Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "New" chargers for E-mags and X-mags

Dead battery charging took about 3hours to charge. I don't know how long it take with the normal one as I only have a car charger for it but will compare it since I has another battery that need charging and a wall plug someday from KCs.

I am happy for now with it as I once tryed to find a charger for KCs battery nearby and no one had what I need except a shop BUT the charger could of burn the battery if I dont do math corectly and leave it there too long.

Overall it is easy to use, take a while to charge but at least I have my stuff working(well electronic as the project is far from being done and sold the rail + body + valve in waiting for a phoenix body milled for Ace and the board pre-order and getting a brand new valve )

Side note that if it take 3hours to charge a battery in house I don't know if it will be good in car as it not everyone who do 3h drive. Now it a good thing that are e/x-mag have the switch to go on mechanical :P

To compare size
    Last edited by BenoitOWN; 09-01-2008 at 07:31 PM.

I thank you for your honest review and do wait to see yoru further comparison of the two.

and i do see your point on the car charing time. I guess the ability to car charge is more to keep your battery topped off...or atleast give you a bit of power to play for a bit if your in a jam.

really looking forward to someone posting the time to need to wall charge with a standard AGD charger. So that we can see the difference between the two. but looking through the X/E-mag manual, they are stating that it does take about 4 hours to fully charge a battery. but would really love to hear of real world time from dead.

thank you again for your review on the setup and do hope you continue to enjoy and like the setup!

Thanks,
    -Chris
    my feedback:
    AO Feedback
    Ebay Feedback

What I know!!

These rock! Seriously, buy them!

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Trigger
    These rock! Seriously, buy them!

thanks for the greatness. tried my best with getting a nice setup together for people.

but yes, preorder sales are still up and open. please check post #9 and #23 of this thread for better details!

thanks,
    -Chris

Ok so I been doing more pic of what I talked up to now.

This is the said car charger included in the complete package. Now there something I dont know if it good at all that you will see in the next 2 picture. It is that I can plugs the wall charger inside the car charger both way.

Maybe the inside recognize what current it is for the wall plugs.

I guess the ability to car charge is more to keep your battery topped off...or atleast give you a bit of power to play for a bit if your in a jam.
    I don't really know about this as maybe we will found out that are battery is too low on the field and no longuer work so it not everyone who will turn car on for 30min-1h to get some juice to finish the day.

I tryed to see how tight those adapter was, I think it show itself.

Just to compare, there was no way to make this hold without using the screw and is a bit slack.

It dont need the screw as you seen earlier but if you do use it, be ready to force a little at first but after it will be easier and like you can see it thread itself.

The connector have a good grip and can resist when it move around. I didn't try to drop it to see if it resist sudent snap but the wire is long.

Just to compare size again.

hmm

i guess i did skip over that (the car charger).

give me a few moments to post a picture to better explain which way it is to go.

-Chris

**EDIT**

actually seeing that you have the picture of both ways i will point the one out that is correct.

where the LED and thumb spot on the car unit is facing down.

There I am done for now, if you want any more review for other items you have tell me

To be even more complete:
    • How long does it take to charge battery with stock agd charger
    • How it hold it tightness with time because of rubbing
    • Resistance to abuse but I dont really want to do that myself unless I have a dummy

And for the car charger is just if someone don't really think before charging the battery. Because there is no bigger side with those plugs compared to normal electric accesories to plug in wall.

Quote Originally Posted by BenoitOWN
    There I am done for now, if you want any more review for other items you have tell me

To be even more complete:
    • How long does it take to charge battery with stock agd charger
    • How it hold it tightness with time because of rubbing
    • Resistance to abuse but I dont really want to do that myself unless I have a dummy

And for the car charger is just if someone don't really think before charging the battery. Because there is no bigger side with those plugs compared to normal electric accesories to plug in wall.

Again, i really do appreciate yrou reviews on the setup. I hope it better shows to everyone of their workings and how "different" they are. Also, iam pretty sure its answering a good many questions that others are having/had of the setups.

as for it being tight, i made it a bit that way due to its life time of use. after a good many uses, the material on the block where its making contact with the battery pack, will wear away a bit and compact a bit. meaning it will become looser a bit over time.

the second reason, is because of the material used to make them. the material is still shrinking as the checmical bonding is still taking place (hardening/shrinking). the shrinking that will still take place isnt very much, just a very small fraction. but you will tell a difference in a bit of time.

as for the screw.... i was thinking that it was better to make the screw hole a bit because of the reason you have stated. to allow the threading of the hole to be done. and you are correct abotu the time part on that. after a few times of putting the screw in, it will become easy and no real force needed.

oh, and as for testing the ability of taking abuse...already did that testing before selling them. ran it over with a F250 super diesel truck....and it survived without any problem. I gave it to a little kid ( 6 year old) to play with and throw around for a week.......it survived. I even took the glory of throwing it around myself....still without any damage done to it.

so it can deffintly survive the abuse. which is why i went with the material i did to make them.

-Chris

Oh right I didn't read that part on your initial post. Well it got pretty updated too.

Quote Originally Posted by BenoitOWN
    Oh right I didn't read that part on your initial post. Well it got pretty updated too.

sorry about that. just wanted to try and keep all the important info in the first couple post. but yup, plenty of info can be found in them now.

-Chris

still waiting/going to make the third run.

I am still planning on making a third run....just need a few people to get in the pre order.

Thanks,
    -Chris

hey preorder

I'll put in a preorder for a home charging kit in metallic black with the standard wire configuration.

Quote Originally Posted by jlamont2020
    I'll put in a preorder for a home charging kit in metallic black with the standard wire configuration.

PM heading your way.

-Chris

Quote Originally Posted by jlamont2020

still waiting to hear back from you.

Also to make a BIG notice, I will just be doing the preorders in 2 weeks since i dont want to keep any of the pre order guys waiting much longer.

so if you would like to jump into the next (final batch) i will be doing, speak up now.

Thanks,
    -Chris

1 week left before doing the run. anyone wanting to have one made as they wish should speak up and jump into the preorder...

thank you for looking,
    -Chris

Is this the last run of just the "polished" versions, or the last run of all?

last run

this will be the last run i do for a year or two.

-Chris

update

all pm's have been replied to about these that i have recieved before this post.

-Chirs

update

preorder list has been updated.

I will be closing preorders this saturday ( 10/4/08 ) at noon. So if you would like to get one from this last run i will do for a year....time is ticking.

Also, still waiting to hear back from you "jlamont2020".

thank you for looking,
    -Chris

time

just posting that there is less then 24 hours left for ethe closing of the preorders.... closing tomorrow at noon (10/4/08)

-Chris

1 spot open

i know its past the preorder deadline....but i have one spot open for anyone to grab.

so if there is still one more person that wants one.....speak up!

thank you for looking,
    -Chris

PM sent.

Quote Originally Posted by drewkroeker
    PM sent.

PM sent right back your way.

-Chris

Any chance that you might have a battery and/or charger for my emag that I picked up?

Quote Originally Posted by jbuckwheat View Post
    Any chance that you might have a battery and/or charger for my emag that I picked up?
    He hasn't been active on here since 2010. If you post a request in the wanted section odds are people have some available.

Quote Originally Posted by jbuckwheat View Post
    I have one, but it's $950. It comes with a free Etac though.....

Tuna has batteries and chargers. I just made charger tops for him

Damn, I didnt notice the dates. It got my hopes up for a home charger kit.