Thread: An apology from Pudgey51

An apology from Pudgey51

Dear Members of AO:
    For those of you that were around a couple years ago, you may remember me, Pudgey51. I frequented these forums asking questions, buying gear, and generally soaking in as much info as I could. I was also involved in quite a few pre-orders which is mainly why I'm posting today.
    A little over two years ago, I made the choice to enlist in the military and within a few weeks I was away at basic training. Upon completing basic, I reported to my duty station and pretty much all but forgot paintball as we prepared for a deployment. I had not been on this forum in so long that when I logged in yesterday I found a message from Dend78 from about a year and a half ago. Needless to say, I was embarrassed. I'm embarrassed because I was involved in a pre-order on the micromag 2009 bodies and had not been present when money was needed to collect and they needed correct numbers, and I realized this wasn't the only pre-order I was involved in that escaped my memory.
    So I write all you fine players today to one, asking your forgiveness in what I'm sure seemed like me flaking out on orders. I assure you I did not intend for it to be this way. Two, to make good on the promises I made. If you were the OP of a pre-order and I signed up and you held on to the goods hoping I would come along again, I will make good by purchasing said item. That doesn't mean I won't be checking my past messages to see exactly what I did and did not sign up for, so those of you thinking your gonna shame me into buying some piece of junk you have lying around can forget that. Lastly, I ask for a second chance. When I return to the states I plan on playing a lot more and hope to be a regular on these forums. I have a lot of mag parts lying around and plan some great projects with them and will need the expertise of all the great minds here. I understand it may take some time to earn all the trust back that I was working so hard on gaining around here but I am up for the challenge if you will allow me to. AO has always been one of these most helpful places for information regarding paintball and in particular the AGD line of markers, I hope you will allow me to start where I left off in being a productive member of this illustrious forum.

Most sincerely,
    Pudgey51

Well welcome back, I know how it is when you enlist and get sent right away. You forget about everything until you finally get to relax. I've been there. You should be able to settle up with all your previous deals. Just takes time. If you weren't around when it was finished im sure someone was just waiting for that opportunity to get the product.

Even though I'm a brazilian, I do support your country in the fight for good (well, half of my family lives in the US, all of them are citizens, including my two sisters) so I understand your motives and believe you don't have what to be ashamed of. It would be another thing if you were selling parts and just stoped being productive on the forum, taking people's money and not delivering it but, as a buyer, I really don't see a problem there.

Now, regarding your message, I really have to tell you that I LOL'd at the following sentence:

"so those of you thinking your gonna shame me into buying some piece of junk you have lying around can forget that"

Welcome back and congrats for your duty in the army.

Wow,

Its this kind of morality that seems to be a popular trait amongst most members here. I compliment you on your sense of responsibility and duty to make things right. I feel this makes you a true member of this forum after your honest apology and self imposed restitution. I dont know you but support your effort and admire your approach, this is what this forum is all about!

Regards
    Sheister

Bet your not pudgey anymore, LOL.

I am currently in Korea but if you need anything, or just want to talk to a crusty old SFC not in your chain of command feel free to send me a PM. I will be happy to give you my AKO or skype. Chris

This is why I love AO, full of good, honest people!

Thanks guys! It really means a lot to be welcomed back into such a great group that has been so welcoming since the day I joined. I appreciate it. I also wanted to say thanks for the support you guys are throwing my way for my duty for my country. It means a lot to me.