Thread: x-mag won't fire using electro mode

x-mag won't fire using electro mode

I have a mystery on my hands, not sure which way to go..
    Recently i had my x-mag tuned, then after, had the x-mod 1.8 installed.
    It works great under manual mode, but once I select electro, nothing fires.
    Info:
    -900 lbs going into gun
    -battery is excellent (swaped batteries from my other x-mag, which works 100%)
    -you can hear the clicking going on inside, when pulling on trigger. Under burst, you can hear each shot "selenoid", but not firing out.
    -testing mode working, showing my rof.
    - 1.8 just installed, any set ups required afterwards?? or adjustments required. I don't have the 1.8 mod book.
    -1.8 is displayed once turned on.
    - Ace is not working, was replaced with on/off switch. Ace is set on menu as OFF.

Is it programming required, or adjustment with the trigger required..

What to do??

Rick.

i would talk to tunaman.

what is your dwell set to?

if it is too low it can do what your are describing, If i recall right.

if it is low put the dwell at like 15 or 20.
    i know that may seem high to some but then you have somewhere to work from if it helps get your gun firing.

Normally dwell is set at 30, but with Xmod you can take it down to 15 to increase battery life. Set it to 30 to double-check that the dwell isn't the problem. If it persists, check your sear plunger length to make sure it's correct, and then also check your solenoid wiring to make sure it's got the correct polarity.

You can still download the Xmod 1.8 manual from Lorne's site, just not the firmware itself. The manual has a lot of good troubleshooting info in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Justus
    Normally dwell is set at 30, but with Xmod you can take it down to 15 to increase battery life. Set it to 30 to double-check that the dwell isn't the problem. If it persists, check your sear plunger length to make sure it's correct, and then also check your solenoid wiring to make sure it's got the correct polarity.

You can still download the Xmod 1.8 manual from Lorne's site, just not the firmware itself. The manual has a lot of good troubleshooting info in it.
    yes yes do all that.

Changing software shouldn't keep it from firing. If you're hearing the clicking in E mode then the obvious issues like the ACE being on and the trigger magnet being to close to the hall censer isn't the issue. Also, since it's firing in mech mode, It's not a bolt stick issue or the trouble-some thumb and grip screws being too tight or loose issue.

My only suggestion ATM is charging the batter over night. Give it a full 12 hrs to charge. If that doesn't fix it we'll go another route.

Even though the charger is calling the battery good (green light is on), keep it on the charger for at least 12 hrs...24 would be best.

If upping your dwell gets it going then you have a low charged battery. Charge it up.
    Last edited by Ando; 08-17-2012 at 12:56 AM.

As mentioned, if the emag fired with AGD firmware, then it should fire with Xmod firmware. Definitely check the dwell setting. When you programmed the board, perhaps the adding and removing plugs caused the board to shift. Check the ground screw that holds the board in the frame. A bad ground could limit the power going to the solenoid.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Who installed your Xmod?"
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart