Thread: My new project...EtekMag

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My new project...EtekMag

Okay, there's no way in Hades that this is close to as nice as other people's Ego/EtekMags (kenjay comes to mind), but I had an extra Mag and needed a project to tinker with. I've got everything but the proper sized solenoid for this thing. (I have one, but it's too big to fit in the frame. ) Really the only things I had to do were drill the back of the frame for the valve screw and drill another hole in the rail a bit more forward so the asa fit. Hopefully I'll be able to get the solenoid soon and get her up and running.

I have the solenoid you need, PM me if you would like to purchase one.

Nice job!

The only thing I don't like about the Tippman LPR is that there is no on/off. I Like to bleed the air from my guns when not in use. Just my preference.

Quote Originally Posted by Loguzzzzzz
    I have the solenoid you need, PM me if you would like to purchase one.

Nice job!

The only thing I don't like about the Tippman LPR is that there is no on/off. I Like to bleed the air from my guns when not in use. Just my preference.

Thanks. Yeah, I'm not sure if I'm going to be keeping the Tippmann ASA, though it is nice that everything is all in the frame. So theoretically I'd be able to just remove the entire frame, asa and all and put on a trigger rod and another AGD frame and be good to go Mech style. Wouldn't have to worry about hoses through the rail or anything. Though, I suppose just having an asa with an LPR off the side...

I'm going to PM you about the noid with an offer.

Lookin good. I need to put mine together and get some pics.

Well, got this thing up and running! Seems to be going well so far. Here's a short video of it shooting. (Warning, extremely BAD video, view at your own risk).

Yeah, like I said, bad video. Taken on my cell phone in my garage with nothing but a 60 watt bulb for light. Anyway, forgot to thank Koleah for the soon to be rail I'll have on there and Toll for the piston (wish I would have been able to use the noid too ) The rail coming in is ULE'd, and I think I'll be able to fit the solenoid inside one of the voids in the rail so everything isn't so crammed inside the frame. I think the board is stuck right now on a 10 bps cap, I just need to print out the pages from the Etek manual and mess with it for a bit to get the settings how I want them. Though, I've got this running on a Classic Valve using an RT on/off, so SUPER high rates of fire are really not that important to me. Really this was mainly about having a little project.

But that's that. I'll be playing at the Davis Big Game on the 2nd and should be able to put this one through it's paces, as well as my Cheater mag. Should be able to get some better video (at least some outside in real light). Hope to see some of you there.

I guess the solenoid made it to you OK, the PO would not let me get Delivery Confirmation. They said that the envelope was too thin. FIrst time I have ever heard that one. Glad to hear that you got it.

I am sure you will love it. Everyone that I have built one for tells me that tthey are their new "Go To" marker.

I will be at Davis for the 2nd and I will have my Emaggos there too.