Thread: ninjas new tank

ninjas new tank

Has anyone tried or even held one yet. Thinking about getting on but was just wondering if anyone here has tried one yet and is the difference very noticeable

This video does a decent job of describing the difference:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amt95...Hp4f_QJf-BE1XQ

Cyco-Dude Guest
    wow, 3/4 of a pound is a lot for a tank.

That's what I was thinking too cyco.

I personally like the comment throwing a fit about how expensive it is. And then the response of. This is cheap. Should have been around back when all the good HPA was 3-500 bux.

What are the upgrades / improvements in the regulator?

I got one earlier this week and played with it today. It is defiantly noticeably lighter than any other tank out there. Only problem was that people kept asking if they could hold it and see for themselves

Quote Originally Posted by Southern wildfire View Post
    I got one earlier this week and played with it today. It is defiantly noticeably lighter than any other tank out there. Only problem was that people kept asking if they could hold it and see for themselves
    A tank cover and tight lips fixes that.

I'm going to wait for a 88 or 90ci as the 68ci doesn't fit right for me when shouldering the marker

i have a ninja 45/45 dura coat..... it is insanity small and i really not use to the weight.... its is like hold nothing lol

It's only a couple ounces lighter than the Dura 45/4500 but comparing apples to apples its like 9-14 oz lighter than other reg/tank setups in the 68/4500 arena
    Sometimes It's Good to be EVIL

Like rt lover said. It's like holding nothing at all

I got to hold it and, the Ninja rep told me that apparently, the europeans have been enjoying this tank standard for a long time no.

Whatever the case, it really is light, Unfortunately, the 45ci size seems to be last on the list.

Anyone know if the bottle is available without a reg?

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Anyone know if the bottle is available without a reg?
    Not from any retailer I've seen thus far. I've been looking.

I watched the ANS video and thought I remember him saying that if you called in they could sell it without a reg?

Any chance you can find that video? I can't seem to locate it on ANS.

Yeah, I'm pleased with my AO/SHP reg, but a lighter bottle would be very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Dayspring View Post
    Any chance you can find that video? I can't seem to locate it on ANS.
    Sorry, had a slight mental lapse. I meant the Hustle video posted at the top of this thread. I watched the end again (about 3:00 in), and after watching it again, he discussed being able to buy the v2 reg separately, and then talked about selecting among the various ninja regs that can be mated to the bottle. No specific mention of bottle only.

Sorry to get your hopes up. Considering that Hustle is offering the bottle with any of Ninja's regs (and I'm assuming they wouldn't be stocking huge piles of pre-built reg/bottle combos for no good reason), maybe worth a call to see if you could pick up bottle only?

You'd probably get a better response calling Ninja directly.

ordered one yesterday with a shp reg should be here by the end of the week, will let you guys know how it goes
    Last edited by astr0xz0mbie; 03-18-2014 at 09:25 PM.

finally got my tank today (damn slow ansgear shipping) it is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy lighter than my old tank. good for making quick snappy shots and the shp pro2 valve is awesome ! makes my mag rip even more even when i get down to 1000 psi it still rips like it was at 4500. i am very pleased with this tank !!! if you dont have one, GET ONE !

Good to hear since I ordered the reg on its own yesterday. Would have liked to get the full setup. But funding.... always funding. I'll buy the bottle later on down the road. Even if I have to deal with ninja and ship the reg to them.

Quote Originally Posted by astr0xz0mbie View Post
    finally got my tank today (damn slow ansgear shipping) it is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy lighter than my old tank. good for making quick snappy shots and the shp pro2 valve is awesome ! makes my mag rip even more even when i get down to 1000 psi it still rips like it was at 4500. i am very pleased with this tank !!! if you dont have one, GET ONE !
    Excellent! I ordered one last weekend from the local shop with the SHP reg.

shp came in!

Shp along with my new ASA and drop came in. I'm posting this here though just to say. I've not used a ninja reg ever. But I can say one thing. This V2 set at 950 flat moves the air. My marker is very reactive. Controllable but reactive. Can't beat it for the price. And it is light
    Attached Images Attached Images  

i got to mess around with one this past weekend as well. i'm definitely in the market for one as soon as they make bigger sizes which my local shop said should be in the next few months.

Question

The lightest tank I have is a 68/4500 Java tank (ninja reg).
    Exactly how much does the new tank weigh ?

Edit: ok the Ansgear YouTube says 1lb 14oz

Last edited by going_home; 04-01-2014 at 11:16 AM.

so i convinced myself to get the new 68/45 bottle with a pro v2 reg. it's only 5oz lighter than my other ninja tank with whatever the old stock reg is.