Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Where Chris Nearchos?

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Thing
    I plan on getting the PA State Troupers on the case then. If they can not help a PI may be a good idea.
    You may want to get a background check run on him before hiring a PI. It will be a lot less expensive and it might actually be faster. The most expensive check on this site is ~$40 and it includes aliases, arrests, bankruptcies, etc...
    Intelius

Ben

well still no word as of right now and as it seems there wont be one in the next few hours, at which time I will be contacting the my local PD and getting this stuff started on my end. Swamp its looking like I may need your information to get this going on my end so hopefully everyone can work together to get this finalized

one question for you law guru's if any term in a contract is broken/not kept up with at any point it is considered breech of contract correct? also if the contract between he and I has been broken do I need to go to the police or should i see legal council or both?
    Last edited by Dend78; 12-08-2009 at 10:47 PM.
    2k2 Angel LCD
    turbo trigger
    CP volumizer
    PIPE KIT

2k Angel CnC LCD
    Vert Frame
    Freak Barrel

B2k x-milled
    micro rock
    Dye sticky 3's
    vertical max-flo
    Edge barrel with blue J&J tip

Egg 2 y board
    Empire Reloader
    Dye Throttle 91/4500
    Crossfire 114ci/3000
    Angel Air Reg

This is surprising for Chris Nearchos, he was a longstanding member of this place so I hope he gets his act together.

Quote Originally Posted by Dend78
    one question for you law guru's if any term in a contract is broken/not kept up with at any point it is considered breech of contract correct? also if the contract between he and I has been broken do I need to go to the police or should i see legal council or both?
    I would persue the police end of things before looking into lawsuit. To be able to take him to court and have a chance of actually getting anything you need to find him. Sure the court may award you the case but without finding him the award is worthless.

As for the legal aspect, seek legal council. They would know the laws in your part of the woods better than someone living in another state.

Quote Originally Posted by wetwrks
    I would persue the police end of things before looking into lawsuit. To be able to take him to court and have a chance of actually getting anything you need to find him. Sure the court may award you the case but without finding him the award is worthless.

As for the legal aspect, seek legal council. They would know the laws in your part of the woods better than someone living in another state.

great thats kind of what I was thinking but I wasnt sure

Quote Originally Posted by mostpeople
    This is surprising for Chris Nearchos, he was a longstanding member of this place so I hope he gets his act together.
    very true thats why it kind of bothers me to go after him like this im almost sure something has happened because normally a person like Chris doesnt just fall out like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mostpeople
    In my eyes,.. Chris is not a "longstanding member".

Hes made some things for sure. But his ability to get a quality product out and keep himself and his work/products on track has been less than good.

Ive had problems with 2 of his products and there is no solution in sight for a fix.

He also went around and negated on a HUGE deal we had between one another. Lots of money was invested on my end. Money that can not come back to me at this point.

~ P8nt

Funny.

I had deals with Chris that went smooth. Then he asked for money to sponsor a project with insane return rates which made me very sceptical about it.

Have I had this gear at his place I would contact any number possible to know what is going on. He was a bright kid finishing university from what I gathered. So either something went insanely wrong or we got fooled badly

Quote Originally Posted by ezcreation
    So either something went insanely wrong or we got fooled badly
    Ok, so you're a mag guy and you want a few X-mags but don't have the $1,200 a piece that they'll cost you... You know enough to tech and do good work, so you do that and talk about the plans you have for projects that seem within the scope of your ability, but make it seem funding is the issue. Then you quietly accept custom X-mags from members, no "threads" involved, and then dissapear off the face of the earth with markers so uniquely custom that you can't sell them but you can play with them at smaller fields where they won't be recognized (plus they're mags, which frankly the mainstream player won't recognize as stolen).

I don't like that theory, but it's like those rich guys who pay theives to steal Picassos and Rembrants and stuff. They know they can't sell it, hell they bought it, and they know they can't hang it where people will see it (even friends and family). It's about knowing you have what others don't.

State Troupers

I got my polcie report in hand and I called the Troupers in the County that Chris Nearchos lived in.

At first they told me it was just a civil matter and I had to sue him.

After a little more converstation they decided to take my report. I have them the details and hope to hear something soon.

Swamp

Don' ask questions. It is considered "trolling" in some locations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry
    Ok, so you're a mag guy and you want a few X-mags but don't have the $1,200 a piece that they'll cost you... You know enough to tech and do good work, so you do that and talk about the plans you have for projects that seem within the scope of your ability, but make it seem funding is the issue. Then you quietly accept custom X-mags from members, no "threads" involved, and then dissapear off the face of the earth with markers so uniquely custom that you can't sell them but you can play with them at smaller fields where they won't be recognized (plus they're mags, which frankly the mainstream player won't recognize as stolen).

I don't like that theory, but it's like those rich guys who pay theives to steal Picassos and Rembrants and stuff. They know they can't sell it, hell they bought it, and they know they can't hang it where people will see it (even friends and family). It's about knowing you have what others don't.
    Chris use to own at least 1 Xmag. (that he purchased years ago)

Quote Originally Posted by MANN
    Now how many does he own?
    Superbolt

That was just a hypothetical. It's more likely that there's some sort of illness or family business involved... His work seemed so promising that I doubt he'd go all "punishers" on everyone. I wonder how much money / how many markers belonging to other people he's got currently, though?

AS FAR AS IM CONCERNED MY ISSUES ARE CLOSED HERE!!!!
    Last edited by Dend78; 12-13-2009 at 12:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dend78
    well lets hash it out a bit

Swamp - 2 xmags, 1 hopper
    P8nt - bits and pieces for the daughter boards and however much $$ he had invested there
    Bunny5 - SFL electronics
    Benoit - emag part cant remember what it was
    me - $825.00

thats just on here those that have spoken up so do the math and you will see a pretty good size number
    Damn... All that and he didn't get any firstborn sons?

Background

I did the background check and it came up for his dad. No current number is listed on the check. Old number is Disconnected.

I may use some of the info to contact his neighbors and pump them for info. Even if they will not give me any he may hear about all his close neighbors being contacted and take it more serious.

If I get no joy from that I want to hire the most intimidating PI and can and get him to try and recover my property.

Swamp

edited out
    Last edited by Dend78; 01-19-2010 at 09:46 AM.

Newspaper

I did a search of his local paper and no stories like Family dies in tragic fire came up with the name Nearchos.

Did not get around to calling his neighbors tonight. Forgot about the time change untill it was too late to be polite on the East Coast.

C Pope

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Thing
    I did a search of his local paper and no stories like Family dies in tragic fire came up with the name Nearchos.

Did not get around to calling his neighbors tonight. Forgot about the time change untill it was too late to be polite on the East Coast.

C Pope
    Wasn't he in college too?

Yes, and i did some research and i believe he is in Shippensburg University, PA

Also he has a facebook, search Chris Nearchos II

did a WHOIS on his domain for that new site, and it has his name but some PO Box in Sunnyvale, CA.

I hope people get in contact with him and even if something tragic happened other then his own death he should give everyone back their stuff and some.

PS Goodluck

Evidene To Contrary

One thing that argues he is still out there is the fact that his PM Box is never full

Swamp

edited out
    Last edited by Dend78; 01-19-2010 at 09:46 AM.

His PBN activity per is profile on PBN is the same. He has not been on there since around the same time. Strange. He really dropped of the face of the earth. Good Luck Guys Keep us updated.

where does he live?
    is his shipping address his home address?
    surely somewhere here on AO is within an hour drive time and could go knock on his door or talk to neighboors

Quote Originally Posted by kwood
    where does he live?
    surely somewhere here on AO is within an hour drive time and could go knock on his door or talk to neighboors
    he lives or lived in Greencastle, PA, if you do a google earth of his addy it takes you out to an unfinished housing development which i know means nothing but still

As for stuff that he has from other people dont forget the whole list of people that sent him boards to make "xmod versions"

he has a threshold board from me

Quote Originally Posted by jade_monkey07
    As for stuff that he has from other people dont forget the whole list of people that sent him boards to make "xmod versions"

he has a threshold board from me

very true what was there 13 different boards or more

Yeah, he has my Tribal BBT frame, board, and backplate...

Don' ask questions. It is considered "trolling" in some locations.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwood
    where does he live?
    I am going to PA on Jan 8th If anyone has his address I dont care to stop and try to talk to him. His house is on the way of where I am going.

I thought he made a post saying that he would be MIA for the next few months some time this summer.

I still dont think that he would just take everyones money and run. Not with everyone knowing his real name.

I am going to PA on Jan 8th If anyone has his address I dont care to stop and try to talk to him. His house is on the way of where I am going.

I thought he made a post saying that he would be MIA for the next few months some time this summer.

I still dont think that he would just take everyones money and run. Not with everyone knowing his real name.
    I think this is the post you are reffering to

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Nearchos
    I am just giving a week notice that next week i will be temporary closing my doors for about 4-5 weeks as i do the hard thinking work of designing 23 different boards for the X-mod project and cracking out 120 E/-Mag boards for P8nt.

But all that have their orders orderd and in contact with me, dont worry, i will finish your orders.

I will be selling the new ACE's for the PTP body though when they are ready (bodies). so don't need to worry there as i already have them ready to go.

So if you need/desire any of my special goodies, you have till 03/21/09 to place the order before i temporarly go closed for 4-5 weeks.

Finally, if you wish to make an "emergency" order during that time though, it will be an additional $20 on top of final total.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but this is extreamly needed in order to get all the new boards done up for X-mod.

Thanks for your time,
    -Chris
    he has since came back then poof gone nothing after 8/25

as for stopping by his place that would be fantastic Mann ill shoot you his addy so you can try to find him. it would be great to know what has happened to him cause as you said i wouldnt think anyone in their right mind with everyone's stuff would just run off like that. im still thinking something has happened. thats why im not beating the guy up and getting super stupid about it. just kind of looking for answers myself.

ill paypal you some gas money if you decide to go MANN.