Thread: Vert ASA Screw question

Vert ASA Screw question

I purchased This Vert ASA from LAPCO and it didn't come with a screw to install it onto my Automag frame. Does anyone know where I can purchase said screw?

I tried Lowe's (where I work) but they didn't have any short enough for the thread I needed.

Quote Originally Posted by steve_81
    I purchased This Vert ASA from LAPCO and it didn't come with a screw to install it onto my Automag frame. Does anyone know where I can purchase said screw?

I tried Lowe's (where I work) but they didn't have any short enough for the thread I needed.
    i would talk with tunaman.

I believe it is the same screw as the back bottle asa screws in the AGD store for refererence.

You can cut it to the length you need.

Quote Originally Posted by Ando
    You can cut it to the length you need.
    Thought about it. So i purchased the package of them and got them home only to realize the head on the screws was to big so it wouldn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by audioSLAVE
    I believe it is the same screw as the back bottle asa screws in the AGD store for refererence.
    Thanks! I'll look into it.

I bought some at Home Depot. If they are for an RT Pro rail (two screws), you need 10-32 hex cap screws. However, I found the 1" length was too long an the 3/4" length was just a little bit to short. I ended up cutting 1/8" off the 1" screws.

If it is an AM/MM rail (one screw), I would also go with a hex cap screw, but I don't remember what size it is. I know it is a little bigger then the screws used for the RT Pro rail.

Lowes probably also has these in the hardware aisle, so you shouldn't have to support your competition.

Quote Originally Posted by bbotts77
    I bought some at Home Depot. If they are for an RT Pro rail (two screws), you need 10-32 hex cap screws. However, I found the 1" length was too long an the 3/4" length was just a little bit to short. I ended up cutting 1/8" off the 1" screws.

If it is an AM/MM rail (one screw), I would also go with a hex cap screw, but I don't remember what size it is. I know it is a little bigger then the screws used for the RT Pro rail.

Lowes probably also has these in the hardware aisle, so you shouldn't have to support your competition.

It's a 1/4-20 thread for the AM/MM rail i have. I found the correct screw, however the head on the screw was to large. So it wouldn't work. I just figured someone could share a link to a site that sold the correct screw. I got lazy lol

It's a 1/4-20 thread for the AM/MM rail i have. I found the correct screw, however the head on the screw was to large. So it wouldn't work. I just figured someone could share a link to a site that sold the correct screw. I got lazy lol
    if the head is too thick yeah i dont know a link for smaller.

if the circumfrence is to big i just spin my heads on a grinder till i get them the size i want. easy and they stay circular.

I've run into that issue with a cap head screw too. The standard cap head screws (1/4-20) have a head that sticks up out of the top of the rail, and would make contact with the body.

Best bet is to just order some of the screws from AGD or Tuna. I haven't found a cheap alternative without modification (grinding down the head or drilling out the rail) anywhere.

I have plenty. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

Quote Originally Posted by Tunaman
    I have plenty. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Awesome! I sent you an Email. I'm in need of 2 of them!

MOTY3
    I don't know if all ACE Hardware stores are the same but my local "M&D" Ace Hardware has a wonderful selection of fasteners, 5 isles deticated to anything you could think of...and they give out free popcorn

Quote Originally Posted by Flatliner333
    I don't know if all ACE Hardware stores are the same but my local "M&D" Ace Hardware has a wonderful selection of fasteners, 5 isles deticated to anything you could think of...and they give out free popcorn
    That would be awesome lol. The local hardware store here used to sell Paintball equipment but after new owners took over they got rid of it because he said there wasn't much of a demand, which I don't understand because it was pretty much the only place to get paint and air within an hours drive in any direction and the previous owner had alot of demand for it. I think it was mostly due to the new owners ignorance of the game. The new owner who took over is kind of an ******* so i no longer shop there.