Thread: Wee Pump

Wee Pump

This was a fun little project

The "Barrel tip" is a stock feedneck I cut, worked down, and pressed over.

Different barrel, and showing the ASA mounting.

In retrospect, I should have gone with a left feed and normal valve. Would have made the ASA mounting a lot easier. Had to measure it quite exactly so that it does not obstruct the pump linkage rod. But, all turned out perfectly

I like it. Exactly how did you mount the ASA? Hard to see even with the special angle.

Looks like it's clamped to the rail if I'm not mistaken.

Really nice pump pistol. Like need4reebses pistola mags, I like it. Good job!

Cyco-Dude Guest
    looks like a mini cp rail that's somehow attached to the rail? did you drill a hole in the area the sear goes? rip it apart; interior detail pics of the rail please!

Yip, Mini CP directly mounted. Two holes drilled directly into the rail and threaded to standards grip-frame threads. The only issue was to make sure the screws do not go in to deep to cause trouble with the connecting rod. It would have been easier on the other side. I can see a possibility here for a side mounted adapter as well, if someone was to take that up.

Pic is not that clear. My flash is bust and it was a bit dark in the garage.

That's pretty darn clever. I think putting it on the other side would have made it harder to chance the 12g because you would be reaching over the marker. Did you consider at all just putting a short section of threaded brass or something that would have got from the on/off to the valve?

The sides of classic rails take dovetails... didn't any of you have squeegee sidecars way back when?

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry View Post
    The sides of classic rails take dovetails... didn't any of you have squeegee sidecars way back when?
    Yup. Yup I did. Sadly it is gone now. The only marker I wish I had never sold.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    spacing is too narrow for modern asas.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco-Dude View Post
    spacing is too narrow for modern asas.
    Yeah, this is why I think a purpose made one would work well here. As Cyco said, modern ASA's just don't fit so well. Probably due to the fact the the rail has an angle in it. I don't have the machines to manufacture that kind of mount, so I had to go with a drill and tap-set.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    That's pretty darn clever. I think putting it on the other side would have made it harder to chance the 12g because you would be reaching over the marker. Did you consider at all just putting a short section of threaded brass or something that would have got from the on/off to the valve?
    No, but I am now :P

Quote Originally Posted by MAGpie View Post
    No, but I am now :P
    LOL. Been there.

Mag's, what ASA are you using?

I think using a mini rail would make it super easy to mount the changer under the front of the rail on the pistol mags, but the ASA would have to be very short with a very flat nose. I will be looking into that.

Quote Originally Posted by bowcycle View Post

I think using a mini rail would make it super easy to mount the changer under the front of the rail on the pistol mags, but the ASA would have to be very short with a very flat nose. I will be looking into that.
    Wish I knew.... dono. Just one from my box of random parts. It looks the best for the build, so that was my selection criteria.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bowcycle View Post
    it's a phat on/off asa.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco-Dude View Post
    it's a phat on/off asa.
    thanks.

I'll bet someone could rig up an RTP rail using the sight mount holes and mod an ASA mounting rail to work. Then all you're doing it messing up a $10 rail.

Here's a 15 minute concept.

How would the ASA actually mount? pressure from set screws coming up from the "bottom'?

Probably mount the adapter to the asa via set screws first then slide the adapter on the rail and lock down. The design to lock it to the rail would be designed around the other components. Wouldn't be that big of a deal to figure out.

This is just a concept, far from a final draft.

Could do something like this as well:

Name:  51Vd-Ob5o-L._SL1200_.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  19.9 KB