Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 43

Thread: forgrip W/ LPR, hpa

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    triple mag shop.
    Posts
    3,110

    forgrip W/ LPR, hpa

    just checking what you guys would prefer.

    a gas thru forgrip with an lpr made into the forgrip?


    or a nother version of something like the venomous designs EP style grip.
    http://media.photobucket.com/image/r...s/epgripv2.jpg
    http://media.photobucket.com/image/r...ictures332.jpg
    http://media.photobucket.com/image/r...ictures335.jpg
    http://i552.photobucket.com/albums/j...3/pneu-mag.jpg
    http://media.photobucket.com/image/r...esigns/007.jpg

    lmk what you would like to see with these items.
    - mini boards
    -lprs,
    -pneumatics


    the reason for this is to get away from the clacker"cocker) look of the lpr sitting out front.
    and
    to get to a new point of being able to offer a new product to the community.

    FEEDBACK, thankyou,
    KNM.
    Last edited by knownothingmags; 09-16-2012 at 06:17 PM.

  2. #2

    image code


  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags
    just checking what you guys would prefer.

    a gas thru forgrip with an lpr made into the forgrip?


    or a nother version of something like the venomous designs EP style grip.
    http://media.photobucket.com/image/r...s/epgripv2.jpg
    http://media.photobucket.com/image/r...ictures332.jpg
    http://media.photobucket.com/image/r...ictures335.jpg
    http://i552.photobucket.com/albums/j...3/pneu-mag.jpg
    http://media.photobucket.com/image/r...esigns/007.jpg

    lmk what you would like to see with these items.
    - mini boards
    -lprs,
    -pneumatics


    the reason for this is to get away from the clacker"cocker) look of the lpr sitting out front.
    and
    to get to a new point of being able to offer a new product to the community.

    FEEDBACK, thankyou,
    KNM.
    ep style grip

  4. #4

    I like

    I would like one in gloss black

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Cottonwood, Az.
    Posts
    5,778


    I thought this was supposed to be kept secrete?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    triple mag shop.
    Posts
    3,110
    Quote Originally Posted by luke


    I thought this was supposed to be kept secrete?
    its on google.
    i will take it down if you guys need me too.

  7. #7

    build me one

    I wish someone could build me one

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    the country of california
    Posts
    1,134
    Oops. It was designed for an LPR with a max operating pressure of around 400 psi. This LPR is not rated for the 800-1100 psi input pressure used on mags and is considered temperamental at best at the higher pressures.

    Also I dont need something that BIG

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    triple mag shop.
    Posts
    3,110
    Quote Originally Posted by river031403
    I wish someone could build me one
    im working on the 3D drawing, as we speak.
    getting the interior details figured out.
    and seeing if i can make it to use a Micro Rock from PPS, for those who need that little extra.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    triple mag shop.
    Posts
    3,110

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by hill160881
    Oops. It was designed for an LPR with a max operating pressure of around 400 psi. This LPR is not rated for the 800-1100 psi input pressure used on mags and is considered temperamental at best at the higher pressures.

    Also I dont need something that BIG
    gotcha. kinda

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    triple mag shop.
    Posts
    3,110
    ill try and keep it with the demensions of the Emag battery pack.
    how does that sound?

    but i will not tailor the design around one person.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    the country of california
    Posts
    1,134
    Not to be a bitter betty but this design has been done, and it was not the biggest seller.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    triple mag shop.
    Posts
    3,110
    hmmmm.

    maybe thats why im designing a new one.

    ill be gettting better final demsions soon, and ill run a prototype, see if it is worth a damn.

    ill probably be going with the built in lpr.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    the country of california
    Posts
    1,134
    something like this with the internals from a microrock would be really small. I think 1.25 inch wide by 1 inch thick and* as short as a bike grip, or close to it, allowing for any number of exterior designs similar to what people are used to.








    Just my thoughts.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    triple mag shop.
    Posts
    3,110
    yes sir.

    i have been waiting to see what you guys were doing with this.

    if you are still going to make this.
    ill just focus on the outer design of the forgrip.

    im not going to get caught up in he said, he said, i stole this design he didnt ask me for that design.

    just putting it out there.

    im really slow at getting things to production. so we will see, how that goes after i get my design done.

    so yeah input on how to improve would be great.

    thanks,
    KNM.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    triple mag shop.
    Posts
    3,110
    isnt the shrader valve, in the bottom part of the micro rock?, the part that has the 1/8th npt fitting.

    that is the only area im having trouble figuring out how to apply it.

    i was thinking i would have my buddy make custom ones.
    but of course im at a loss once again.

    unless there is a different way to get by without the shrader.
    probably not?

    thankyou,
    KNM.

    EDIT: i finally found the disasembly of the micro rock. ill see what i can work out with the internals.
    when we move in NOV ill throw some real time into getting on of these done.
    Last edited by knownothingmags; 09-16-2012 at 08:18 PM.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    the country of california
    Posts
    1,134
    Its all open source to me. Its a public idea thats yet to have refinement and measurements put to it. So who ever moves it to the next stage is welcome to do so and i hope you can. So by all means have at it my friend.

    If you need any help let me know and I will se what i can do. My plan is to pay Luke to make one later this year on my new mag build I have been planing. So the more cad work and figuring out the better. Once he has the cad it would be his design.



  18. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    triple mag shop.
    Posts
    3,110
    Quote Originally Posted by hill160881
    Its all open source to me. Its a public idea thats yet to have refinement and measurements put to it. So who ever moves it to the next stage is welcome to do so and i hope you can. So by all means have at it my friend.

    If you need any help let me know and I will se what i can do. My plan is to pay Luke to make one later this year on my new mag build I have been planing. So the more cad work and figuring out the better. Once he has the cad it would be his design.


    good to hear.
    ill keep it up to date.

    one project is coming to a finish soon.

    thankyou,
    KNM.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    triple mag shop.
    Posts
    3,110
    so i have noticed a wall that i have hit with completing this prototype.

    ill talk to my buddy on tuesday, he is a machinist magician.
    and should have some pretty nice ideas on what i can do but still keep the project slim.

    then after the internal have been worked to perfection with micro rock internal, or close to.

    ill start work on outer asthetics of the grip.

    any help, guidence, reworking on this project that you see fit. please add.

    thankyou,
    KNM.

  20. #20
    i hope you get this going and done, it would be very cool. I think one of the things to really keep in mind is cost. if you can keep the milling/design simple it would help keeping cost down. though the venom were awesome looking, i think design/milling kept cost high.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    triple mag shop.
    Posts
    3,110
    Quote Originally Posted by C_losjoker
    i hope you get this going and done, it would be very cool. I think one of the things to really keep in mind is cost. if you can keep the milling/design simple it would help keeping cost down. though the venom were awesome looking, i think design/milling kept cost high.
    yeah it wasnt as much as most think all of his stuff was 2D pathing.

    but i digress,
    if im lucky my university will let my use there mill and my time. and that could result in some great 3D design.
    and
    keep the cost low.

    the only thing that really will kick the cost up crazy hi is the micro rocks,
    who know i might be able to make my own parts.

    we will sure see.
    thankyou,
    KNM.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    96
    Cant wait to see how this goes

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Sunny, England
    Posts
    344
    I will email you what files i have as i put this on the back burner for more important stuff

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    triple mag shop.
    Posts
    3,110
    Quote Originally Posted by renie
    I will email you what files i have as i put this on the back burner for more important stuff
    yeah totally under stand

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Sunny, England
    Posts
    344
    this is where i got too


  26. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Plymouth, WI
    Posts
    7,202
    well gees thats almost done


    I dont know what youre complaining about

    To leave feedback: Click seller/buyers name, Click feedback score, Click leave feedback

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Sunny, England
    Posts
    344
    here's a pic of the internals like i said its been on the back burner but it will work,

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    triple mag shop.
    Posts
    3,110
    how do you get the schrader in place?

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Sunny, England
    Posts
    344
    schraders are tapered and threaded all drilled from the bottom
    that model wasn't finsihed just a mock up so you can see the workings

    heres a pic of a schrader thread and taper


  30. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    triple mag shop.
    Posts
    3,110
    gotcha.
    well i am clearly in over my head.

    after taking a second look at the shrader, i dont have the ability to make those parts i can make everything else,

    good luck with your progress.

    well at least i figured this out before i started and took peoples money

    thankyou,
    KNM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •