Thread: Unusual RT Pro Issue. . .Now confirmed as micromag 2k9 problem!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Unusual RT Pro Issue. . .Now confirmed as micromag 2k9 problem!

So I have an RT Pro valve in my micromag and it has an odd issue. I posted up in the level 10 thread but I was told it is not an issue with the bolt so I thought it needs its own thread.

I've got an rt pro valve with a level 10 bolt. I initially had the original reg piston and it worked fine so long as I didn't want to shoot above 260, that is when it started leaking. So I ordered a new reg piston from tunaman. I'm using the .5 carrier. I started off with the red bolt spring. I followed all the guides and turned the velocity up until it first cycles, this happens at about 250fps. Since that is 20fps below where I want to be I thought I'd be good. Well when I try to turn up the velocity to get to field velocity, it doesn't increase at all. I can turn it in until the velocity nut bottoms out and it won't go above 250. I tried all three bolt springs and it is the same case with each one, though at different velocities. Am I missing something crucial here? I am stumped.

Someone suggested to use washers to shim the spring but this had no effect. There are about 3 full turns from when the gun starts cycling at about 250 to when the nut bottoms out. Throughout this range the velocity doesn't change. It stays at 250.
    Last edited by sniper42; 08-05-2013 at 10:28 PM.

What is the output presure of the tank you are using?

The issue occurs with both my draxus tank (850ish psi) and my ninja shp at 1100psi.

try putting a spacer inbetween your reg spring and adj nut. ghetto but it works

a washer from a hardware store works

I tried that. No change. The gun still won't cycle, even if the nut bottoms out.

Are you still using the red spring? Have you tried the gold spring to see what happens?

I ask because my retro valve would cycle at 265 with the red spring one i put the gold spring in it went to 320. I had plenty of room to adjust the velocity down to 270-300 depending on the field.