl For Sell

i will sell my gun i never used since it's in my hand

http://www.zakvetter.com/pages/paint...-one_sfl2.html

$ 3800.-
    Last edited by motodrom16; 06-28-2012 at 03:36 PM.

i'm still selling my SFL

i never used since it's in my hand

http://www.zakvetter.com/pages/paint...-one_sfl2.html

$ 3800.-
    Last edited by motodrom16; 01-07-2015 at 05:43 AM.

SecondRate Guest
    WoW have things changed around here on AO! I have not been around since Marcia chased me off!

Here is mine. . . . .found it in a dusty box in my attic (looking for legal papers). Hell. . . .had this so long I can't even remember when I got it or from who. . . .

Its fake....
    Last edited by Bunny; 05-31-2017 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SecondRate View Post
    WoW have things changed around here on AO! I have not been around since Marcia chased me off!

Here is mine. . . . .found it in a dusty box in my attic (looking for legal papers). Hell. . . .had this so long I can't even remember when I got it or from who. . . .

Nice!!

Quote Originally Posted by SecondRate View Post

Uh huh......

Btw, I really need to clean up this thread.