Thread: Warp "fix" for internal vibe sensor

I wish my grass was Emo so it would cut itself

Warp "fix" for internal vibe sensor

Just as an FYI....

I am sure some of you may know that the internal vibration sensor in the warp feed actually makes connection with the board through two small springs. Upon recieving the warp I just bought used and realizing it was not working properly I started to investigate a bit. I found that the PC board screws were not installed, and thus those connecting springs were also gone.

After sweating over it thoroughly for a bit, I came up with a great and easy quick solution.
    The two screws that hold the PC board in are the same as the small screws that hold a motherboard inside a computer case. So that was an easy remedy. The springs, on the other hand, turned out to be more of an issue. I hunted around for a minute at the local harware and could not find anything suitable. As I was sitting here messing around, I realized that the striker spring for one of the cheap off brand lighters available at any corner store is the right diameter. I cut the spring down into two small 3/16 or so sections, and they worked GREAT.
    They are a bit longer than the stock springs. The best I could tell the stock ones have flattened ends on either side. I was going to end up with a loop on one end either way I went about it, so I cut them a 16th longer to allow for the lack of the complete loop to make connection through.

Seems to work great so far.

you can get new springs from AGD too. but that sounds like it works for you!

ok I have the springs from when I took it apart months ago

and it didn't matter as I was useing it on an emag(with warp harness)

however now that I am putting it back on a mech mag I can't figure out where the springs go for the life of me.

And the agd diagram is like 2 kb in size and he resolution is horrible I can't figure out where they go.

Anyone have a pic?