Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SFL Emag Thread V.3

Talking

Cool jersey.....I want 1...

AO member 'Law' used to have a SFL. That would have been about 4 years ago. Not sure if he sold it since then. He was in the Milwaukee area.

Bigevil: Good pic!!
    Rudz: Hows the purple sfl treating you??
    skipdogg: Ya, it was a silver>purpleblue> Infection

Quote Originally Posted by bunny5
    Bigevil: Good pic!!
    Rudz: Hows the purple sfl treating you??
    skipdogg: Ya, it was a silver>purpleblue> Infection

My purple people eater doesn't play nice, for some odd reason she doesn't like semi, she bounces a set of double d's, and she's bloody fast, I love it, lolol, and she's still gorgeous, mmmm hmmmm nice and tasty

PsychoBaller Leaves the SFL "Mafia"

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBaller
    This decision has been on my mind for a long time, but it's finally time to say adieu. I said I'd never sell her, but times have changed... I have changed. Expressing the below won't be short and simple, as it isn't by any means .

I've never had a lot of extra $, no more than 4-5 Markers at any one time, not a "marker-whore", and like to keep my collection efficient. If a marker was/is not getting used on a regular basis, it's purged. Surely, if life wasn't as difficult as it is right now, and I had unlimited $, the SFL would never leave my side. There's unfortunately no room for me to keep a paintball marker purely based on sentimental value alone these days. Thus, my SFL E-Mag has been SOLD. A phenomenal shooter, she will be missed dearly.

Got my first Mag in 96', a Classic, then upgraded to a RT Original in 98'. Had a bunch of other markers too, but sold/traded off those two by 02', when I somehow, and luckily, got a hold of the Red SFL E-Mag. She's been my main marker ever since, through the years on 2 all-Mag Tournament Teams, Collegiate level play, to the current Scenario scene.

SFL E-Mag Gallery

I'm one of if not the last original SFL owner's, or at the least, owned an SFL longer than just about any AO'er to date. Being an X-Mag proto-type however, the SFL was plagued with problems at the start of our relationship, unbeknownst to many. When she went down yrs ago at the AO MegaMeet, even Tom Kaye himself didn't know what was wrong with her. Should have worked after replacing everything internally, she just didn't. Good news is that we did eventually diagnose/fix all issues, and since 05', she's been running smoothly at 100%.

Regardless of the initial hiccups, how much I've enjoyed her looks, feel, rarity, and the prestige she's brought... there were always a couple things I secretly disliked, and was jealous of other markers for. Things such as air efficiency, weight, batteries/life/weight, recoil, "chuffing", some other stuff, weighed on my thoughts.

The SFL took a backseat this year, even getting dusty at times after months of non-use. At the start of 08', I picked up what now is my main marker, and ridiculously new favorite, an 04' AKA Viking - AKA DC Viking #1. I'm both happy & sad to say, Vikings are just superior markers in just about all areas (imo), so much so that I spent the last 6months having a 2nd one fully done up - AKA DC Viking #2. Having tried and owned many other electros, I do find it slightly odd that another rare-ish marker replaced the SFL; not as rare, but where the company ceased production yrs ago. Glad it was an AKA though.

Don't bother pm'ing me regarding selling the SFL to you. There will be be NO sale thread / NO ebay auction, as the SFL is already spoken for and will be changing hands this weekend. If he who is acquiring her would like to speak up, he will do so. Many know of him, and I consider him to be one of the most upstanding members in the Paintball Community today, at least that I know of.

Though I was roughly the 200th member to join AO, even before AGD bought this forum, I don't post here as much as I used to... and while it has definitely changed quite a bit from the old days, I will still stop by to see & say what's up.

So that's it... see ya'll when I see ya.

-baller

https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...87#post2571087
    Last edited by bunny5; 10-04-2008 at 10:21 AM.

A-Tach-Ones SFL Collection:

Dust Blue SFL:

Polished Red SFL:

Dust Black to Red SFL:

The Infamous Infection SFL:

SFL Orgy: :

*pictures by A-Tach-One

This is the first time I have posted in a very long time; paintball took a backseat to the wife, daughter, and job for the last few years. I sent my purple SFL Emag to Tunaman about 2 years ago for repair work and then forgot about it until last night. I emailed him this morning so that I can get him paid for the work/storage and get my SFL back home. Hopefully, I hear back soon.

Nick

Primary: Blue to Black Fade C&C Xmag
    Secondary: Purple SFL Emag

Glad to see you back on AO I tried to reach out to find the status your SFL. I tried your LinkedIn account. lol.... Thats a loooong time without thinking about your SFL!! Whenever you get it back please post some pictures!!! thanks!

-Robert
    Last edited by bunny5; 11-12-2008 at 06:18 PM.

Wait... what!?

The other day I went to the shop by me to get some tanks filled and pick up some macro stuff.
    I knew they had an e-mag but I didn't know too much about 'mags at the time and hadn't been in there in a while.
    When I saw this I grabbed my cell phone. Pic is kind of sub-par because I had to zoom in a lot, hopefully you can see it.

It's between the Nova and the Spyder.

They have a lot of cool stuff on their wall: A bunch of Piranha long/short barrels, a pgp or 2, Nelspot 007, a typhoon, some old sterlings, a couple old phantoms, tippmann sl-68 II, tippmann 68 special, Bushmasters, classic 'cockers, etc, etc, and even a 6-pak. I should have snapped that as well.

Its the BBT in Orland, IL. One more for the list, I guess.

That SFL (#20) was actually used in the World Cup by Manny from Aftershock.

Here is a better picture of it...

Bigger Picture.. http://www.pbpixels.com//images/rsga.../random097.jpg

Thanks for the other pictures though!!!

Really? Cool. Now I really want to steal it

Nah, jk.

Next time I'm there I'll snap the 6-pak. I think it is on an Araura (sp?) sterling.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Augiedoggy18
    This is the first time I have posted in a very long time; paintball took a backseat to the wife, daughter, and job for the last few years. I sent my purple SFL Emag to Tunaman about 2 years ago for repair work and then forgot about it until last night. I emailed him this morning so that I can get him paid for the work/storage and get my SFL back home. Hopefully, I hear back soon.

Nick
    gloss purple sfl? yeah, tuna had to beat a few od us back from it with a baseball bat..then he put a bear trap around it...those things hurt...its still there buddy, just alot of drool on it

I am happy (and sad at the same time) to report that Tunaman is the proud new owner of my SFL Emag. With me not getting to play much any more, I thought that my SFL should go to someone who will truly appreciate it. I know he will.

Nick

Don' ask questions. It is considered "trolling" in some locations.
    let the bidding begin

Augiedoggy18: Sorry to hear about that. Hopefully you got well compensated for your loss I just updated the thread and hopefully Tuna will snap some pics for us. If not i'll have to send BigE to break into tunamans lair to snap a couple

MANN: For some reason I think this will be another SFL to be buried with its owner.

The SFL Mafia Strikes again!

Quote Originally Posted by Augiedoggy18
    I am happy (and sad at the same time) to report that Tunaman is the proud new owner of my SFL Emag. With me not getting to play much any more, I thought that my SFL should go to someone who will truly appreciate it. I know he will.

Nick

Now I know why I have Tuna on speed dial...

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil

Now I know why I have Tuna on speed dial...

same here....

Found #22

Emag #22:
    Feel free copy/save/host these somewhere else. Here are the clickable thumbs:
    Last edited by secretweaponevan; 12-12-2008 at 07:49 AM. Reason: correspondence deleted at owner's request.

hmmm that username looks alot like .68 caliber cammandos, a nj team, with several other sfl owners on it, like freedom and bigevil, you guys holding out on us?

Quote Originally Posted by rudz
    hmmm that username looks alot like .68 caliber cammandos, a nj team, with several other sfl owners on it, like freedom and bigevil, you guys holding out on us?
    Not one of our screen names, and I am not holding out - but I cannot speak for Freedom

secretweaponevan: Thanks for the update. Can't wait to see some pictures. That SFL was my favorite one because of the prototype sfl module. It's a shame that someone stole that off of the gun. I will update this thread when we get some pictures and i'll move some stuff around.

Btw, i forgot to pay for my website so they temp. disabled it so no pics right now

Bump.
    Added pics.

secretweaponevan: Thanks for the pics. Looking at it, it is not the SFL Prototype that I thought it was. Looks to be Bigevils Long lost brother.

Edit* lol, i went through some of his posts and found this...

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1489661

I guess I already knew about this SFL... (SN=bunny)
    Last edited by bunny5; 12-09-2008 at 02:10 PM.

Freedom's 2nd SFL Emag

"U got it from "cal 68 team", it took me 6 months of negotiations and he shipped it from germany. He told me the vert breech was "stolen" by a teammate of his and the matching barrel literally fell out of the box during shipping to me.

Welcome to the SFL Hoarders Club. Hopefully the SFL Mafia can hold back all of your new enemies..
    Last edited by bunny5; 02-02-2009 at 09:07 PM.

Welcome to the SFL Hoarders Club. Hopefully the SFL Mafia can hold back all of your new enemies..
    Guess where those pics were taken LOL

update on #3 5-20-9

I know its old news but a few months ago I was given the opportunity to own one of these beauties. I can't say thank you enough Bennett.

She needs some work here and there but the anno is in great condition. Most of the marks are from some kind of glue/adhesive that just needs to be cleaned off.

The rest of my small collection is gloss black but im having trouble convincing myself to strip the stock anno when its in such good shape. Lookin for input.
    Last edited by KCs-RTule; 05-24-2009 at 07:33 PM.

I would say no to stripping it if its in good shape now
    2k2 Angel LCD
    turbo trigger
    CP volumizer
    PIPE KIT

2k Angel CnC LCD
    Vert Frame
    Freak Barrel

B2k x-milled
    micro rock
    Dye sticky 3's
    vertical max-flo
    Edge barrel with blue J&J tip

Egg 2 y board
    Empire Reloader
    Dye Throttle 91/4500
    Crossfire 114ci/3000
    Angel Air Reg

Tuan ball 3 update

BigE asked me to bring the SFL to Tunaball 3. It took some work but she is ready.

Fixed/changed list.
    -Disassembled and cleaned every nook and cranny
    -Replaced bad 18v ace wire
    -Replaced ace to board wires
    -Replaced missing ace stand and hold down
    -Replaced Bad main board
    -Replaced dirty/rusty ball bearings and springs
    -Replaced battery
    -Changed Hall cover
    -Changed mode Switch
    -Changed Grips
    -Changed Ball detentes

Future mods/changes:
    -SFL or Euro Vert breach
    -Shock Tech Valve
    -Black fire-blade/tuna-blade
    -window gloss black grips
    -Blue LCD

5-24-9:
    Last edited by KCs-RTule; 05-24-2009 at 07:55 PM.

KC: Looks great! What happen'd to the SFL Breach? I always thought that one had one. I'll edit the OP in a couple days with a few updates and some new pics!!

Btw, my SFL has been sent to the anodizers...

KC: Looks great! What happen'd to the SFL Breach? I always thought that one had one. I'll edit the OP in a couple days with a few updates and some new pics!!

Btw, my SFL has been sent to the anodizers...
    Thanks for reminding me. Trying to track it down, again. Bennett tracked it down at one point but the guy that has it never got around to shipping it I guess.

I knew you were going to have some work done, congrats. I was thinking of Anodizing as-well but the dark pewter with black accents has really grown on me.