Thread: Can anyone create a aluminum selector switch?

Question Can anyone create a aluminum selector switch?

I'm restoring an e-mag that had an aluminum selector switch attached. I was wondering if anyone knows someone that could create an aluminum selector switch for me. Feel free to PM or reply.

I would really hate to spray paint a selector switch silver... lol.

luke makes one, from what i know,

http://www.lukescustoms.com/page0016.htm
    KNM

knownothingmags: i'm looking for the exact copy of selector switch. I asked him about some other stuff and he doesn't like to copy anyones work so I figured he wouldn't be interested in copying this. lol.

Go buy an endmill bit. Get a small piece of scrap aluminum from someone that is close to the proper thickness. Drill a proper sized hole in the aluminum where the screw goes. Then open it up to the proper depth with the flat end mill. Next, cut it out in the shape that you want only a bit over sized. File/sand it down to size to smooth it and shape it. Presto, a shiny new selector switch.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by athomas
    Go buy an endmill bit. Get a small piece of scrap aluminum from someone that is close to the proper thickness. Drill a proper sized hole in the aluminum where the screw goes. Then open it up to the proper depth with the flat end mill. Next, cut it out in the shape that you want only a bit over sized. File/sand it down to size to smooth it and shape it. Presto, a shiny new selector switch.
    The problem is, I don't really have the tools to tinker like that. I am willing to "sponsor" anyone willing to take the time to make one for me

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny
    The problem is, I don't really have the tools to tinker like that. I am willing to "sponsor" anyone willing to take the time to make one for me
    The only tool you need is a drill. You can drill the big flat hole with a hand drill if you start it with a drill bit. All other tools needed are a hacksaw and a file. If you can find someone to do it for you, it'll be easier for sure, but it is doable by anyone quite easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny
    knownothingmags: i'm looking for the exact copy of selector switch. I asked him about some other stuff and he doesn't like to copy anyones work so I figured he wouldn't be interested in copying this. lol.
    oh gotcha

I can give it a shot, but my emag is with tuna currently, so I dont have anything to go off. If you can get me a detailed blueprint made up I can do it in my spare time at work. I have enough 6061 alum. stock that I could butcher up and the boss wouldnt mind. I could even make them out of brass or ampco bronze. I've got the tools and the know how just dont know I long it would take me. lmk

Quote Originally Posted by reckid1986
    I can give it a shot, but my emag is with tuna currently, so I dont have anything to go off. If you can get me a detailed blueprint made up I can do it in my spare time at work. I have enough 6061 alum. stock that I could butcher up and the boss wouldnt mind. I could even make them out of brass or ampco bronze. I've got the tools and the know how just dont know I long it would take me. lmk
    If you do this you need to put the little dimples in from the mold...

I can provide the plasic selector switch and assembly and screw if anyone is willing to do it for me. Feel free to PM me if you are interested.

Why not make it sexier than stock?

Bunny if you get stuck I can make you one but im in the UK so turnarounds not the quickest due to posting

i could just a little plunge cut with a small end mill would do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drix
    If you do this you need to put the little dimples in from the mold...
    Ill send you a pm bunny.

Thanks for all the replies!! I'm working with Renie to get the selector switch created. Hopefully in a few months I can show off the finished product with an e-mag attached to it