Thread: Mag not firing

Mag not firing

Hello! I'm new the automag scene and recently acquired a Z-grip mag with e-mag valve/level 10 bolt and right feed ULE body modded to accept a ripclip. The problem I am having is that when aired up, pulling the trigger does nothing. The gun airs up, no leaks, and you can feel that the pin that the trigger activates is under pressure when pulling the trigger. I have tried adjusting the long pin that the trigger comes in direct contact with that pushes the sear to see if it just wasn't moving far enough but still no luck.

Any help would be appreciated! Sorry for the not so good description, still learning mags. I would like to have this up and going for a game I'm going to next weekend if possible.

Another question too, can you install a ULT in a z-grip frame?

Thanks!

Have you made sure the velocity is turned up high enough?

And yes, you can install the ULT with your setup. The ULT is a whole new on/off assembly that replaces the on/off currently in your valve. It's not actually in the z-grip frame, but it will work with the emag valve.

Thanks for the info bud! I have tried adjusting velocity, doesn't seem to be affecting it.

FYI that is the same emag valve i was asking questions about here:

https://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=257627

I did the original ripclip mod to that body (i hope you like it!)

I almost bought the valve back because i wanted to figure out whats wrong with it. How long is the on/off pin? do you have some calipers?

EDIT:
    Also how long is the sear armature pin? should be right about 2"

Do you have any carriers to tune the lvl10? i remember it was chuffing for me quite a bit and i wonder if the carrier is just way too small. That valve was my first venture into the lvl10, rt valves and only my second mag valve and it gave me headaches until i sold it

EDIT2:
    thats also a classic body, not a ULE, with a Doc's TL to Cocker adapter... shouldn't really matter but i thought you would like to know what you have.
    Last edited by sQuidvision; 04-21-2012 at 11:40 PM.

My suggestion is send it to AGD.
    I did that with my first ULE mag, as I wanted to make sure I had one mag that was 100%

Not sure if you'll be able to install a ULT in a Emag valve. Look inside the on/off cavity. If you see a step up inside there. It's not compatible. You can send the valve to Tuna to get it modded though.

Are you using a HP tank?

Have you verified that the valve is tuned properly?

See if you can manually reset the bolt by sticking something down the breach and pushing on the bolt. You should hear a "click" when it resets.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassman
    The problem I am having is that when aired up, pulling the trigger does nothing. The gun airs up, no leaks, and you can feel that the pin that the trigger activates is under pressure when pulling the trigger. I have tried adjusting the long pin that the trigger comes in direct contact with that pushes the sear to see if it just wasn't moving far enough but still no luck.

Another question too, can you install a ULT in a z-grip frame?
    !
    Make sure the trigger rod is not touching the back of the trigger when you hold the trigger against the safety with the valve aired up. There should be a tiny gap (credit card thickness).

Make sure the level 10 bolt is properly tuned. Remove all shims from the powertube and install the largest carrier size that does not produce a leak with the white carrier oring that you are using. Always use the same white oring in each carrier that you try. Don't install the shims.

You might want to try a shorter on-off pin if you have access to one.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Hello and thanks to everyone for their input. Unfortunately the mag didn't come with any real kind of parts kit, and I have no spare parts to begin with so I'm fairly limited to what I can do to try and remedy the problem.

It's looking like my only real option is to send it in to AGD themselves and let them take a look at it. Just curious, does anyone know approximately how much they charge to service guns? I understand it will vary depending on parts required but I'm just curious to get a ballpark price.

Thanks again to everyone for the help!

You need to get yourself a parts kit anyway, if you are going to own a mag, or any gun for that matter. You might as well start now. AGD will just do a generic tuning. It will function, but you will still need to tune it for optimum operation. And, if the powertube oring gets damaged, guess what? You will need to tune the level 10 all over again. You can't send it to AGD every time an oring gets dirt in it.

If you want to get it properly tuned, get a hold of Tunaman here on AO. He is an AGD certified tech who will do a proper tuning, and it will be cheaper than sending it to AGD.