Thread: Unusual RT Pro Issue. . .Now confirmed as micromag 2k9 problem!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    So it seems my feed hole is indeed too far forward. It is about 3.65" from the back of the feedhole to the field strip screw. That most likely is what is causing the blowback up the feedstack and the low velocity.

Quote Originally Posted by sniper42 View Post
    So it seems my feed hole is indeed too far forward. It is about 3.65" from the back of the feedhole to the field strip screw. That most likely is what is causing the blowback up the feedstack and the low velocity.
    How can this be though? With a ball in the breach and pushing on the détents we have the same amount of space between the ball and bolt face.

And my measurements were from the back of the feed hole( I used a straight edge to line up with the back side of the feednecks) and the center of the FS hole. I will have some time tomorrow to do some masking off so show my measurements are "on".
    Last edited by OPBN; 08-02-2013 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    How can this be though? With a ball in the breach and pushing on the détents we have the same amount of space between the ball and bolt face.
    That's one of the hardest measurements to take in my opinion. There's probably some error there. Plus, how far in the detent sits can throw that dimension off from marker to marker.
    Last of the Salzburg Clan

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post

And my measurements were from the back of the feed hole( I used a straight edge to line up with the back side of the feednecks) and the center of the FS hole. I will have some time tomorrow to do some masking off so show my measurements are "on".
    The scenario i can see- material roughed and feed port machined. part loaded backwards and the front-or- rear features were milled. opposite end milled. the part is now correct except for the feedport being on the wrong side of center. part loaded correctly since it is now obvious, (and the keying feature on the front was probably used,) detent holes machined. that would put the detent holes in the correct location in regards to bolt face, leaving the feedport incorrect.

All of that is provided they didnt use a fourth or fifth axis. i remember the delays due to some big orders that came in. these may have been pushed on to a 3 axis machine which would mean many more operations and chances for mistakes.

I'm glad you've joined the discussion. These are all things I've touched on and/or asked about. It's nice to have a consenting opinion.

Alright, I pulled my feedneck off and did some further gleening. On my MM2K9, the feed neck hole/port is not centered from front to back. It sits farther to the back of the breach than the front. Sniper or whomever else, where does yours sit? I am trying to measure it, but its a bit difficult because the edge of the hole is beveled inward.

Name:  Micro 001.jpg
Views: 384
Size:  29.2 KB

The top of the pic is the direction towards the back of the marker.
    Last edited by OPBN; 08-02-2013 at 09:20 PM.

While the feed tube is out, shoot some balls with and without covering the feed hole to see if your velocity goes up as athomas suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by nak81783 View Post
    While the feed tube is out, shoot some balls with and without covering the feed hole to see if your velocity goes up as athomas suggested.
    Sure. Have to go play lumberjack today and cut up some wood, but I'll sneak in some play time in between.