Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Emag triggers

Somebody PM me when we figure out if these work or not....

Quote Originally Posted by bunny5
    Interested in a G-Barb trigger... I am interested in the prototype testing though. LMK what you guys find.
    What this guy said. Hell, send me one and I'll test the hell out of it, give you a full report of what might need adj or fixing.

no doubt!
    very interested in buying one,
    but would be nice to hear that someone tested it with flying colors

Any updates on this yet? Very interested.

Just got back in town yesterday. Did a bunch of crap around the house, caught up on sleep, got raady for work, then started troubleshooting. Finally figured out why my gun would not fire in electric mode. I fixed that, then started tuning the trigger...and it ROCKS!. Using the small set screw and the longer magnet, I was able to get it all set up perfectly. Didn't take much time at all. The only problem I ran into is when the gun fires, I noticed that the magnet would sometimes jump out of the back of the trigger. All that needs to be done is to either glue the magnet to the set screw, or put a piece of tape on the backside of the trigger. I started off trying to use the small magnet. After messing around with it for a while, I realized that it wasn't going to work. It was too small and weak. By the time you got it close enough to trip the HES, the magnet was almost completely out of the adjustment hole. The magnet did not have enough strength to stay magnetically attached to he set screw once the gun fired. I let off a 3 round burst, and the gun would not fire in electric mode after that. Come to find out, the magnet had flew out of the trigger and onto he floor. After another 5 minutes of adjustment (using the short screw and long magnet), and the trigger is now VERY sensitive. Maybe some of he rocket scientists I work with will have something I can use to measure just how sensitive this trigger is. Judging by the feel of the trigger on one of my Tribals (trigger activates a 25 microgram switch), I would dare say the pull on this trigger is significantly less than 25 micrograms, and doesn't travel more that 1/64th of and inch before firing. There is a miniscule amount of left to right play in the trigger. The only thing I would change in the design is the size of the setscrew for the sear. When firing the gun, you may notice that the plunger on the sear does not always reset to the exact same position. If you set the trigger up too tight (in mech mode), the set screw will touch the plunger, but after a shot or two, the plunger will not align properly with the set screw. If the set screw were a litte larger, it would mitigate this problem by giving the plunger more surface area to make contact. Not really a problem, though. If you run into this situation, all you have to do is back the setscrew out about half to maybe a whole turn. Seriously, this trigger is awesome. The craftsmanship is excellent. Functionallity is excellent. It looks beautiful, and feels great. Don't hesitate to buy one. If anyone has any questions, post them here and I will gladly answer them.
    Last edited by Ratt; 11-15-2010 at 02:34 AM.

Talking

Okay so now we know they work

Sweet!!! Now I have to decide which design I want

Okay, there is one small problem with the magnet. I mentioned before that while firing, the magnet separated from the set screw, and pop out the back of the trigger, then reattach itself to the set screw. Eventually, this separation will cause the board to freeze up, due to the magnet getting too close to the HES. We need to find a way to keep the magnet attached to the set screw. I took my set screw and magnet out, applied a dab of super glue to the set screw, then attached the magnet to the screw. Let it dry, the reinstalled the set screw/magnet. After a few shots, the magnet once again detached itself from the screw, causing the board to freeze up. We need to find a way to securely attach the magnet to the screw. I could apply a piece of tape to the back of the trigger, but I feel we need find a more permanent solution. I think the best way would be to have a magnet that is threaded the same size as the set screw hole, but I don't know how feasable that is.
    I noticed another thing while tinkering. The bottom of the set screw is concave, meaning that the magnet has minimal surface contact with the screw. I am going to try to flatten out the bottom of the screw with a file or dremel, and see if that helps the magnet stay attached to the screw. I will work on this more when I get home tonight. In the mean time, does anyone have any other ideas?

He didn't use a stock ADG trigger magnet assy? That would be the best thing to do. You could pull the magnet assy out of your old trigger and install it in the carbon fiber trigger.

You will need to file it down for sure. One of the issues i had with magnet mods for pneus was the same. I stared fileing down the contact surface to get better grip for the super glue to hold to. Let it dry for 15 mins before you tinker to let the glue harden properly and, It will help A LOT!!!
    Zero Gravity Customs

Play hard or go home......
    My feedback
    https://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=129891

Quote Originally Posted by Ando
    He didn't use a stock ADG trigger magnet assy? That would be the best thing to do. You could pull the magnet assy out of your old trigger and install it in the carbon fiber trigger.
    I thought about that. But after comparing the CF trigger to a stock AGD trigger, I don't think the stock AGD trigger magnet assy would work in the CF triggers (at least not the G-spot model). The trigger is quite narrow, and I bet the AGD magnet is much wider than the trigger itself. I believe in order to use the AGD magnets, he would have to redesign/beef-up the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratt
    I believe in order to use the AGD magnets, he would have to redesign/beef-up the trigger.
    He might just have to if he's wanting to sell them

Quote Originally Posted by cyberave68
    You will need to file it down for sure. One of the issues i had with magnet mods for pneus was the same. I stared fileing down the contact surface to get better grip for the super glue to hold to. Let it dry for 15 mins before you tinker to let the glue harden properly and, It will help A LOT!!!
    I will do this this evening (maybe do it on my lunch break). Thanks Cyber.

Quote Originally Posted by Ando
    He might just have to if he's wanting to sell them
    I don't know about that...I mean, other than the magnet not staying attached to the screw, the trigger is about as perfect an after-market trigger as you are gonna get. I wouldn't mess with the design of the trigger at all. I would just focus on getting the magnet and set screw to stay together. Once that hiccup is fixed, these triggers will be, IMHO, perfect. Now, to help sell them, I think it is in his best interest to have this snag fixed. Some people might be put off by the thought of spending $60 on a trigger, then having to modify the screw once they get it.
    Something else worth mentioning - While these magnets are not as strong as the AGD magnets (and in my opinion, they don't need to be), they seem to be a lot sturdier. What I mean is, if you have tinkered with an Emag long enough, you will notice that the stock magnets have a thin metallic coating. Once that coating wears/rubs off, the magnet itself will start to flake/peel apart. It doesn't look like these magnets will have that problem. Maybe acidcustom can confirm/deny that notion...?

Alright guys...I figured it out. The problem is the set screw. NOT because it is concave, but because it is some wierd alloy, which was not very magnetic. I found another set screw (scavenged it off of one of my Tribals), and put the magnet up to it. I immediately noticed that the magnet had a much stronger attraction to it. I put the set screw and magnet into the trigger, turned the gun on, and let it rip on full auto. Not once did the magnet detach from the screw. So...all that needs to be done is to use a set screw made of a different material (iron, steel, etc...). I am not sure what the screw I used is made of, but it is black in color, vice chrome/nickel like the one Acid sent with the trigger.

Talking

what are the set screwa thread size? length?

Quote Originally Posted by Rudz
    what are the set screwa thread size? length?
    Acid will need to verify this, but I think they are 8/32, coarse threaded, 0.4 inches in length, oxide coated. But with that length, some of the set screw will stick out of the front on the trigger, so you need the next size smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratt
    Alright guys...I figured it out. The problem is the set screw. NOT because it is concave, but because it is some wierd alloy, which was not very magnetic. I found another set screw (scavenged it off of one of my Tribals), and put the magnet up to it. I immediately noticed that the magnet had a much stronger attraction to it. I put the set screw and magnet into the trigger, turned the gun on, and let it rip on full auto. Not once did the magnet detach from the screw. So...all that needs to be done is to use a set screw made of a different material (iron, steel, etc...). I am not sure what the screw I used is made of, but it is black in color, vice chrome/nickel like the one Acid sent with the trigger.

Hey guys
    The screw are not a weird alloy, they are just 304 stainless steel and the thred is 8x32 you could just get a normal BLACK steel one or once you have found your perfect sweet spot just superglue the magnet into the trigger and it wont move again

john

Talking

Thanks

I hope I have money for one of these soon

Any news? I need to buy myself a Xmas present soon.

Double-post.... I bought one anyway... I'll post up with a review once I get it in my possession....

Triple Post!

I received my trigger from Acidcustom and installed it on my sfl. Since the trigger is long I had a tough time installing it in the trigger guard. I had to install the trigger from the top of the frame to bottom of the frame instead bottom to top. (hopefully that makes sense....)

I had no issues with my marker detecting a trigger pull or anything with the sensitivity with the magnets.

AcidCustom:
    Communication: Fast responses! Always replied to my PMs.
    Quality: Top notch, no blemishes at all.
    Overall: I'm happy Now I need to figure out another design that I want.....

Talking

Dude that looks Fing sweet, yeah I still don't know what Fing design I want.....grrrr

is the magnet placement the exact same as stock e-mag triggers?

let me know please.

and it has trigger stops?

thankyou
    knownothingmags.

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags
    is the magnet placement the exact same as stock e-mag triggers?

let me know please.

and it has trigger stops?

thankyou
    knownothingmags.
    YES TO BOTH

john

Ill take one

PMed

trigger setup

what the design for the HES was for the screw and magnet to be adjusted to where you want then take the trigger out and apply super glue to the magnet and the hole and then drop the magnet in this will then be set in place and should come out at all but also if this isnt OK I will use plain steel screws with the backs flattened so the magnets will stick to them

john

Quote Originally Posted by acidcustom
    what the design for the HES was for the screw and magnet to be adjusted to where you want then take the trigger out and apply super glue to the magnet and the hole and then drop the magnet in this will then be set in place and should come out at all but also if this isnt OK I will use plain steel screws with the backs flattened so the magnets will stick to them

john
    the second idea will probably work just fine

cant wait to get mine

Talking

John said my "forsaken" trigger shipped today, I cant wait

Talking

Got my trigger from John wends, glued the top magnet on yesterday, tested the trigger and the magnet seemed too longl because when the he's activated the set screw was almost all the way out

I grinded down the magnet, put blue loctite on the set screw and adjusted untill it was very very very very sensitive

Fits great, NO side to side play, No issue getting the trigger pin in and out multiple times

Beautiful looking trigger, I love it

John is using black set screws with flat backs, so the magnet sticks to it well

I only wish John included more magnets to adjust the strength of the opposite magent in the frame, I salved some magnets off old triggers for a very snappy trigger pull

I had two triggers that were supposed to get sent out on the 3rd as well. Been expecting it sometime this week but haven't seen anything yet, hopefully it hasn't been lost en route .
    No gun