Thread: Photobucket

Photobucket

Took a dump on everyone and killed links without $300 or 400 a year. We lost a mess of MOTM photos from the current MOTM as well as the MOTM past winners.

What are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post

What are you talking about?
    Take a look at everything 2011 on...

https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...-*-New-Version

All my links are:

And others are having the same issues:

https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...48#post2911548
    Last edited by wetwrks; 07-01-2017 at 01:29 PM.

I can still pull pics from mine. It might be a usage issue. Post a lot of pics, bring in a lot of traffic, you will have to pay for it.

Yeah, it used to be a good hosting site, but gone down hill.

Here is what their rules now state:

Visiting : There is no cost to visit the Site or to register as a Member.

Free account : Each individual Member gets one free account that provides 2 GB of free storage or space available for your original photo files, or videos under 10min. The free account does not allow any image linking or 3rd party image hosting. If a free account Member exceeds their Content Limit, their account will be immediately suspended and they will need to become a “Paying Member” (defined below) in order to continue accessing their account. You can upgrade to a Plus account at any time.

Ad-free Account : The Ad-free Account offers Members the ability to use the Site without seeing any third party banner advertisements when logged into your Ad-free Account (note, viewers of your images within Photobucket will see ads unless they, too, have Plus accounts and you will continue to see Photobucket offers and announcements). This account level is available for $2.49 / month, payable by the Member on a monthly recurring basis.

Plus Account : The Plus Account offers several paid options that may give the Paying Member more storage, bandwidth, 3rd party image hosting, image linking and/or other services as outlined below. Once and during such period of time in which you subscribe to and pay for a Plus Account, we will consider you a "Paying Member." Please note that all Plus Account subscriptions are billed annually at the commencement of the service. Photobucket may also offer a monthly billing option for its Plus Accounts (see terms and restrictions, below).

Available Plus Account Plans : Photobucket offers the following Plus Account Plans:
    o Plus 50 Plan: 52 GB of Storage for $59.99 / Year. The Plus 50 Plan does not allow any image linking or 3rd party image hosting.

o Plus 100 Plan: 102 GB of Storage for $99.99 / Year. The Plus 100 Plan allows for unlimited image linking but does not allow 3rd party image hosting.

o Plus 500 Plan: 500 GB of Storage and unlimited bandwidth for $399.99 / Year. The Plus 500 Plan allows for unlimited image linking and unlimited 3rd party image hosting.

When these changes were made or started being enforced I don't know (Jun 29th per going_home). The email I received stated:
    WE NOTICED THAT YOU HAVE BEEN USING
    PHOTOBUCKET FOR 3RD PARTY HOSTING*

TO RESTORE YOUR 3RD PARTY HOSTED IMAGES,
    PLEASE UPGRADE TO A PLUS 500 PLAN.
    Last edited by wetwrks; 07-02-2017 at 03:16 AM.

What good is Photobucket without 3rd party hosting? I wouldn't have it at all if it wasn't for selling stuff on sites I can't post direct to.

What good is Photobucket? Now it is not worth a crap.
    When trolls run scared. Mrs E, " Doug I will effin cut you!"

Cyco-Dude Guest
    people should have dumped that ****ty hosting site a long time ago...now is a good time to move on.

I just closed my Photobucket account after 10 years! Downloaded everything, deleted all pictures and folders and killed the account. As of now, I migrated the MOTM winners thread to imgur and I'll probably be using it moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by mpsd View Post
    I just closed my Photobucket account after 10 years! Downloaded everything, deleted all pictures and folders and killed the account. As of now, I migrated the MOTM winners thread to imgur and I'll probably be using it moving forward.
    Just migrated to imgur as well. That's a better site. Bye Bye stupid photobucket!

Damn.. got nailed too. Oh well.