Thread: shoebox compressor

shoebox compressor

so i go every year or try to get back home to south dakota for our family reunion in july august time,
    and i would like to start bringing my markers with so maybe some of the family can play.

grandparents live on 61 acres, so plenty of space to play without accidently shooting a bystandard.but no fill stations in a reasonable distance to the house.

shoebox compressor take 24hrs to fill?

so if i got two scuba tanks (3000psi filled)filled them prior, would i be able to play?
    6 people prolly playing 3 on 3 at max all day play,
    will i eventually run out of air and have to set the tanks back on the compressor and contiune play the next day?

we prolly wont be non stop playing of course off and on. using all mags, so air consumption will be fast.

not sure if any of this makes sense.

any ideas?

thanks,
    KNM

Air

Check with the local Fire departments. Some have a compressor that Would fill scuba tanks for you, if ya know the right guy. I think all you would need is the adapter for the tanks!!

GL

For HPA, the figure I have seen thrown around was figuring 10 shots/CI for 3k tanks and 15/CI for 4500. This is a rough estimate for a Tippmann, but I found my Mags seem to get simliar efficiency so it should be a decent way to guestimate what you would need.

IIRC a shoebox will fill a PB tank in 2-3 hours with a booster.

booster, not too versed on the shoebox what is the booster?

We have now sold over 1000 shoebox compressors but Pballers still don't buy them. They can't seem to figure out that it will fill a scuba and then you can instantly fill your marker.

AGD

Quote Originally Posted by AGD
    We have now sold over 1000 shoebox compressors but Pballers still don't buy them. They can't seem to figure out that it will fill a scuba and then you can instantly fill your marker.

AGD
    awsome, will definetly have to make this my next purchase.

any indepth videos on this compressor?
    i learn better by watching compared to reading.

hmm

Well I just ordered one this week because I am sick of my local field giving me a 2k fill and calling it good. When I was telling people about it they seemed very very interested. It will just take some more word of mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Blahslug
    Well I just ordered one this week because I am sick of my local field giving me a 2k fill and calling it good. When I was telling people about it they seemed very very interested. It will just take some more word of mouth.

I get 2.5k at best from my field, and I have 4500 tanks. and they only fill up to 3000, I'll be getting a 2nd 4500 tank so If I have 2 4500 tanks full I can last a full day of play and not pay 3.50 a fill...

Yeah I want one bad...

Beamer thanks for the links, definently will need to get this.

can i operate it off a higher psi compressor say 300psi and just turn the output pressure down to 85psi?

i am definently needing one of these.

thankyou all for the help this great.

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags
    can i operate it off a higher psi compressor say 300psi and just turn the output pressure down to 85psi
    Yes

saweet now need to ask the bank (wife) for some funds. since no one want my m90's
    plug.

thanks,
    KNM

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags
    can i operate it off a higher psi compressor say 300psi and just turn the output pressure down to 85psi?

Yes but it needs to be oilless.

Oilless shop air compressor required