Thread: Are you clipping and braking with your Level 7? Quad-ring power tube tip as well

Are you clipping and braking with your Level 7? Quad-ring power tube tip as well

I tried a test with a dual quad ring power tube tip, level 7 bolt and the increase in velocity was 30 fps. That is a huge increase. I also rounded off the end of the Level 7 bolt to look like a 10 and no more clipping the next ball in the stack. The bolt slides like butter on the quad rings and after many hoppers at 25+ bps the orings are still there and like new. Funny thing is that this is the most promising result I have gotten yet. I tried the same thing with regular orings and they got destroyed in a single hopper, also the increase was gone for the most part after several shots.

There is enough resistance to hold the bolt but not interfeer with speed of the bolt. A firm shake and the bolt will fall off

Someone PMed me wanting one of these tips moded and I just got it figured out with my equipment. If you see this PM me again.

Looks good. I guess i'll need to send you a bolt and tube tip to mod.

Make sure to turn your spring around. You have it on backwards.
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

Thanks, had no idea how it should go after a snip.

How are the rings holding up, Im very interested in this mod. how much to have a tip modded?

How much are the o-rings? like if I replaced them every other game or something.

What size rings are you using?

I would like to hook up with him again too. What a great dude.

last time I spoke to him he was doing up a car

Quote Originally Posted by renie View Post
    last time I spoke to him he was doing up a car
    looks like he is working on a boat. according to his youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/user/hill160881/videos

Is there anybody on here that would be willing to do the powertube tip mods?

I asked about this a while back, regarding the L10 bolt:

https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...ng-for-the-L10

Figured to cut a groove for an internal o-ring on the rear of the bolt, which should help with efficiency, smoothness, and above all, help mitigate wear on the power tube. It's one of two real issues that bug me about mags, the other being sear/bolt wear. I've figured out how to completely eliminate the latter, and would love to turn the sights on the former. Don't own a lathe, or would do it myself.

No one bit back then, but who knows? Sometimes the tinkering bug takes a while to catch.

Quote Originally Posted by river031403 View Post
    Is there anybody on here that would be willing to do the powertube tip mods?
    I'd be interested, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Menace_AO View Post

Figured to cut a groove for an internal o-ring on the rear of the bolt, which should help with efficiency, smoothness, and above all, help mitigate wear on the power tube. It's one of two real issues that bug me about mags, the other being sear/bolt wear. I've figured out how to completely eliminate the latter, and would love to turn the sights on the former. Don't own a lathe, or would do it myself.

No one bit back then, but who knows? Sometimes the tinkering bug takes a while to catch.
    I am very interested in your findings on sear/bolt wear.

Quote Originally Posted by Menace_AO View Post

As am I.

Whoa!

Sorry to have missed these posts. Have been busy and ill of late.

The process is exceedingly labor-intensive, and I'm still conducting testing with as many variables as possible, but yes, in the setups tested thus far, bolt/sear wear is now a thing of the past.

My most heavily used setup is now running well over 50,000 shots with zero wear on bolt or sear, and the other setups, while lower in mileage, are also pristine.

The problem is making sure the principle is fully understood, and works across all possible variations and platforms.

Moreover, I've no interest in performing this as a service owing to the time, labor, and irritation involved, but as the final results are well worth the initial effort (if you care about such things), once all the data is in, and the practice confirmed beyond reasonable doubt, I'll be happy to let it out for public consumption, with the caveat that it's an at-your-own-risk kind of mod.

Basically, if done right, the sear and bolt become immortals.

If done wrong, they become memorably extinct.