Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Cheater!

considering the next batch seems to be filling fast put me down as well

ME WANT ME WANT ME WANT

Quote Originally Posted by ZapTheMad
    Well, lucky for me I have a back up plan. If all else fails run to Mexico and deal drugs!!!

Seriously though, my bro is gonna help if this goes crazy. He is going to school right now and not working. We have often talked about going into business together. Hopefully this is our ticket!

First day is looking good. Keep the orders coming!
    Good to hear!

One thing, have you tried putting too much pressure through it? im sure it will happen at some point by accident by someone, probably me. just curious what would happen

I would like to be on the waiting list as well for ONE.

Are these the only pneumag setup devices that allow the stock safety to properly function?
    Pewter SFL E-Mag #EM01569
    Pewter Shocktech Intimidator

My Trading Feedback

Extraordinary Traders:
    Johnny Bravo

Good Traders:
    fcpchop, Xerces, Piccolo, hawpunch, Boble86, NCpaintballer, Chupas2, shrapnel, gump1119, Methos, PunkOff, TheFlamingKoosh, RogueFactor, Jonesie

Quote Originally Posted by rdb123

Are these the only pneumag setup devices that allow the stock safety to properly function?
    Nope, if you make your own like I did for my first one or some one does it right for you, you can use the safety w/o changing anything.

The Cheater is compatible with your safety switch and the gun will not fire with the safety on.

PMing, please add me to the waiting list...

Quote Originally Posted by TwilightG
    Keyword "only."

Keyword "only."
    ... minor detail

is there a way to magnet mod these at all for the trigger return like on the cyberwave kits?
    or is that what the little spring is for?

I would like to be added to the waiting list. Do I need to PM? And can these be used with a Chimera frame? I would be willing to send mine in to have it fitted.

Quote Originally Posted by kwood
    is there a way to magnet mod these at all for the trigger return like on the cyberwave kits?
    or is that what the little spring is for?
    I know that the new Emancipator frame uses a magnet return (setup like E-Mag frame, above the trigger). I suppose if you're handy enough, you should be able to do the same for most other frames.

cyberwave
    Not again... lol

Quote Originally Posted by TwilightG
    I know that the new Emancipator frame uses a magnet return (setup like E-Mag frame, above the trigger). I suppose if you're handy enough, you should be able to do the same for most other frames.
    i must have missed that on the description of that frame

Inbox is full. I will go thru it and clean up when I have some time. Probably over the weekend. Trying to get a bunch done to ship Sat. Will announce what order numbers shipped when they go.

<--- WORLDS FASTEST MARKER!

Watch me OUTSHOOT a Victory Board HALO

No Patent Infringements needed

if there is a waiting list for the next run please add me to it

manwe33 is offline Waiting 4 my LogicRipperEM Feedback Score 1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PBChappy
    if there is a waiting list for the next run please add me to it
    Same here. i would like to be on the next list

Sweet looking gadget. This would be enough to push me into the pneumag camp.

Mind if I post a wish list here?

1) Can you do it out of aluminum? Every bit of weight helps, and it'd be awesome if you could get an anodizing on this.

2) Any chance of the next batch coming out in time for Christmas?

A Monkey, a glass of water, and a perfectly adjusted valve spring tension.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0fOGZXHZMF0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0fOGZXHZMF0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Dunk testing is now performed on all orders. The fun part is finding the happy spot where the spring gives just enough tension to make a seal without adding more than neccessary to the pull weight. I set the spring kind of hard in the end to keep it short and give you the idea. Your own Monkey Business may vary.

Shipping is delayed until the stainless steel comes in for new trigger pins. I was using a tool grade steel. Decent corrosion resistance but it can rust if left without attention. Shouldn't be any problems with stainless and it has better anti friction properties.

Production Update: Wasted too much time dunking around. Going to machine the rest of the blanks and start getting them ready for the dunk fest.

Quote Originally Posted by Newt
    Sweet looking gadget. This would be enough to push me into the pneumag camp.

Mind if I post a wish list here?

1) Can you do it out of aluminum? Every bit of weight helps, and it'd be awesome if you could get an anodizing on this.

2) Any chance of the next batch coming out in time for Christmas?
    I can do them in aluminum but I prefer brass for durability and wear resistance. There's not much weight to it. If you have a special project and want to anno a Cheater to match let me know. If there is enough interest I'll run a batch in aluminum. But it might not still be there 1000 years after they bury you.

Chances are good for another batch before x-mas

Depends on the aluminum you're using. The 7075 or even 6061 alloys are very durable. The former is comprable to a good mild steel. It will certainly outlast a brass part, especially in a wear environment or when dealing with threading under tension or set screws.

This is definitely on the top of my Christmas list.

Hi Zap, I had pm'ed u yesterday. I know things are crazy for you, but just wanted to be added to the list for the next available ones and get a time frame on when the next set of orders might be taken. Thanks a ton!!! and these things are SWEET!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Newt
    Depends on the aluminum you're using. The 7075 or even 6061 alloys are very durable. The former is comprable to a good mild steel. It will certainly outlast a brass part, especially in a wear environment or when dealing with threading under tension or set screws.

This is definitely on the top of my Christmas list.
    I was originally using 6061. I decided to change to brass because the trigger rod only has about .200" of support in the metal and needs to stay aligned fairly well. I feel brass is better here for it's bushing like properties with a steel rod sliding through it. At one point I considered adding a bronze bushing to an alumium part. This way is much easier.

Okay, I can see the reasoning there. Aluminum will be at least as good if you get it hard anodized (much tougher and slicker than the decorative anodizing we usually see), but brass does have that "off the machine" slickness.

I'd also like to be added to the list as well.

I'll take one on the next go round. Money is now waiting for your say-so.

Chances are good for another batch before x-mas
    Okay, put me on the "December-ish batch" list. I won't even try to convince the wife to let me buy one now (because I agree with her, pnu-ing my mag is not as important as paying rent), but Christmas is workable.

Tracking shows my metal order coming in on Thursday. I have the bodies about 80% complete. Good thing I was able to cut a couple extra from the left over nub of brass. Some did not make it thru due to a misaligned hole. So much for rushing! I'm taking my time to make sure everything else goes right.

I should have a majority ready to go when the metal comes in. The hardest part is the bodies and they are almost done. The other parts just need a few set up changes each and don't take as long. I think I will have all the other parts completed and be in the middle of assembly on Thurs. Grinding the trigger pins is easiest and done last anyway so that won't take long. I will get out what I can Fri afternoon and expect Priority Mail deliveries to start arriving the following Monday.

Taking the rest of the weekend off. See you next week!

interesting thought..... i could pnue my benchmark single trigger frame maybe u said fitable ? i use single trigger benchies would this be any use ? and would it just slide in ? something to look into maybe i should keep my micromag with groovy frame after all.... but 2 emags one with xmod one with pred code a longbow and a t9 rifle seems a bit much to keep my micro also LOL

Tracking shows my metal order coming in on Thursday. I have the bodies about 80% complete. Good thing I was able to cut a couple extra from the left over nub of brass. Some did not make it thru due to a misaligned hole. So much for rushing! I'm taking my time to make sure everything else goes right.

I should have a majority ready to go when the metal comes in. The hardest part is the bodies and they are almost done. The other parts just need a few set up changes each and don't take as long. I think I will have all the other parts completed and be in the middle of assembly on Thurs. Grinding the trigger pins is easiest and done last anyway so that won't take long. I will get out what I can Fri afternoon and expect Priority Mail deliveries to start arriving the following Monday.

Taking the rest of the weekend off. See you next week!
    Are these the orders that have been placed already? Just curious if you are taking more orders. I can send payment whenever you want. Thanks!!!!

I'd definitely be down for the next set of orders as well. Just let me know what to do.

Zap,

do you have any updates for me?
    thanks