Thread: Is it just me....

Is it just me....

Or does AO go down all the time? Sometimes I'll be in the middle of writing a nice lengthy PM, and when I try to send it, the forum goes down and I lose everything I wrote. Does this happen to anyone else? What in the world causes this, because I'm sure it's not from too much traffic!

[Mods, if this belongs in the off-topic forum, I apologize]

It seems to goes down like clockwork around 12 midnight. More then likely for backup.

Try hitting back and then just wait for it to go up, then send, that's what i've done.

i've actually gotten in the habit of ctrl+A, ctrl+C before I click send in pms/emails/posts/facebook messages. I've lost too many long messages due to stupid internet flukes and what-not.

yup!! If it happens, just go back and select all and copy your text and resubmit... do it until AO comes back up... Or you can copy and paste it into your notepad program as well just in case.

I think it goes down, because they have to open the gates to kick the trolls out and so you gotta make sure that only 1 door at a time is open so you don't get a vacumn like cross flow of air or something...

Seems to work so far...

DM

Exclamation

Dont know if its so, but I've heard the forum software has updates available,
    but hasnt it been updated in many years, for whatever reason(s).
    And that because its outdated software the forum freezes up every so often.

I dont know, but I've been told...........